Categories > Anime/Manga > Fruits Basket > Kaida

News

by sangovengence 3 reviews

Hatori and Tohru are dating and have moved in together. Tohru has a secret that could change their lives forever...

Category: Fruits Basket - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Hatori,Tohru - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-12-24 - Updated: 2007-12-27 - 4848 words

1Moving
Hi!!!
Anime Freakette here!!!
This story is about my favorite (fake) pairing from Fruits Basket!!!
WHOO!!!
Oh, and please tell me what you think!!!
Also, I like to tell people my age 'cause for some reason it seems like more people send me reviews, so here goes!!!
I'm only 14 years old!!!
WHOOT!!!

Anime Freakette
--------------------------------------

"Tohru???” Hatori called as he walked in the door. He unzipped his jacket and placed it on the coat rack beside him.

There was no answer.

He proceeded further into the house as his eyes scanned the room and rooms off it for the brunette, expecting to find her busying herself in some sort of cleaning or cooking like usual.

He starting getting concerned when he couldn’t find her and strode back out to the living room, where he poked his head into the kitchen. “Tohru...???”

Still no answer.

"Now where could she have gone???” he asked himself quietly, plopping down on the sofa. “She didn’t say anything this morning...”

Tohru always told Hatori if she was going out for the day and if something unexpected came up, she’d call him on his cell phone. At first, she was shy to do this and did not want to bother the busy doctor. But he insisted and after telling her it worried him when he couldn’t find her, she agreed to let him know. She didn’t like to worry anyone, but much less him.

So when she was nowhere to be found, he found himself taking him cell phone and checking for any missed calls. There were none, so he dialed the number he rarely used and waited.

“... Hello???” she called more hesitantly and shy than what he normally heard.

“Tohru, where are you???” he asked.

“I’m... um.... on my way home, Hatori.”

“That doesn’t exactly answer my question...” His voice was stern and it made Tohru uneasy.

There was a long pause.

She had to think of what to say to the doctor. She couldn’t lie to him. Actually, she couldn’t lie to anyone. Her mother always taught her to tell the truth and because of Tohru’s naturally shy and ready to please nature, she couldn’t lie even when lying was the most appropriate thing to do. Instead, she’d just blurt out whatever came to mind and often it was something completely unrelated to the topic at hand. It made the dijounshi wonder how she’d ever managed to keep their secret safe, much less manage to break it.

But I can’t tell him everything , she though to her herself, although every part of her wanted to scream it in the doctor’s ear.

She fought herself tooth and nail to maintain the calmest voice her body would allow. “I’ll.... uh.... tell you when I get home. Bye!!!” She hung the phone up and continued walking to the appartment. Phew, that was close. She almost blurted out her secret. It was something she was going to tell him, something he needed to know, but she wanted to do it face to face. It was the honorable thing to do.

Hatori took the phone away from his ear and stared at it a few seconds before placing it on the coffee table before him.
“What was that about...???” he thought aloud.

The two had been dating for almost two years now. She was eighteen and he ten years her senior. The age difference made things difficult between his family members and her friends, and that was something they were trying desperately to correct. Society almost put him away when they first started dating because of it. But because they had not engaged in any sexual activity at the time, he was let-off with a warning. The accusation made it difficult for him to find patients now that he had opened up a small clinic of his own in the center of town. But the people that knew him before it had all started remained loyal and recruited people for him.

His two best friends ,Ayame and Shigure seemed to be the only ones who completely accepted their relationship. They were glad that their gloomy friend had moved on after Kana and managed to find love in someone they all knew, loved, and trusted themselves. And that was the problem...

Sweet, innocent, Tohru was already like a member of the family. She acted as a sister to the younger dijounshi and a mother to Yuki and Kyo. After Hatori and Tohru told the Sohma’s about their relationship, many were mad and several outraged. Kyo, who loved Tohru more than anyone else in the entire world, snuck up on Hatori one night after he left the clinic and beat him within an inch of his life.

No charges were pressed. Hatori knew exactly where the foolish cat was coming from, having felt the same way when he erased Kana’s memories, and didn’t wish that kind of pain on anyone.

So at first, they only went on dates twice a month, allowing her plenty of time to spend with the rest of the Sohma’s and time for her schoolworkd. It worked out great for the time she was going to school. He wanted her to have fun and be childish while she was still a child. Her friends could have her during this part of her life, but she was his the day she turned eighteen.

Not long after the two moved into a small apartment on the “outside.”

He allowed her friends over as often as they wanted. It made her happy to see the faces she’d loved along-side her mother, and he knew it. He loved making her happy and would do anything to put a smile on her face.

