Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > A New Start, and A Change of Heart

Whats Love Got To Do With It?

by PatrickStumpLover 1 review

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-01-13 - Updated: 2008-01-14 - 2068 words

1Original
First off let me apologize for my lack of updates... I AM REALLY SORRY!!!!! I was out a computer for a couple of days, it crashed, but it's better now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSWIpx_bSiE It goes along with the beginning.
-------------------------------------
"You must understand though the touch of your hand
Makes my pulse react
That it's only the thrill of boy meeting girl
Opposittes attract
It's physical
Only logical
You must try to ignore that it means more than that

What's love got to do, got to do with it
What's love but a second hand emotion
What's love got to do, got to do with it
Who needs a heart when a heart can be broken

It may seem to you that I'm acting confused
When you're close to me
If a tend to look dazed I've read it someplace
I've got cause to be
There's a name for it
There's a phrase that fits
But whatever the reason you do it for me

What's love got to do, got to do with it
What's love but a second hand emotion
What's love got to do, got to do with it
Who needs a heart when a heart can be broken

I've been taking on a new direction
But I have to say
I've been thinking about my own protection
It scares me to feel this way

What's love got to do, got to do with it
What's love but a sweet old fashioned notion
What's love got to do, got to do with it
Who needs a heart when a heart can be broken."

"I love that song." I say as we made our way to the arena.

Looking through the window I noticed that we're almost there. I recognized the scenery that we drove past, from being at the arena a couple times before for Fall Out Boy shows.

"It's alright, for a Tina Turner song." John states as he comes to a red light.

"How many more minutes?" Zach whines.

"Shut up Zach I already told you, five." John yells at Zach for the thrid time during the car ride.

Let's just say that we resloved some issues, but there are more that we need to reslove. It's a slow start with Zach, but it's progressing. I mean John and Andy no longer want to kill him.

At the last band meeting, a couple of days ago, John and Andy were at Zach's throat. I seriously thought that they were going to hurt him. I had to get in between Andy and Zach. It all started when Andy gave Zach a death glare, and then from there it was all down hill.

"Okay okay, geez calm down I was just asking." Zach reacts.

"Well that was like the fifth time you asked me that same question in the last five freaking minutes!" John yells back at Zach, who now in return, is giving John a death glare.

I can see it through the rearview mirror.

"GUYS," I interject. "Stop it, you're all acting like children, for Pete's sake. CALM DOWN, take a friggin' chill pill." I scream at both of them.

They were really starting to irritate me.

"What did I do?!" Andy says in defense from the back seat.

"Nothing," I say calmly. "I was talking to the two immature babies, John and Zach."

I shot John a look, and then continued to stare out my window. Boy, this was going to be a long car ride, even thought we had less that five minutes left before we arrived there.

A couple of minutes passed without anyone saying anything. I could already tell that this day was going to start out the way that the first day we auditioned had begun.

"Are we there YET?!" Zach screams.

"I already fucking told you Zach NO!" John screams. "Do you see a fucking sign that says arena anywhere?"

Before Zach had a chance to speak i interrupted him.

"Zach stop pissing John off, I know you're only doing it on purpose. GROW UP!" I screamed at Zach as I furiously took my Ipod mini out of my pocket so I wouldn't have to listen to anymore of this bullshit.

I turn it on, finding that I had left it on shuffle. To lazy to change it, the last song ends, and Keith Urban's Raining On Sunday comes on.

I loved this song. It was always reminded me that there is love out there, I just needed to find it.

Every time I listen to it, it always made me wish that I had someone to love, and someone who would love me back.

I was never lucky in love. When all my friends were getting boyfriends, I was getting new books on how to play my bass better. When my friends got their first kisses, I got a new set of bass strings. That's just always the way it was.

I often find myself wondering sometimes thinking why I didn't have a boyfriend in that period of time or why my friends always got boyfriends and I didn't. I guess I was just never really ready to have one, even though I fantasized about it all the time. I guess it was just because I wanted to someone to love me. Not like the love like your family would give you, but the kind of love that gives you butterflies in your stomach and that kind of love that's real, and you can tell it right from the very beginning.

I had always hoped for a boyfriend, but I still didn't have one. And for the longest time, I could never figure out why. Sometimes I still don't even know. I always wanted the kind of love that when you go home you know someone who loves you is waiting for you. And when you get home they're so happy that you're there, and so careful to not let them out of their sight just because they missed you.

Secretly I hoped that Patrick would be that person.

