Categories > Original > Romance > The Desert's Sad Song

Chapter 2

by musicandanimelver 1 review

Nick and Jay get into an argument, and Jackie and Alex have a slight problem.

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Published: 2007-12-24 - Updated: 2007-12-25 - 897 words

0Unrated
Nick sheilded his eyes from the blazing sun. What do we do now? He thought, looking down at Jay, who was still sleeping on the soft sand.

"W-Where are we?" A small, scared voice sounded from next to him.

"We're in the desert, Jay." He answered, looking sympethetically at her.

"Did you keep your backpack?" Nick asked.

"Yes. What about you?" She lifted her head, and ran her fingers through her red hair.

"No." He answered, sitting up.

"We should get going." Jay sat up as well, and wiped her eyes.

"Are you feeling OK?" Nick asked, immediately feeling stupid after he asked it.

"No. I'm not!" Jay yelled. "We're stranded in the desert, being attacked by a bunch of, deranged, psychotic, depressed ghosts! Why would you even ask that!!!"

"I'm sorry!" Nick yelled. "I just wanted to help!"

"Well you're not helping!"

"Well soooooorrry!"

"I don't need your pity!!"

"What's that supposed to mean!?" Nick was not exactly as smart as Jay.

"It means, I'm leaving!" Jay stood up, and stormed off.

This isn't what I wanted. Nick thought, jumping up.

"Hey!" Nick walked after her.

"Go away!" She yelled.
He grabbed onto her shirtsleeve.

"Get off!" She yelled, shaking her arm free. She burst into a fast run.

"Wait!" He yelled, chasing after her.
The wind picked up, Nick could swear her heard a sinister cackle, but he did see a wall of sand go between them.

Damnit! He thought, trying to run through it. He tried and tried, but his efforts were in vain.

He just lost Jayson.

Eventually, the wall of sand fell. He looked and looked, but he could not find Jay. Damit all to hell! He thought, running around the desert.

I hope the others are doing ok.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~With~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Alex~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~and~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Jackie~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"Alex! Let go of my hair!" Jackie yelled, trying to get away from the tall boy.

"Don't walk away, and I'll let you go." He whispered.

"Fine." She humphed, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Look, I just don't want to separate. We have to find Jay and Nick."

"No. We have to go back home and get some more supplies." Jackie pressed.

"But--"

"NO! It'll be a more successful trip if we get more supplies!!" Jackie yelled, scaring Alex.

"F-Fine, let's get going, do you have the compass?" Alex asked, already knowing the answer.

"Duh, I was told to bring it, wasn't I?"

"Yea, you are the responsible one."
Alex smirked, and they set out on their journey.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~With~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Nick~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nick ran through the desert, frantically searching for Jay.
"Jay!!" He yelled, cupping his hands around his mouth.

He got no answer.

The sun beat down on him as he ran. He was drenched in sweat, he figured all the water on him would cool him down. No such thing happened.

"Jay!!" He yelled. His stomach growled.

Damit it all to hell!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~With~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Jay~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She walked through the desert, uncertain of where she was. Crap, I'm lost. She thought, taking off her shirt, exposing a white tank-top.
She stuffed the shirt in her backpack, and kept on her way.

I wonder how Nick is doing. She thought, feeling pretty bad about the way she acted.

"I was stupid, and childish, and I shouldn't have taken those things so seriously." She sat on the ground, looking at the bright, hot, yellow sun.

It was almost sundown.

"I have to find him." She thought out loud. As she ran, visions of him played in her mind, visions of him sleeping, eating, running, laughing, and finally, visions of him laying on the ground, dead. She was supposed to bring the food.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~With~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Nick~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He sat on the ground. Hungry, sad, lonely, and hot.

What do I do? He thought, just laying there, baking in the fractions of light still lingering in the sky.

"Nick!" He sat up at the sound of her voice.

Jay? He thought, looking around.

Nobody. It was only my head.

"Nick!"

Stop torturing me!

"Nick!" The yelling wouldn't cease.
Eventually, it was so close, he could just feel it.

"Nick! Oh my God, are you OK!" There was a hand, on his face. He was so weak, he couldn't even force his eyes open.

"Jay?" He asked weakly.

"Yes. It's me, here, eat." She stuffed a gronola bar in his mouth and helped him chew.

"Thank you." He whispered, a small smile on his face.

"Nick, I'm so--"

"Shh, don't even think about it." Nick whispered, putting his index finger over her mouth.

She sighed and removed his finger, "You need some rest."
He nodded, "Yeah, it doesn't look like it, but I was looking for you."

"Thank you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~With~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Alex~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~and~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Jackie~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Come on!" Jack yelled, pulling Alex across the sandy flooring.

"I'm tired!" He whined, trying just to lay down.

"We need to get moving, I'm pretty sure that we can get back by sunup!" Jackie argued, trying to pull him around.

"We can rest and be home by sundown tomorrow!!" He argued, letting all of his weight, his 145 pounds, drift to his bottom, making it harder for Jackie to pull.

"Stop being stubborn, you're worse than that stupid mule on my grandma's farm!!"

"Yea...." He laughed, pulling her onto the ground. "But there is a time to talk about that tomorrow, " he pressed a kis to the top of her head, "Now, we sleep."
Sign up to rate and review this story