Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > If Only

Treasure

by IWCT 0 reviews

Shino knows who comes first, and he can be patient, even if he can't always keep his cool.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Hinata, Kiba, Naruto, Shino - Published: 2006-12-31 - Updated: 2006-12-31 - 337 words

0Unrated
Author's note: A piece of fluff to make up for "Fate." It turned out a little more mentally violent than I was expecting, but on the whole I think it's a fairly nice piece. Please feel free to argue with me on that point, however.

One-sided ShinoHinata seems to be becoming my mini-obsession pairing. But Hyuuga in general are particularly adept at preying on my mind as of late.

~~~

He knows that there are ways of doing things. Life has a rhythm, life has a flow. Disrupt that flow and bad things will happen. If someone gets somewhere first, then you have to wait your turn, and wait patiently. He is good at patient.

Kiba doesn't really get that, he knows, as the puppy of a boy drools after Temari. Shino doesn't know why Kiba can't see the way that Temari only gets loud and showy when a certain ninja is around, or the way the Sand ninja's brutal honesty attempts in a rough and ready way to prop that ninja up when the world collapses around his ears. Kiba can't seem to understand that in the flow of life, someone else came first.

Of course, if Shino is truly honest with himself, which he tries to be, he realizes he's a hypocrite. He shouldn't feel envy as Hinata blushes, and stammers her way around Naruto. He shouldn't want those small uncertain smiles and secretive glances from the heiress to the Hyuuga clan. Hinata had made her choice known, and that's the way of things. She wants Naruto, and Shino should realize that, and ignore any other feelings than friendship-what an amazing concept in of itself-until they go away.

Yet, each time Naruto goes after Sakura, each time he unknowingly hurts Hinata, each time he doesn't understand what her blushes mean, each time Naruto comes into the picture Shino wants to send flesh eating ants after him. Followed by scorpions to make certain that Naruto understands how Shino hates to see what he treasures just casually ignored.
Sign up to rate and review this story