Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Semiotic Love (I'll Love Whatever Breaks My Heart)

Chapter 5

by another_disaster 2 reviews

Kyler wakes up.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2008-01-26 - Updated: 2008-01-27 - 1209 words

0Unrated
Authors P.O.V.

Kyler woke up with the sound of the kettle downstairs whistling, the high pitch sound causing him to squint and grunt. He swung his legs out from under the duvet and set them on the floor whilst rubbing his eyes. He stood up, stumbling forward a bit and headed for the guest bedroom door, he opened it and shielded his eyes from the sunlight coming from the window in the hallway. He slowly walked down the stairs, his actions slow and his hunched back made him look more or less like the undead. He wandered into the kitchen to find Gerard pouring the boiling water that was in the kettle into a mug, as he put the kettle down he turned to face Kyler and the room was filled with a very awkward silence. Gerard and Kyler stared at each other for what seemed like an eternity but was only a mere thirty seconds.

"Morning." Kyler finally choked up the courage to say something and slowly sat down on the chair at the dining table. Gerard gave a weak smile.

"Morning." Gerard said, barely audible. "Thank you for letting me stay, it means a lot. I don't know why you didn't just throw me out - it's what I deserve."

"It's no problem and it's not what you deserve. It's fine." Kyler smiled and watched as Gerard walked over to the dining table, placing a cup of hot coffee in front of Kyler.

"Black, the way you like it - if you still like it that way." Gerard said, taking a seat opposite Kyler.

"You remembered." Kyler smiled, a bit shocked at how Gerard had remembered how he liked his coffee, even though he wasn't a big fan of it back when they were together - it seemed like so long ago to both Kyler and Gerard.

"So," Gerard started, drumming his finger nails on the table. "How have you been?"

"I've been pretty good I guess, I know you must be doing ok - with the band and all, well except for last night." Kyler's voice went quiet at the end of the sentence and Gerard's head sunk, staring at the table. "Sorry, I didn't mean to -"

"It's fine, really." Gerard gave a weak smile and cleared his throat. "Yeah the band is doing so well, it's really good. Our dreams have finally come true."

"I was listening to your new album at work, I had no idea it was your band though. Your voice has changed since when I last heard you." Kyler laughed as did Gerard.

"Yeah, it's not as bad. So where do you work?"

"It was never bad Gerard and I work at Alternative Press." Kyler replied. Gerard looked up, a little shocked seeing as he was in that building for an interview a little while ago.

"Wow, I'm surprised I didn't see you when I was there." Gerard said as Kyler finished the last of his coffee and placed it back down on the table gently.

"Same. Thanks for the coffee, it's what I needed. I don't feel like a damn zombie anymore." Kyler chuckled and Gerard gave the first genuine smile of the morning which filled Kyler with comfort. Kyler thought that it would be strange talking to Gerard again, but he hadn't changed much at all - he was still the same except he wasn't his Gerard anymore.

---

Kyler sat on the couch, playing with the hem of his white shirt - he was alone once again in his home. Gerard had gone at noon and it was now four, they had exchanged numbers to catch up with each other. Kyler tried to make Gerard stay, he didn't want him to go back to his boyfriend but Gerard convinced him he would be fine and would go with either Frank or Ray. Gerard had promised to call Kyler at four-thirty and not a minute later.

Kyler felt ridiculous, waiting for the phone to ring and hear the sound of Gerard's angelic voice. Kyler had wanted to scream and yell at Gerard earlier, but he knew the man was hurt enough and didn't need anymore pain at this moment in time. Kyler still felt anger when he saw Gerard, but it soon melted away as he saw how broken Gerard was. Kyler wouldn't let himself be the one to cause Gerard more pain and hurt, he just couldn't do it. No matter how much he wanted to scream and ask for an explanation, no sound came from his mouth.

Four thirty had came so fast and Kyler was fidgeting by the phone, pacing up and down the carpet. He had walked up and down there so much he was surprised he hadn't burned a whole in the carpet. The room filled with the ringing of Kyler's phone and it took him mere seconds to pick up the receiver and place it next to his ear.

"H-hello?" Kyler stuttered into the receiver and mentally slapped himself for being such a teenager.

"Hey, it's Gerard. Just calling to tell you I'm ok, see I keep to my promises." Gerard replied and Kyler wanted to scream, thinking about that one promise he made him and didn't keep.

Don't ever leave me. Promise me you won't.

I promise.

"Yeah, keeping to promises." Kyler replied sadly. "I'm glad you're ok, so what's going on? Did you leave or are you still going to stay with him?"

"I've left, for now. I don't think I can handle going back, last night was the last of it. I don't think I could handle anymore abuse, emotionally and physically." Gerard replied and Kyler could hear the sadness and hurt in his voice.

"Well just know that you're welcome here when ever you want and it would be nice to catch up sometime."

"Well we could do something tomorrow? I don't need to do anything till about two, I have to go to a meeting with the band. Actually, you should come along. Everyone would be happy to see you again." Gerard replied, excitement rising in his voice and Kyler smiled. He felt warm and his stomach turned with excitement at the thought of seeing the others.

"I'd really like that Gerard, thanks. Well call me tomorrow and we'll sort something out, is that ok?" Kyler asked.

"That's fine by me. I'll call you tomorrow. Thanks for everything Kyler, I'll see you tomorrow." With that, Gerard hung up and Kyler slowly placed the phone back down and thought about seeing everyone tomorrow and laughed at the thought of a particular someone he couldn't wait to see other then Gerard.

"Mikey." Kyler laughed and shook his head as the memories flooded his head about this man, he was one of the funniest and most mental person he had ever met.

Kyler sat down on the couch and smiled, counting the hours till he was reunited with the friends that had also left him without saying good-bye. He smile turned to a frown as he thought of how they had left him, without saying a word. He knew that tomorrow would probably be the day that all emotions came flooding out and probably at the wrong time.
Sign up to rate and review this story