Categories > Anime/Manga > Gravitation > What becomes of Snow?

[Track Four]

by Lelion 0 reviews

Chapter four

Category: Gravitation - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Romance - Characters: Shuichi, Yuki - Published: 2006-01-21 - Updated: 2006-01-22 - 289 words

0Unrated
He trudged through the snow and street slush, now brown from passing traffic. In the streets, people walked everywhere, crowded as usual, all in a hurry. A light snow now fell, kissing the cheeks of all animate and inanimate beings alike. Frost lingered on the overhanging electric lines, threatening to flicker the power. He pulled a small paper from his pocket and rubbed at his flushed nose, no different than the rest of his face.

Geez, I guess I forgot how far away it was, he thought.

His feet shuffled lightly in the fresh snow. The sky looked cold and melancoly, as if trying to insult the cloud-covered sun. On he walked, glancing from sign to paper trying to find a match. This process continuing a bit less than an hour.

And then, there it was.

A heavily shadowed warmth eminated from the quaint little shop. It's arched windows perfectly matched it's 18th Century atmosphere. Kind of charming, that little place. Of course anything would seem a welcome place from the cold right now. The small illuminated sign beared the name "Viaticum". He approached and crossed his fingers, gaze never leaving the window.

"Oh good, it's still there," Shuichi sighed and leaned a gloved hand on the frosted glass.

Inside were an array of poets shirts, tawdry lingerie, and other miscellaneous goodies on display in the store. The object of his desire hung to the far left, right over the other writers supplies. He'd seen it when they'd passed it a few days earlier. The golden ring caught the sun and glistened beautifully as it dangled off it's long silver chain. He didn't know why he liked it so much. He just hoped and prayed that Yuki would too.
Sign up to rate and review this story