Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Only Think In The Form Of Crunching Numbers___x

Chapter 39: Hey Tear Catcher, That’s All That You Are

by VikkiMole 3 reviews

The light breathing, slight rearranging of body weight in his sleep. I loved every second. If Patrick could see himself like this he would never be insecure ever again.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-01-07 - Updated: 2008-01-07 - 1182 words

2Funny
I wouldn’t say that waking up next to Patrick was now, ‘routine’ but I think I’d gotten over the initial, oh-my-god-I’m-sleeping-next-to-him-oh-my-god excitement. That didn’t mean I was over it. God, no. It was still awesome, of course. The light breathing, slight rearranging of body weight in his sleep. I loved every second. If Patrick could see himself like this he would never be insecure ever again. His face was quite blank, like he had no care in the world. I loved being a border-line insomniac, getting to always be awake first, just watching. Again, creepy.

‘How come…’ Patrick grumbled in my cheek, ‘..I always wake up to find you lurking over me?’

‘How come…’ I answer, ‘..you know I’m watching you if you’re sleeping?’

‘Touché’ He replied, shuffling over me, wrapping a leg over my hip

I returned the favour, scooting around so I trapped his thigh between my own. He pouted, trying to escape as I held him tight, kissing all over his face, making him giggle. I laughed at his squirming as he gripped the sides of my head, prizing me off, pulling that annoying face of mock disgust. I’d got him caught, hands above his head.

‘Pete’ He sighed, amused ‘Get off of me’

‘Nopes’ I grinned wickedly, sliding my lips from his face down to his neck

Patrick leaned his head back, still mumbling the odd protests but not fighting. I moved further down, burning kisses into his chest, he shivered but still didn’t argue. Further still, just above his bellybutton I licked a strip over his tummy.

‘Pete…?’ He mumbled, staring down at me, I could feel his gaze

I’d finally arrived at my destination. I paused for a second, building myself up to it. I inhaled deeply before I put my head down and blew. His stomach rippled under my mouth as I exhaled. In an explosion of the silliest sounds I never knew Patrick could make, he thrashed at me, hands trying to escape my grip. I continued , moving both his hands in one of mine and tickling at the same time. He cackled, breathless.

‘Pete… Hehe.. Pete… Ge..rt.. Ou…ff’ Patrick cried, managing to push me back by his knee, winding me

‘Gy..ah’ I blurted, because that was pretty much the only noise I could make

‘Shit…’ Patrick cawed, crawling over to me, ‘Sorry..uh..again’

‘Why is it…’ I groaned, lying on my back, ‘whenever I start having fun… you kick my ass?’

‘Crazy teenage hormones?’ He offered, I scoffed

‘Don’t go all sex-ed on me’ I pouted, Patrick massaging the part of my torso he thwacked

‘I am sorry…’ He gestured with his spare hand,

‘Prove it’ I carried on in the same childish manner

I wasn’t really that pissed off but I found it funny when Patrick was all apologetic and flustered. He was adorable. The way he had this small shiny cluster of sweat on his forehead. I tried not to laugh at him. I quite liked having him gently touching my upper body. It was nice, kind of tickled, but nice. His expression shifted and he slapped my chest. I yelped, frowning.

‘Faker!’ He yelled, getting off the bed, well, trying to get off the bed

I clutched his waist from behind and dragged him backwards.

‘No, no, no..’ I called, struggling with him, ‘Come on… It’s Sunday… Let’s just sleep all day…’

‘Unlike you…’ His shoulders drooped, ‘I have something planned today’

‘You have plans?’ I asked, stifling a snort

‘Why is that so unbelievable?’ He questioned, slightly offended, ‘I always have plans’

‘You going to Joe’s or hanging out with Andy?’ I raised an eyebrow, ‘Cause those aren’t plans, they’re bad habits’

‘Oh.. So you don’t like my friends?’ Patrick kicked around, trying to get me to let go of his waist

‘I do…’ I answered, shaking my head ‘But you always go to Joe’s and hang out with Andy… Probably not even planned… You just turn up at his house’

‘Well, yeah…’ He retorted, thinking, ‘But that’s not where I’m going anyway’

‘Okay..’ I nodded, ‘Where you going then?’

‘Why is that any of your business?’ He teased, leaning back, his head on my shoulder

‘Well, you’re mine… so… I have a right to…’ I tried to finish but he hit me, he’s always hitting me

‘I don’t belong to you’ He stood up, wiggling his ass and pointing at it, ‘This… belongs to the public..’

‘Sure’ I rolled my eyes, ‘Good luck with that’

‘I’m… If you were interested to know…’ He started, turning around and leaning his elbows on the bed, ‘I’m getting a job’

‘Seriously?’ My eyebrows arched, ‘Where?’

‘Spiller’s Records’ Patrick smiled, ‘I thought it would be where I’d be of best use’

‘That’s awesome,’ I agreed, knowing he’d be doing something he’d love

‘Uh huh’ He tottled over to the living room, ‘Interview’s at Ten…’

‘Awww’ I groaned, knowing it was already half nine, ‘That only leaves us with half an hour to be together’

‘Actually,’ He reappeared in the doorway, fully dressed, ‘I’m leaving now’

I pulled my best puppy-dog-eyed look but he took no notice. Swooping in to kiss me goodbye, I hugged him and considered not letting him go. I hadn’t been alone in the apartment for such a long time, since Monday I think, and you know what happened then. Patrick seemed just as reluctant to leave me alone, lingering in the embrace a few seconds longer than he probably should have, but knew I’d be alright on my own. I’m a big boy. I can take care of myself, I guess. Though, I can’t cook. I can’t really clean. I have no idea how to work my washing machine. Clothes always seemed to avoid the laundry basket. My shoes don’t know how to stay together, like they’re temperamental or something, refusing to stand next to each other. My socks just as bad, they ball up in drawer but god knows if I could ever find a matching pair.

‘I’ll be back in a couple hours’ He smiled from the doorway

‘Go get ‘em champ’ I grinned back, he rolled his eyes

I heard the front door slam, Hemmy barked. Hemmy’d been pretty quiet lately. It’s just the whole shit that’s happened has even gotten to him. He’s getting better, his side that is. He bounded into the bedroom and landed in the empty space that Patrick had left. That was the first time he’d been in my bedroom since Ash had broken in. Hemmy didn’t have that same, carefree spark in his eye anymore. It was as if she’d broken him. I patted the top of his head and he licked at my hand.

‘Feeling better?’ I whispered to him, he made a grunting noise, ‘Me neither’
Sign up to rate and review this story