The second year they were dating Tohru “introduced” Hatori to her mother. He thought the filial piety was very honorable, although the rituals the three girls came up with, like eating in front of her grave, were a bit odd.

But even though the two had been dating as long as they were, Tohru still acted shy, especially when it came to matters in the bedroom.

He found that out when they first started dating. When he’d try to kiss her, she would get really flushed and subconsciously pull back. After many failed attempts, he had had enough and grabbed her from around the waist, pulled her close, and stole her first kiss rather harshly.

He immediately pulled away after realizing just how rough it had been and apologized several times within the same breath. This out-of-character reaction sparked something in Tohru and she just smiled brightly and told him it was okay.

They laughed whenever they thought about it. Hatori and Tohru ended up switching places that night, leaving him flushed and her looking as calm and collected as ever.

But even after that kiss, she’d blush whenever their lips touched.


Hatori knew that getting to that would prove to be difficult, so he slowly began training her. An arm around her waist, a hand caressing her cheek, and other little things he would do on dates began loosening her up and she gradually allowed him to do these things without a bit of protest.

And on her eighteenth birthday, he made her his by taking her on the most romantic date of her life and then back to his home at the Sohma estate, where he had lined candles on every inch of every surface in his bedroom to make it the most romantic night of her life.

He’d often think back to when they’d first met, and he made that horrible comment about her being “ordinary.” The words came out so jumbled. To others, it almost sounded like he was calling her ordinary-looking, when really, he meant she was more ordinary-acting than what he’d expected. When his cousin informed him about the Tohru Honda that had learned the secret of the zodiac, he thought that she was either a freak or crazy to have accepted such a thing so open-heartedly. So when he met her face-to-face, he was surprised to see such a beautiful, sane, well-manned girl before him.

He turned on the television and flipped through the channels, but to no avail. He couldn’t concentrate not knowing where she was or what she was doing. So he turned it off and lit a cigarette.

Tohru never scolded him about his smoking, although he knew how much it bothered her.

When he was only 14, he became addicted to cigarettes after Shigure stole a pack from his father and pressured Hatori into trying it. He found that it relaxed him and whenever he lit one up, the pressure seemed to go away for a little while.

Over the years, Shigure offered him other things, including marijuana, but doing drugs was something Hatori refused to take part in. He had pride and dignity, and he’d be damned if ever tried drugs.

A loud crack of thunder brought Hatori out of his daze.

He flicked the ashes of his cigarette then stood to see out the window behind him.

It was raining. Not all that hard, but judging by how quickly the storm had developed, he knew it was only going to get worse.

He turned around to the door and glanced under the coat rack, where a single, green umbrella lay.

A rather dramatic sigh escaped from him as he planted his face in his palm. He was always telling her to take her umbrella just in case in rained. But she was just too absent-minded to remember half the time.

Oh well he thought as he put his cigarette out in the ashtray by the couch. Can’t be anything now

He began unbuttoning his shirt as he headed for the bedroom they shared together. It had been a long day at the clinic and he wanted to get out of the clothes he’d been wearing all day.

All the sinus-infections and severe allergies he’d seen the past week were enough to last him a lifetime. November and February were the worst times of year health-wise. Not to mention that he’d gotten a call from Shigure and had to go take care of Akito, who had managed to once again fall ill.

Even after the curse was broken, some things never changed.

The bond between the dijounshi and their god , or, more accurately, goddess , never went away. He still couldn’t go-against the wishes os Akito, nor could any other member of the dijounshi. However, ever since she and Shigure were wed, she wasn’t even close to as harsh as she used to be.

He and Tohru were called over to Shigure’s house a couple times a month for dinner. She wasn’t near as good a cook as Tohru, but she was learning.

Akito and Tohru had also formed a very close friendship, much to his relief. If he and Tohru were ever going to get married, he preferred to keep at least one good eye to see her with. And he would hate himself if the incident with Kana ever repeated with Tohru. The first time had been dreadful and every time he had to erase someone’s memories he drifted further away from people. He didn’t think he could ever look Tohru in the eyes and erase her memories. He didn’t even want to think about it.

As he rid himself of his shirt and began working on his jeans, he used his other hand to slide the door of his closet open.

It was empty.

Damn he thought, remembering that it was Thursday. Tohru always did the wash on Thursdays.

Buttoning his pants back up, he walked shirtless down the hall and into the laundry room, where he was expecting to find his clothes. He didn’t care if they were still dirty. He just needed to get out of these clothes.

