Categories > Original > Romance > The Desert's Sad Song

The Desert's Sad Song

by musicandanimelver 0 reviews

Nick is in love with one of his best friends, Jay, he wishes for a chance to tell her, and when her and their friends decided to go on a camping trip in the desert, he gets that chance, but does a ...

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2007-12-22 - Updated: 2007-12-23 - 792 words

0Unrated
"I love you." Nick whispered, moving his long, black hair out from on front of his face.

"I love you too." Jay whispered back, leaning in.

His heart sped up, and he leaned in as well. They were inches away, so close, Nick could smell her breath, and feel it on his slightly parted lips.

Just then, there was a loud noise, it sounded like an airplane, coming, coming, coming, until it was so close, and then...



Nick shot up in bed. Just another dream.. He thought, rubbing his eyes.

"Nick, honey, you need to get ready for school." Nick's mother smiled at her baby boy, he was eighteen, and in college.

"Alright mom." He sighed, getting out of his bed.

He walked into his closet, and picked out a black t-shirt, and a pair of dark blue jeans.

"Nick! Jayson, Alexander, and Jaqueline are here!"

Nick cringed at the sound of his friend's names. They were really Jay, Alex, and Jackie, but he could never convince his mother of that.

He walkes down the stairs, and came face-to-face with her, Jay.

"Hey Nick! We have the biggest surprise!!" She eclaimed, her red hair bouncing up and down with her.

"It's pretty awesome." Alex admitted, his blue eyes sparkling with mischief.

"We're going camping!" Jackie yelled.

"Camping? That's what so cool?" Nick laughed, pouring himself some cereal.

"It's not gonna be like last time, this time we're actually going somewhere." Alex made a note, last time they had to camp in Nick's bedroom.

"Where are we going?" Nick asked, being careful not to spit out any of his Lucky Charms.

"We're going to camp in the desert!" Jay exclaimed.

"The desert?! That hardly sounds safe." Nick's mother interrupted.

"It's not supposed to be safe Mrs. Peterson." Jackie informed the forty-year old.

"I'm so in!" Nick gave Alex a high-five.

This is my chance, I can tell her then. He thought, stealing a side glance at her. Her red hair was in a ponytail, her hazel eyes watched as his mother cleaned up the kitchen.

"Get ready, pack the essentials." Jackie shook him by the shoulders.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~At~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Noon~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nick had his backpack firmly on his back, and waited for his friends to show up at the edge of unsettled desert.

"Hey Nick! I didn't expect you to be here so early." Jay's voice called.

"Hey Jay." Nick smiled, trying to keep his long hair out of his eyes while it danced in the wind.

She sat next to him, and looked out to the desert just before them. It was unpaved, and uninhabited, as far as anyone knew.

"It's exciting, isn't it." Jay broke the slight silence, fiddling with the straps of her backpack.

"Yea." He admitted.

"You know, there's supposed to be ghosts in this desert, that curse whoever steps in their territory." She informed him in as spooky a voice she could muster.

"Really?" Alex smirked, "This should be fun."

"Alex, where's Jackie?" Jay asked, turning around.

"She called me on her cell and said she'd be here soon."

"Hey guys! Let's get this trip going!" Jackie's voice called from behind Alex, amking him jump.

The three laughed at him.

"Hey, that's not fair." He sighed, walking forward.

"Wait up!" Nick yelled, running forward, the girls following.

A few hours later, they stopped at a place that looked pretty nice, not that it looked any different from the rest of the desert.

"We'll stay here." Alex stated, dropping to the sandy ground.

"It's sooo hot.." Jackie whined, faning herself with a magazine she brought with her.

"Yea, but at night, it'll get really cold." Jay sat down on the ground.

"She's right, and sundown is soon." Nick said, secretly admiring how smart Jay was.

"Ok.." Alex whined, going into his backpack.

The wind picked up, unnoticed by the weary travelers.

But it picked up more, and more, and soon sand was flying every which way, making it impossible for any of them to see.

"Jay!!" Nick yelled, "Jackie, Alex!" He yelled, sheilding his eyes.

"Nick!" Jay yelled back, trying to walk towards the voice.

"Jackie!!" Alex yelled, grabbing onto her hair.

"Oww! Alex!!!" Jackie squealed, falling into his chest.

"Nick! Where are you!!" Jay yelled, falling onto the ground.

"Jayson!! Where are you!" Nick yelled, he only used her full name when he was desparate. He walked through the storm, losing his backpack in the process.

Where is she? He thought, looking around.

He walked through the storm, until he tripped on something.

"Oww!" The sound of Jay's voice made Nick happy.

"Hold onto me!" He yelled, pulling her into his arms.

"The curse, it's real." Jay sobbed into his chest, eventually falling asleep.

Nick watched her, glad he found her.










Sign up to rate and review this story