Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Just To Get Back In Her Arms

Nothing Left To Talk About

by bellaxmuerte 8 reviews

After the concert, the whole group goes out to a club.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-01-10 - Updated: 2008-01-11 - 1492 words

1Original
Just To Get Back In Her Arms
Chapter 10


“What’s on your mind, man?” Frank asked Gerard after they had finished the show. Gerard opened the door to a dressing room backstage and Frank followed behind.

“Ah, nothing, why would you think that?” Gerard replied casually.

Frank raised his eyebrows. “I’m not stupid Gerard. You’ve been my best friend for a long time now, I think I’d know when something’s wrong. You’ve been strange all day and, well, let’s face it, that wasn’t your best show...”

Gerard didn’t argue because he knew it was true. The crowd hadn’t appeared to notice a difference, but he sure as hell felt it. He grabbed a pack of cigarettes out of his coat pocket and walked to the sofa across the room. He lit his cigarette and sat down as he put it in his mouth. “I don’t know Frank,” he began after taking a drag. “I went to see Stef yesterday.”

“Oh, that’s right. How did it go?” Frank asked while taking a water out of the mini-fridge.

“It was horrible, I’m so angry right now.”

“What? Does she not want to talk to you again?”

“More like the other way around.”

“Are you serious? What could she have possibly done-”

“Why does everybody think she’s so innocent?! I’m not the only one who made mistakes.”

“Whoa, whoa Gee. I didn’t mean it like that. I just mean, you were so smitten with her at the wedding, even when she blew you off. I don’t understand.”

“She left for school and was pregnant. And she had an abortion. And I’m just finding out.”

Frank abruptly spit out the water he had attempted to drink. “She WHAT?”

“Yeah.” Gerard leaned back on the sofa and rested his head on top of it.

“I’m sorry man. That’s a lot to handle. Is she coming out with us tonight?”

“I’m pretty sure Mikey invited her, yeah.”

Gerard stood up and put his coat on. He stared at the wall for a moment before turning back to Frank. “Do you think I’m being unreasonable about this all?”

Frank, who had been texting on his cell phone, looked up at Gerard. “I don’t know, man. I mean, it’s a lot to take in, but it was so long ago.”

“Everyone keeps saying that, but for some reason it doesn’t make a difference to me. Frank, do you remember that girl you were screwing at the end of high school? Emily, was it?”

Frank chuckled. “You put that so nicely. But yes, her name was Emily. Where did that come from anyway?”

“What would you do if the same thing happened with her?”

“Oh come on Gerard, that’s completely different. We’re talking about Stef here. Little Stefanie Diane Cardamone, the cute girl next door, your popular best friend who stuck by you when everyone else thought you were too weird for your own good.” Gerard laughed at Frank’s comment. “I’m just saying Gee... you guys have a real history. And when you betrayed that, I guess she felt like she could betray it too. Now I’m not saying it was the right thing to do, but understand where her head was.”

“We’re talking about a baby, though. My kid.”

“Would you want to be a father right now?”

“That’s not the point Frank.”

“Oh but it is Gerard. Everything happens for a reason. You have to believe that about this situation, too.”

Gerard ran his hand through his jet black hair and sighed. “I don’t know...”

Before he could ponder anymore, Ray opened the door. “You guys ready to go?”

“Yeah,” Gerard replied. “Where’s Stef?”

“She already left with Mikey, Alicia and Sarah.”

“Sarah’s here?!” Frank asked.

“Yes, a soon to be married Sarah is here,” Ray answered.

Frank frowned. “Oh,” he said. “That girl was so hot in high school.”

“You’re ridiculous,” Ray said shaking his head. “Anyway, Bob and the three of us are going in another car and meeting them at Joey’s club.” Joey was an old friend from high school who now owned a club in the city. They always went there because they were guaranteed a private room in the back.

After about a 15 minute drive, they arrived at their destination. Once they were escorted to the back, they came to a room with glass windows. Gerard could see Stef laughing and drinking with Mikey, Alicia and Sarah. He hated admitting to himself that he was happy to see her, but the events of the previous day kept replaying in his head.

Frank noticed him staring at her. “C’mon Gee,” he said, giving Gerard a pat on the back. Bob opened the door.

“Bobby-boo!!” Alicia screamed. “Welcome!” She had clearly already had a lot to drink.

“Alicia, that’s not my name,” Bob said with a grin on his face. He was used to Alicia’s drunken pet names.

“Mikey, you might want to control your wife. I think she’s already had one too many,” Ray said laughing.

Gerard was the last one to walk into the room. Stef had stopped laughing and now had a solemn look on her face, pretending not to see him. He took a seat by himself across the room.

“Well, well, well. Sarah Bailey. Looking better than ever,” Frank said before he kissed her hand.

“Iero, you haven’t changed, have you?”

“Of course not!”

Sarah laughed as she gave him a hug.

Alicia noticed Gerard sitting away from everyone else. “Ohhh brother-in-law of mine!” Gerard looked up at Alicia.

“Yes Al?”

“Come here please.”

“Is it necessary?”

“Yes!” she replied, oblivious to the fact that she was sitting right next to Stef.

Gerard sighed and walked over, not looking at Stef for one second.

“What is it?” he asked, standing in front of Alicia.

“Why are you sitting by yourself?”

“I’m tired and really don’t want to be here.”
“Ok Mr. Cranky, we’re all having a good time! You’re killing the mood here!”

“Yeah well I’m not the only one in this room who has killed something.” As soon as those words escaped his lips, he knew he shouldn’t have said it. Stef, who had been engaged in a conversation with Ray, shot her head up. “What did you say?”

“Oh shit,” Frank said.

Gerard knew it was wrong, but his pride kept him from apologizing. “Forget about it.”

“No Gerard, why don’t you just tell the whole world? You know you want to let everyone know what a bad person I am,” Stef exclaimed, standing up.

“What is going on?” Bob asked quite confused.

Mikey stood up and put one hand on Stef’s back and the other on her arm. “Let’s all just calm down here. You’ve been drinking, you should probably sit.”

“No,” she said, jerking away from him. “No, let Gerard be the victim for once, just like wants. Come on Gerard, tell them! Tell them how horrible I am, how I betrayed you.”

“Stef, I... I didn’t mean it, just sit ok?” Gerard instructed, trying to grab her hand. She slapped it before she could.

“Don’t you dare touch me. You’ve done enough of that, haven’t you? Aren’t you going to tell them all how you knocked me up? And how I had an abortion and didn’t tell you because I’m such a bad fucking person.” Stef could barely get the last sentence out before tears started running down her face. “Oh God,” she said as she grabbed her things and walked out the door.

“Fuck!” Gerard yelled as he hit his palm to his forehead and then ran his fingers through his hair. Within seconds he walked out the door to follow Stef. Sarah did the same. The music in the other room was pounding. He could see Stef not far ahead of him, tearing through the crowd of people, attempting to get to the exit as quickly as she could. He tried yelling her name, but the music was too loud. Finally he caught up to her before she could leave.

“Stef!” he said as he put his hand on her shoulder. Without even looking at who was behind her, she turned around and slapped him.

“Fuck you!” she screamed.

He quickly grabbed his face before looking back at her. Her eyes were red and puffy, and her mascara was running down her cheeks.

“Can we please talk?” he asked in a quiet tone.

Stef chuckled cynically. “There’s nothing left to talk about sugar. You’ve said all that you needed to say.”






*thaaank you cutegirl12356 for always reviewing! other reviews would be nice, too :-)
Sign up to rate and review this story