Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > A New Start, and A Change of Heart

Butterflies More Than Once

by PatrickStumpLover 1 review

Will Pete give them a shot our give them the boot?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-01-05 - Updated: 2008-01-05 - 1179 words

0Unrated
---------------------
Recap-- sorta

Walking back into the studio, a feeling of akwardness hung in the air. Whenever did it not? I could already tell that this wasn't going to work out. Perfect.

As soon as we walked back into the room, I could feel eyes on all Andy and me. Not that it wasn't expected, it was just awkward. If one word could describe today, it would be awkward.

end of sorta recap
-----------------
"So is everything ok?" Pete asks.

"Yeah it's fine." I say.

"Ok, so whenever you gus are ready." Pete said all smiley.

I nod as I walk over to my beloved bass and gently pick it up by the neck. God, I loved this thing. It was my life. I always say that I'm emotionally attached to it, which I am.

"Nice bass." Pete says, as I began to tune it in Drop D.

"Thanks, it was a birthday present from two years ago," I say. "I'm emtionally attached to this thing."

Realizing what I had just said, I looked to see if the expression on anyone's face was a 'What the fuck is she on?' look, reacting to what I had just said.

"That's not weird is it?" I question, to no one in particular.

All four of them answered my question. Pete was first.

"Nah, not really, I probably love my bass just as much as you love yours."

I smile at this response, knowing, thanking, that I am not the only one.

"Well I love my guitars and all my hats." Patrick said nervously. "I don't think it's weird."

"Awww, that's cute." I say.

Realizing what I had just said, I look up to see Patrick turn a deep shade of crimson red.

I could feel my cheecks getting hotter and hotter by the moment.

"Oh my God." I say. "I didn't mean it like---" I was cut off by John.

"Ooooooooooohhh, someone's got a cruussshhhhh." John sing sang.

Now my cheeks were getting hotter, even if that was at all possible, since I was already blushing crazily. I quickly turn my face downward, pretending to tune my bass, so no one, especially Patrick could see how badly I was blushing.

"Andrea." John sing sang again. "Stop pretending to tune you bass, so I can see how badly you're blushing."

Damn, he didn't fall for it.

Reluctantly, I slowly I stopped "tuning my bass," and looked up to face John.

"My God Andrea, you should see you're face, you just look like you just ran a marathon or something." He said in between gasping for air becuase he was laughing so hard.

I look up to see Patrick blushing slightly, but I also saw a smile on his face.

Oh, that smile... I could sit all day and watch him smile. The things that that man does to me.

And I also saw Pete smirking oh god, he probably thinks that I want to... you get the idea.

Quickly to stop the focus all on me I start to ramble. Which was the WRONG idea.

"Hey can we start now, because I have this thing later..."

"What thing, Andrea?" John questions me. "You don't have a thing, I think you just said that to me to stop focusing all the attention you."

"That's not true..." I stutter, quickly to make a good excuse, but my tongue fails me, and I can't form a word.

"Ok, ok we'll start, but I just want to memorize that look on your face, it's priceless." John smirks.

"So Andrea, you're gonna sing?" Pete asks.

"Umm yeah." I said while adjusting the microphone stand.

"You guys ready?" Pete asks again.

This time we all shake our heads yes.

"Ok this first song is called First Day, First Try." I say into the microphone.

John started the opening guitar riff. Which was amazing, he still amazes me everytime we play together.

John writes all the music, he's a musical genius.

Anyways, as i fininshed that song about two and a half minutes later, I look up to see Pete with a dead look on his face. That made me nervous. All of them had like a dead look on their faces.

Nervously, I speak up.

"Was it really that bad?

"No no no, it was amazing." Pete reassures me.

"Well I don't know, you all had like a dead look on your face."

This time Joe speaks up.

"Well that's because that was just fucking amazing. Wow. That was just like whoa." "That almost came to close to smoking weed, it was that good."

Pete starts to laugh. "You should take that as a compliment," Joe almost never compares anything as good to smoking. Wow, I'm amazed."

"Thanks."

"No problem."

I can tell that Pete is already so pleased with the songs. I mean I knew that he was interested when he heard some of our stuff when I posted it online, and like sent it to him a like a hundred times on FallOutBoyrock, but this was just amazing. He was REALLY pleased.

I know what you must be thinking, 'Wow you took the lame shot to get Wentz's attention, copying Panic! At The Disco', but I mean come on, last time he posted a journal entry on FallOutBoyRock, looking to sign new bands, we didn't even have our formed, it was the only way I could think of to get his attention. Sorry.

"So do you want to hear more songs, I know you already heard half of them already but-."

"No it's good, I'm just going to go outside for a minute to think about this, and I'll come back." Pete said as he was walking out of the room.

I know what you must be thinking, (Yes, again) 'one song for Pete and he's going to think about signing, you took the easy way out. One song to make up his mind. He must be crazy. Wow, hell, I should send him some of my songs, and hey, maybe if I play one song for him, he'll think about signing,'but it wasn't that easy believe it or not. It takes a lot of time to get the songs just right. (Ok, I'm ranting again, sorry.)

Waiting, oh my god. He must have been outside for atleast twenty minutes. The suspense was killing me.

I guess I must have been pacing because Patrick had to get me to stop.

"Andrea," Patrick called. "Calm down, you guys we're great, he HAS to sign you guys, if he doesn't I'll beat him up."

This made me laugh.

He put his hand on my shoulder, this made stop pacing. Electricity jolted through my body, just at the slightest contact from him.

"Thanks Patrick." I said shyly as I pulled his hand off my shoulder and held it for a mintue or two in my own. This made him blush. I could already feel the butterflies in my sotmach.

At this point, I really didn't care if Pete didn't sign us. Patrick Stump had given me butterflies.
Sign up to rate and review this story