Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > If Only

Childish Legend

by IWCT 0 reviews

It's called guilt, Sasuke doesn't like it.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Sasuke - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2007-12-24 - Updated: 2007-12-24 - 267 words

0Unrated
Author's Note: Borrowed Sasuke for a small "post return to Konoha" piece. Call it AU for now, since this was written back in 2006 when he first left, and I'd kinda assumed that Naruto would get him back in a few months.

It is raining. Sasuke knows that it is typical weather for this time of year, but he can't help but feel annoyed. It shouldn't be raining in Konoha, not after having left Mist with sun shining on the blood covered snowdrops. And it shouldn't be night time when he comes hopping over the wall. It should be high noon, and everything should be just warm enough, but not hot, and birds should be chirping, because it's Konoha, and the stuff of childish legend called home.

But it's not perfect, and he knows this as he heads for a ramen house to get a shot of sake and some quick food to drown the memories of a pleading man and a squalling infant, and the mother's blood on his hands. Especially the blood. The blood from a traitor who had tried to betray Konoha's secrets to her lover from Rain. He'd ended up abandoning her, anyway. The woman was a nothing, merely a sad female who had been used and cast away. The only reason Sasuke had managed to finish the job was that he could see his face in her eyes, imagine that it was himself that he was killing.

A gruesome thought, but it helps him sleep through the night, and continue through the day, with his hands bathed in the blood of reformed innocents.
Sign up to rate and review this story