Categories > Cartoons > Xiaolin Showdown > The line between good and chase

The Black Lotus

by momo_is_juicy 0 reviews

thusly came the most awaited chapter of all

Category: Xiaolin Showdown - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Characters: Kimiko - Published: 2008-01-06 - Updated: 2008-01-07 - 538 words

0Unrated
"My mother's maiden name was Hobahan." I began somewhat quietly "Her father was Tobochi Hobahan...the sorcerer. You might have known him considering the seedy charecters he called cronies." Chase smirked "I remember him well," he said appraisingly "and actually it was he who was my apprentice...until he became too greedy." I near growled and glared angrily into the fire place. "His greed is what brought me here. He wanted a predescesor in case his plans for world domination backfired, and since my mom ran away at 18, he waited for an oracle to tell him of my birth and the fact that I was destined to be an elemental dragon. That night he marked me with a curse, while I was still in the hospital." As I spoke my hand lifted up my right sleeve all the way to my upper arm. There, at the very top was the dark flower tatoo. "The mark of the black lotus." I said, voice quavering "It is a curse that mostly hurts its user, draining their life completely which is why it is so rarely cast. The victim is in turn infused with the very essence of evil...since I was young and didn't know any defensive magick I was especially vunerable to it." slowly my fingers traced around the design "Thankfully my mother recognized the mark and put me in the care of several xiaolin monks who knew black magick. By the time I was three they had put a seal over the curse that bound it before any of the haylin spirit could corrupt my chi." I gestured to the five red diamonds that surrouned the lotus. "From then on I was allowed to lead a mostly normal life...but I was told never to tell anyone about the mark or it's meaning...and I hadn't-" "until now" chase finished for me. I nodded, to tired to keep talking.
It was quiet for awhile until I heard chases dark, cynical laughter. I turned my head sharply at the sound. "How dare you!" I fumed "I just bared my soul to you and now you're laughing?!" Slowly it died but his smirk remained "How dare I?" he mused "You, little dragon are the one who is in the wrong." I was speechless "I have been fighting all my life for the power YOU were simply GIVEN and yet here you sit, ungratefull and anguished over it." He shook his head in gracefull amazement. "Not everyone is like you chase." I spat, finally finding my voice "To most people, life isn't about power! To most people good is good and evil is evil and most people choose good!"
Silence fell thick and staticly between us until finally chase rose to stand beside my chair. "That may be true,"He said softly, as the light of the fire magickly dimmed "but you and I are not like most people, are we miss Hobahan?" He used the name specifically to irk me, and it did. I got up from the soft velvet and stormed out of the room, leaving him in the dark...laughing.

A/N : well that was fun1 come and see us again folks, we'll be here till the apocalypse!
Sign up to rate and review this story