Categories > Cartoons > Xiaolin Showdown > The line between good and chase

Loss of appetite

by momo_is_juicy 1 review

Kimiko sits down to dinner with chase and wuya.

Category: Xiaolin Showdown - Rating: G - Genres:  - Characters: Kimiko - Published: 2008-01-10 - Updated: 2008-01-10 - 416 words

0Unrated
The still silence of the hallway was as creepy as the portraits lining it's walls. Epic battles and archaic legends spread out on miles of tapestry, lit by red flamed sconces to give them a bloody overcast. I folded my arms over my chest as I wandered a little chilled. Who was this guys decorator? Vlad the Impaler?
Finally I arrived at the end of the hall. A large floor to cieling door rose up in scarlet splendor.I stood in front of it for a moment or two, considering the fact that in a super villains lair, any door could lead to a dungeon or a doomsday device.Not that I had much of a choice because suddenly a mocking voice sounded close to my ear "Well, are you going in or not?" My body went on pins and needles as the adrenaline shot through me, and before I could stop myself my foot swept out in a low kick.
Reflexively chase grabbed my leg and pulled me swiftly up into his arms. For a heart beat I just sat there, astonished at his strength but then I remembered who and what he was. "Chase." I demanded through gritted teeth "Put me down now." He shrugged but easily obliged. Placing me onto the floor as easily as he had picked me up.
I huffed and, forgetting my earlier dilemma, pushed open the heavy oak door.
The dining hall inside was enormous and as intricatley designed as the rest of the den. A long cherry wood table, set up to look like a cross between the last supper and one of Marie Antoinettes dinner parties, sat in the midst of it all. My mouth watered, but like they say "All good things must come to an end." and this was no exception. "Well well well." A smug feminine voice mused "Now how did you manage this?" Chase and I turned to see wuya poised and smirking at the door we had just come in. Chas eignored her question and opted for his usual icy glare.
"Oh come now chase," the witch yawned, taking a few slinking steps foward "I invented the evil eye. Tell me how you caught her?" I bristled at the word caught. She paused suddenly in her catlike pacing to concot a theroy.Her face suddenly looked disdainfull "Please tell me he didn't win you in a challenge like some cheap carnival prize."

A/N: Sorry, gotta end it here. Be back soon1
Sign up to rate and review this story