Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Semiotic Love (I'll Love Whatever Breaks My Heart)

Chapter 4

by another_disaster 3 reviews

Gerard wakes up.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2007-12-28 - Updated: 2007-12-29 - 1238 words

0Unrated
Authors P.O.V.

After the nights events. Kyler was confused and the heartbreak had returned. Seeing Gerard again had confused him beyond belief. After he had seen him on television, the feelings had returned but not as strong as they had tonight. Seeing Gerard lay helpless on the sidewalk outside the restaurant and on his bed broke his heart. He knew who Tony was, from the few years ago where he had been informed. But he couldn't understand why he would have gone back to him if he treated him so bad. He wanted to know how long this had been going on and why Gerard didn't seek help from one of his friends or why they hadn't noticed and if they did, why didn't they stop this from happening over and over. From the way Gerard's wounds and bruises had appeared, this had been going on for a long time. Kyler took a glance at Gerard's stomach that night as his shirt raised from moving him into his bed and he was shocked. The scars and bruises made him want to cry or be violently sick, it was insanity. How could anyone hurt someone like this? Someone they supposedly loved.

Kyler had heard the conversation from the table behind him in the restaurant, he was in the booth behind the couple. He heard Tony propose to Gerard but he got no response. His heart fluttered as he heard those words coming from some ones mouth and he instantly wished someone would say that to him one day. But when he heard the commotion that Tony had started, it turned to rage and confusion. He hadn't seen the people behind him but he was listening closely to what they were saying. The disgusting words that flew from Tony's mouth and when he heard the scream from the other man as they left the restaurant, he knew he couldn't ignore it. He didn't even know the victim but felt the need to help and when he saw who it was, his anger boiled his blood and his feelings overtook his body.

To know that Gerard was being hurt, yet again had upset Kyler but he didn't know why he should care so much. Gerard had hurt him, left him and forgotten about him but why couldn't he just do the same. Forget about him. He had, until he saw him again - on television. The past flooding back. But deep down, he knew he had never forgotten about him. He was his first love after all, no one could forget their first love.

Kyler watched as Gerard slept, his body seeming lifeless as only his chest moved a little as he breathed ever so lightly. Kyler looked closer at him, noticing all the changes. His hair was very short now, his hair as black as the night sky. He must have dyed it back. Nils thought and smiled, shaking his head. Davey knew what he wanted and nothing would stop him from doing what he wanted to do. Except Tony - obviously.

---


Gerard tossed and turned in the bed, clutching his sides as he slept. Even in sleeping form, the emotional and physical pain was too much to handle. His weak, bruised and beaten body had come to life in the past hour - his sub-conscious telling him to wake-up, but he didn't want to.

Kyler was sitting on the floor against the wall, opposite the bed. His legs close to his chest, his arms rested on his knees as his head lay on them, sleeping from exhaustion. He had fallen asleep nearly two hours ago, he tried to fight to stay awake but sleep took over. He was emotionally drained, the nights events had taken every drop of energy out of his body.

Gerard suddenly jumped up from the bed, his breath heavy and sweat covering his entire body. His eyes adjusted from their blurry gaze and focused on the room, a painting was the first thing he saw then he heard deep breathing coming from next to him and his head whipped round, meeting a sleeping body that was leaning against the wall. He looked round the room quickly, trying to find the door and wondering why he was here. His long hair was tangled and messed up, his make-up already dried on his face from the tears smearing it down his face. He gently ran his fingers across the wound on his head and he winced in pain, smelling the alcohol that was obviously used to clean the wound.

Gerard's heart raced, he was panicking as he remembered what had happened. Tony, he proposed to him then beat him again. Someone came over and that's all he could remember, he swung his legs around the side of the bed and stood up, instantly falling to the floor with a loud thump as his legs gave way. He couldn't even support himself.

Kyler's head shot up, looking at the bed and noticing Gerard wasn't there anymore, he quickly stood up and noticed a figure shaking on the floor and trying to get himself up. He quickly ran over to the side of the bed, kneeling down in front of the broken man and lifted him onto the bed by his waist.

Gerard slumped back onto the bed, his legs shaking as were his arms and his heart was racing. He couldn't look up, he was too scared. What if this is another of Tony's friends. Gerard thought, remember how his friends used to treat him. Raped and beat him whilst Tony watched, enjoying every moment of his pain.

"Are you ok?" Kyler quietly asked as he sat next to Gerard on the bed. Gerard's head was hung low as he wrapped his arms round his fragile and bruised body. He just nodded, not looking up once.

"Do you know who I am?" Kyler asked, his breath catching in his throat and Gerard shook his head. "Please look at me."

Gerard sighed and carefully looked up at the man, his eyes adjusting to the lack of light and he looked at every detail of this man. His sleek black hair was just above his shoulders, his frame small, his eyes a light brown from what he could tell and the features extremely familiar to him. He sat there, staring at the man for a few minutes until it clicked and he gasped, tears coming to his eyes and his heart racing in his chest, threatening to explode.

"Kyler?" Gerard whimpered, his voice cracking and Kyler nodded sadly. "Oh my god. I have to go, I can't - I'm sorry."

Gerard quickly tried to get up but Kyler's hand rested on his shoulder, preventing him from moving and holding him down to the bed.

"No. You're not going anywhere, at least stay the night. You're not in any condition to move or do anything." Kyler begged and stared into Gerard's brown eyes.

"But -" Gerard argued.

"No, you're staying and that's final. We can talk in the morning if you wish or you can leave. Just stay tonight, please?" Kyler interrupted and begged, he couldn't let Gerard go out like this and he knew he would go back to that monster he called a boyfriend. Gerard looked up, nodding slowly and sat back on the bed. Kyler sighed in relief and shook his head. What happens now?
Sign up to rate and review this story