The tall, white hamper lay sideways on the floor, empty.

“She didn’t!!!” he started, then rushed down the hallway and into the living room. He looked out on the balcony.

“She did!!!”

Half-naked, he rushed onto the balcony and began rapidly taking down the soaked clothes from the line, throwing them inside and discarding the clothes pins in the bag beside his feet, although many flew out of it.

Tohru was absent-minded and a bit dim, but she was expertly skilled when it came to house cleaning and the things related to it. So Hatori found it odd, and annoying, that she’d just leave the clothes one the line while she was out.

After he was done, he shut the sliding glass doors and looked at the pile of soaking wet clothes that lay on the ground.

He was going to have to re-wash them, then put them in the dryer. They hardly ever used the dryer because it was loud and since they’d only been there a little over a month, the weather allowed them to air-dry their clothes.

So he loaded the washer up and added extra detergent, throwing his shirt and soaked pants in the load, as well.

He was left in only a pair of soaking wet boxers that clung to his skin and made it very uncomfortable to walk in.

Sighing, he rid himself of the boxers, threw them in the load, started the machine, and took a long, hot, well-deserved shower.

What was she thinking?!? he demanded from himself. Going out like that and just leaving the clothes out to dry without even calling me!!!

He turned the water off and leaned on the wall.

When she gets home, I am gonna have a serious talk with that girl!!!

Hatori always seemed to be a very calm, serious man. But when it got down to things, he could be very nasty, cruel, and loud. The loud part was probably something he got from hanging around his cousins too long. It was also a side he rarely let anyone see except for Shigure and Ayame. The violent, harsh side of him was something he never wanted to subject Tohru to seeing. It was him at his worse. And noone wanted the one they loved to see them like that.

After drying himself off and wrapping a towel around his waist, he headed into the living room for another smoke.

“Hatori!!! Did you have a nice day???” Tohru’s cheery voice called as she poked her head around the kitchen doorway.


Hatori looked at the girl standing before him. Long, brown hair clung to her face and neck in stiff, grouped strands. Her dark blue polo clung so tightly to her body that he could see every little detail;

The line that went from her neck that passed in-between her breasts and down past her abdomen

Hatori had noticed she’d put on a bit of wait in the last couple weeks. He didn’t say anything about it, of course. Actually, he thought she was a little too thin before and now she looked much healthier. As a doctor, being healthy was more important than being thin, however, he was incredibly thin himself, but he was also built due to martial arts training as a child. He still went every now and then, but when he was a teen he went every day.

Perfectly-sized twin mounds hung loose under her shirt

She wasn’t wearing a bra. That much was obvious...

But had she gone out like this???

Hatori wasn’t normally the jealous type. But if she had gone out like this, there was going to be more to add on to the scolding that awaited her imminent future.

Jeans that were supposed to be solid blue, were now so mud-covered they looked almost like a camo-print. They clung so tightly to her skin that the outline of her underwear could be seen.

He raised an eyebrow. “Did you go out like that???” he asked coldly.

She looked down at herself, then into his eyes. “What’s wrong with it???”

“You’re not wearing a bra.”

Her cheeks turned a rosy color as she brought her arms up protectively to cover herself and her eyes closed in an attempt to hide her embarrassment.

He sighed.

“You should be more worried about other men seeing you like this.”

Her hazel eyes opened to look at the man she loved through narrow slits.

How am I gonna tell him??? she thought. What if he gets angry and says he doesn’t love me anymore???

“... Tohru???” he called with concern. She seemed to be spacing out. Not that she didn’t do that often, but today she seemed a bit... off. He couldn’t quite put his finger on it, but something was definitely wrong.

She snapped back.

“I’m here!!!” she shouted. She didn’t mean to shout, but she had been thinking so hard that when she came out of her daze, the words just seemed to fly off her tongue.

He squinted his eyes, then looked away.

What’s wrong with her today???

“Never mind...” he sighed.

She nodded her head with eyes so hurt, she was glad he wasn’t looking. “Dinner’s almost ready. I made sandwiches, if that’s alright.” she said in a monotone voice.

“That’s fine...”

He hates me!!! Now what am I gonna do???

Something’s seriously wrong with her... Is she mad at me??? Did I do something to upset her???

They went their separate ways. Her, back to the kitchen, and him to the laundry room where he found that Tohru had already put the clothes in the dryer for him.

She looked down at the sandwich she had just finished making. It was his favorite; ham and cheese with lettuce and miracle whip instead of mayonnaise. Sometimes it seemed he got upset when she cooked, and it was too late to start a big meal anyway. So she just made something easy that he liked.