I would like to say that right from the instant I saw him that he was the one that i could spend the rest of my life with, the one that just makes you know love, that it's real and that it exists, but I had never had a boyfriend before, so those feelings had never surfaced. But I can tell you that the moment that he had touched me, I know that there was something there.

I remember that I had always secretly hoped that I would somehow meet Patrick, and we would have an instant connection, something that you can't describe, and that he would like me, and eventually ask me out. But I know that was far fetched. After all, he is seven years older than me, and I imagined all the ways that that relationship couldn't work, even if we did somehow end up meeting each other. But I also imagined all the ways that we would be right for each other, how happy we would make each other did somehow end up meeting each other. But I also imagined all the ways that we would be right for each other, how happy we would make each other because we did have each other.

I have always wanted a kind of like that. I love that you would only find in a fairytale.

(Do you have someone in mind, when reading that?)

Just at the very thought of that, I started to tear up.

I was suddenly brought back to reality.

"Andrea, are you okay?" John asks sounding concerned.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I was just thinking." I say as I wipe away a tear from my cheek.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'm positive." I say as I squeezed John shoulder, letting him know that I'm okay, and that I was ready to see Pete.

Unbuckling myself I notice that John and I are the only ones in the car.

"John, where did Andy and Zach go?"

"I told them to go ahead, you were zoned out for quite awhile." he says. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine." I said trying to sound not so upset.

I know that John can see right through me. He and I are like brother and sister. He can always tell when I'm lying.

"Andrea what were you thinking about?"

"I was thinking about Patrick." I say quietly as put my Ipod back into my pocket, now realizing that it had shut off.

"You really like him don't you?"

"Yeah I really do, I really do."

"You know I knew that, right when I saw you two together the first day you guys met each other. I knew that you would get your chance at loving someone special. And you could tell that you and Patrick feel the same way about each other. I saw the same magic between you and Patrick that Melissa and I have. I'm really happy for you Andrea, you and Patrick really do deserve each other."

By the time that John was done. I was crying harder.

"John, that was so beautiful, thank you so much." I said I was wiping my eyes.

"Since when did you get so good at that kind of lovey- dovey stuff?" I tease.

"Since I realized that you really needed to get laid."

I can tell you right there, that john had the most serious look on his face.

"Wow John, way to ruin the moment." I said, playfully slapping his arm.

"I am so hurt, here I am being a good friend, suggesting that you need to get laid, and you slap me, I am so offended." John said pretending to be upset.

We both let out a little laugh.

"But you do know that I love you right, you are like the sister I have never had."

"Yeah I know, thank you."

"No problem." He said. "You really to go make out dreams come true for real, you really ready to do this?"

"I'm ready."

We both got out of the car and headed for the doors.

When we got into the arena, trying to find Andy and Zach was a major task.

"Where are they?" I question to myself.

We continue walking for a little while, until we hear Pete behind us.

"Guys!"

"Oh hey Pete." John and I both say together.

"Um, Andy and Zach are waiting for you, Andrea are you okay, Andy was saying that you were upset in the car."

"Oh yeah I'm fine." I say as quickly as possible.

"Andrea just saying how much she missed Patrick." John chimed in.

"I'm going to kill you!"

"Her too?" Pete asked.

"Patrick can't shut up about her, no offense, like all day he hasn't stopped, it was really starting to tick me off."

As soon as he said that I started to blush.

"Nah, it's cool though, it's nice to see Patrick like that, all the girls he ever did go out with always ended up hurting him in end, and it really took a toll on him. But I know with you Andrea, it's different. i can tell. I'm really happy for the both of you. You really make Patrick happy."

"Awww Pete, that was so sweet." i said as I hugged him.

"Okay don't get all lovey dovey on me, get it on with Patrick."

I immediately blush at his statement, realizing that that had come out differently than he had meant it.

"I didn't mean it like that."

"I know."

We walked along for a little while before we had reached the backstage area.

"Okay I'm going to get the contracts and stuff, and I'll be right back, feel free to chill with Hemmy." Pete said as he led us to a door, which I'm assuming had the rest our band and the rest of Fall out Boy in it.

I opened the door and the first person I saw was Patrick. I immediately ran up to him.

"Patrick." I whispered as he caught me in his embrace.

"I missed you." He said quietly enough so that I could only hear him.

"I missed you too." I whispered into the crook of his neck.

I could feel his body heat radiating off on me.

It felt so good to be back with Patrick again.
Sign up to rate and review this story