Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > A Friendship To Last A Lifetime

Just Wasn't Meant To Be

by checkered_stars 6 reviews

Gerard and Rachel's talk

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-01-12 - Updated: 2008-01-13 - 679 words - Complete

1Exciting
Chapter 66-

I stared at my phone questioningly.

“You right Rach?” Scarlet asked.

“Yeah. Yeah. Just, gotta go somewhere.” I said slowly.

Oh fuck, what does he want to talk about?

“Go where?” Mikey asked.

“I’ll tell you later. I shouldn’t be long. You’s still gonna be here when I get back?” I asked, standing up.

“Yeah, most likely.” Scarlet nodded.

“Okay. Good.” I said, before turning and walking away.

Mikey and Scarlet shot each other a look as I walked out of the distance.

I walked a bit quicker than usual.

I was, I don’t even know what I was feeling.

I walked slower when I saw Gerard lying by a tree on his own. His hands rested behind his head.

When I finally reached Gerard, he was still lying on his back with his eyes closed.

“You wanted to talk to me?” I said, startling Gerard and causing his to quickly sit up.

I sat down a distance from Gerard and leant my back against a tree.

“Didn’t expect you to get here so quickly.” Gerard said quietly.

“Yeah, I wasn’t really that far. Me, Mikey and Scarlet were just sitting on the start of the oval.” I nodded.

This is going to be some awkward couple of minutes.

“So, what do you want to talk about?” I asked, turning my head and looking at him, only to find he was looking at me as well.

“Umm… Okay, ah, this might be a bit too soon… But, I was uh wondering, if… What does this mean about our friendship?” Gerard stuttered.

I remained quiet and frowned.

“Rach?” Gerard asked, not sure if I heard his words.

“Yeah. I heard ya. I just…” I trailed off.

“Don’t want to be friends with me anymore.” Gerard said disappointingly.

“No. No. It’s not that, it’s just, I don’t know if I can be friends with you at this point in time.” I admitted quietly.

“I see.” Gerard said, hanging his head down.

“Look, I’m sorry Gerard. About everything, and if I could have it any other way, I’d have us back to the way we were, but, I can’t, and we’re just going to have to live with that.” I explained.

It fell awkwardly silent.

“I didn’t intend for any of this to happen Rach.” Gerard said quietly, looking down at his hands in his lap.

“I know you didn’t Gerard. Neither of us did.” I whispered.

“I was such a dick to you, you were right to break up with me. You deserve better than I’ll ever be able to give you.” Gerard said softly.

“You weren’t a dick all the time. Every time I needed you, you were there. If, I didn’t have you, when Dad lashed out at me, who knows what the fuck could’ve happened.” I said quickly.

“But I fucked it up.” Gerard said with tears in his eyes.

“No one fucked anything up. Things happen for a reason, maybe this just wasn’t meant to be.” I sighed.

“If it wasn’t meant to be then how come it all felt so right?” Gerard whispered.

“I don’t know Gerard. And it’s probably something we will never know.” I said kindly.

“I’m sorry.” Gerard whispered.

“Don’t be.” I whispered back.

“I love you Rachel. I always have and always will, don’t ever forget that.” Gerard whispered; looking me straight in the eye and making my eyes glaze over with tears.

“I love you too Gerard. With all my heart, no matter what. Don’t you ever forget that.” I whispered, gently running my hand down his cheek.

I leant forward and gently pressed my lips on his for one final innocent kiss.

It took every urge in my body to not take it further, but I knew I couldn’t. What’s done is done.

I stood up and walked away from Gerard, not daring to give a backwards glance.
Sign up to rate and review this story