She wished she could tell him. But it was so hard. The words just didn’t seem to form right and whenever she’d try it’d come out wrong. Once she said they needed to go to the hospital and he practically ran to get his doctor’s bag so he could examine her.

She should have told him a long time ago.

She’d speculated a couple weeks ago but never really got around to telling anyone, so she didn’t. The only ones who’d even understand were Hatori, Shigure, and Ayame. And she’d tried to tell them on many occasions but nothing worked. So she stopped. She didn’t really know for sure anyway. But the trip she’d taken today confirmed it. And now telling him wasn’t something she could avoid; it was a priority.

---

What’s wrong with me??? he thought to himself. Something could be wrong. Maybe she’s cheating on me and...

He cut-off his thoughts.

He placed his trembling hands on the dryer and looked down at them. Tohru would never cheat on me. She hasn’t the heart.... Or maybe it’s that she doesn’t love me anymore and is just too shy to say it.

He looked away.


When he lost Kana, he lost all the will to live. He stole a bottle of intense pain medication from the family clinic and had swallowed about half of them with a bottle of wine before Shigure found him and dialed 911. Shigure had only been there to visit Akito that day. When she told the dog she hadn’t seen the doctor in two days, he went looking for him. He followed the scent of Hatori’s cologne to one of the exam rooms. If Shigure hadn’t come that day, Hatori would’ve died without a question.

And if he lost Tohru, noone would just happen to be there in time to save him. If he lost Tohru... he wouldn’t want to be saved.
---
She smiled slightly.

It doesn’t matter. He has a right to know. I should just tell him where I was today
---
I’ll just go right out and ask her what’s going on. She can’t lie. Besides, she said she’d tell me when she got home, anyway

He turned around and headed down the hallway, fists balled-up at his sides. Not in anger, but anticipation. He wanted to know what was going on. Why she had been acting so strange lately.
---
Tohru put down the buttering knife and tucked her hair behind her ear.

He needs to know she reminded herself over and over again, walking into the loving room.
---
There they stood, facing each other. Him in nothing but a towel, and her wearing that incredibly, but unintentionally-revealing outfit. They just stared at each other, both mouths open, trying to find the words to say.

It was him who spoke first.

“Tohru, what’s going on???” he asked with the calmest, composed voice he could manage. If he’d of had it his way, it would have practically been screamed. Not to frighten her, but to release all the energy that was building up inside of him. “Where were you today???”

She looked down.

“I was... uh... um.... I...” She tried speaking, but nothing was coming out.

Now, he was getting a little impatient.


“Tohru, where the hell were you today?!?” This time, his mouth didn’t listen to his mind and he literally screamed the words at the poor, already-frightened Tohru.

Both jumped at the levels of his voice.

He’s really mad... she thought. I’ve never heard him yell. Not even at Shigure-san or Ayame-san!!!

“T-tohru...”

He realized just how upset he had made her and forced his eyes close momentarily to think. Now she must think I hate her...

He took a step toward her and held his hand up in front of him, trying to make her see he didn’t mean it.

She couldn’t take it anymore.

Bursting with tears, she collapsed on the ground and rocked herself with her arms wrapped tightly around her shoulders. “Please don’t hate me, Hatori-san!!!” she sobbed into her knees.

He rushed beside the girl and took her in his arms.

She hadn’t called him Hatori-san since he’d asked her not to more than a year ago. It practically broke his heart to hear her call him that, not to mention seeing her break-down like this.

“I don’t hate you.” he whispered as long, skinny arms wrapped around him. He kissed the top of her head. “I could never hate you, Tohru.”

She continued to cry with no signs of stopping.

He slid one arm under her knees and the other under her shoulders and lifted her up into his arms. He brought her over to the couch and sat down, her sitting less than an inch away from him with her head on his shoulder and her feet on the other side of him. She was boney, and with him only being in a towel, sitting her on his lap would’ve proven to be very uncomfortable.

“Now what’s all this about???” he asked lovingly, a hand going through her hair and a slight smile on her face.

She stopped crying.

“I... I missed.” she sobbed.

He became confused.

“Um... missed what, Tohru??? the bus, a sale, what???”

She hesitated, then snuggled her nose deeper into his shoulder, inhaling his wonderful scent. Even after he showered, the scent still lingered. He smelt of roses and snow and must and it was just so Hatori.

The single act of Tohru snuggling into him was enough to make the dragon’s jaw drop.

“Your....” He swallowed down the uneasiness in the back of his throat in a single, loud, gulp. “... period???”

She didn’t nod yes or no, but instead continued to snuggle against him.

He breathed out heavily.

“You’re.... pregnant???”

Tohru said something, but it was muffled by the doctor’s body.

“What???” he asked, pulling her slightly away from him.

Her big, hazel eyes met his cerulean ones and a smile crossed her face. “9 weeks”

Hatori opened his mouth to respond, but his body wouldn’t allow it. Just moving his jaw proved to be difficult enough, much less making sound.

Tohru’s eyes narrowed and she peered up at the dragon holding her through narrow slits, smile leaving her face. “You’re upset, aren’t you???” she asked innocently. “I don’t think it’s right, but if you want, I can get rid of it.” She hid her face back into his shoulder.

He pulled her close and rested his head atop hers. Maybe from the sound of her voice or what she was suggesting gave him back his ability to speak. “Don’t even think that, Tohru.” he said. He kissed the top of her head, then began rocking her back and forth. “I’m just.... I’m just.... so....” A tear trickled down his face and was absorbed into the wetness of her hair. “So... happy...”

She breathed in that scent for what seemed like hours as the raven-haired dragon rocked her.

Tohru thought he was going to be mad at her for not being careful, but this response was more than she could have ever hoped for. The man she loved now loved her more than ever before and a new person was going to be added to the relationship.

Hatori was going to be a father and he decided right then and there if anyone had a problem with it, he’d finally find a good use for all those years of intense martial arts training.

They stayed in that position with Tohru breathing in the dragon’s heavenly odor and the dragon crying into her soft, silky hair for what seemed like an eternity.

Nothing was going to stop them now.

Nothing.
--------------------------------------
Kyo: What the hell?!? Why does HE get to be with her?!?

AF (Anime Freakette): Oh, Kyo-Kyo... Don't you worry!!!

Kyo: Don't call me that!!!

Yuki: AF-san, I'm sorry, but I'm going to agree with Kyo on this one. You went a little too far by putting Hatori and Tohru together. And having her PREGNANT??? It's absurd!!!

Kyo: YA!!! What about me!!!

AF: Oh, don't worry, Kyo-Kyo, Yun-Yun...

Yuki & Kyo: DON'T CALL ME THAT!!!

AF: ... I have something in store for the two of you. Mwahahahaha!!!

Momiji: AF-chan!!! Am I gonna be in the next one??? Am I, am I???

AF: Yep!!! And so is Shigure and Haru and Akito and Kyo and Yuki and Ayame and---

Ayame: I'm going to be in it??? Hahaha!!! Let me guess, I'm going to steal the princess away and raise the child as my own?!?

AF: Um, no---

Ayame: And then I'll slay the evil dragon that stole our precious Tohru's innocence!!!

AF: Aya---

Ayame: And I'll marry her and she'll just have to model the dresses I make!!!

AF: Uh---

Ayame: Oh!!! And while she's pregnant, I'll start a maternity line!!!

AF: That does sound interesting, but---

Ayame: I just can't wait!! It's going to be SUPER SPECTACULAR!!! Just imagine if you will the look on---

Kyo: (smacks on back of head with frying pan then binds and gags)

AF: Thanks

Kyo: Don't be. I didn't do it for you. (grabs leg and drags body away)

Yuki: At least that stupid cat is good for something

AF: (sigh) Well, TATA!!!
--------------------------------------
Thank you for reading this!!! Please tell me what you think!!!
Oh!!!
And this is going to be at LEAST a four chapter thing. Once I start writing it's hard for me to stop...

Also, the thing at the end it just my way of foreshadowing (hint, hint!!!)

Isn't it funny how similar (kinda) Kyo and Yuki's nicknames are???

WHOOT!!!

**By the way, if I seem a little eager at the end, let me remind you that it's not 3:04 in the morning and I'm REALLY hyper 'cause I have mania, which means I can stay up for like days on end if I don't get any medication. I also have a lot of other things...

Anyway...

If people have any requests for me just write me a review saying what you want and I'll probably have LOADS of fun trying to write them, kay??? I watch a lot of anime, so you can send me requests for other anime. You can be as specific or non-specific as you want!!!

=This is a request from my friend Tabby, who got me out of my severe writers block. Thank you, Tabbie!!! I LOVE YOU!!!=

WHOOT!!!


/~Anime Freakette~
She loves you...
She loves her beotches...
She loves everyone...
Why???
Because she is just a nice person...
(And the little voices tell her to!!!)
^_-/







Sign up to rate and review this story