Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7 > Are you sure?

Phone call

by postitnote 0 reviews

Vincent gets a phone call in the middle of the night from a stranger...

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Sephiroth,Vincent Valentine - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-01-14 - Updated: 2008-01-15 - 884 words

0Unrated
A/N: Another random drabble the wormed its way into my mind and wouldn't leave until I wrote out.

DISCLAIMER: I NO OWN.

Enjoy!

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

The PHS rang. A pale, slender hand picked it up.

“Valentine speaking,” mumbled a gruff, sleep filled voice.

A deep, velvety voice spoke on the other line without preamble, “Your pain was literally indescribable. It felt like I was dying. There was just so much pain. Obviously, you and I had something together, and it had run deep. But somehow I had forgotten. At that moment, however, nothing else mattered except you. I would have done anything to make your pain go away. I was drowning... in your pain, your eyes, your tears, your everything.

“‘Don't cry, dear Shiva, don't cry. I do not deserve your tears. I can not breathe. It tears me up inside.’

“This had to be gasped this out. I could not breathe. While saying this, my eyes filled with tears. Somehow, you ended sitting in my lap. I cupped your face with my hands and wiped your tears away with my thumbs. I guided my hands up to your bandana and I slid it off. I put it next to me on the couch, and your hair flowed down around your face.

“‘Sweet Shiva, you're beautiful,’ I whispered.”

At this point, Vincent Valentine was staring at the phone as if the person on the other line could see the incredulous look on his face. Still, the voice kept talking.

“I wiped your face one last time and cupped your face in my hands again. Then I slid one of my hands to the side of your neck. I felt your fingers tangle with my hair, and I looked to see your face merely inches away from my own. My eyes closed slowly as we kissed. I put my other hand on your waist, pulling you closer. Your lips moved against mine, deepening the kiss.

“All of a sudden the door burst open.

“And that's what happened in my dream. I’m going to kill the bastard or bitch that dared ruin my moment with you... in my dream.”

Vincent blinked; he opened his mouth then closed it, unable to find anything to say for a moment. Finally, he spoke.

”I do not know whether to be disturbed or flattered. Though I am leaning more to the disturbed side.”

”Oh don’t be like that, Valentine. You know you like being the center of my attention,” chuckled the voice.

“So, you called me at...” the raven-haired man looked at the clock which read 2 AM, “/two in the morning/ to tell this to me, Sephiroth?”

”Of course,” said the ex-General, his voice suspiciously sounding like he was smirking. “And by the by, I don't think your fish likes me too much. You know how beta fish tend to frill out their gills at their reflections because they believe it is a threat/another male fish? Well, he does that to me quite often. I'm rather offended; not at the fact he sees me as a threat but the fact he possibly sees me as another fish. My humanity has become questionable because of a 4-inch beta fish in a jar on my desk/. Also, your fish implying subtly that I /too am a fish has done unspeakable things to my humanity; sending it to a dark corner of my mind and has caused it to have the audacity to ask me if I'm really human. I reassure my humanity that if I were a fish I would have gills, scales and a tail would exist. Still, my humanity will mock me for good measure of time. In conclusion, your fish, dearest Vincent, is an arse. Now, open the door.”

Vincent sighed, kicked off the sheets and got up. He walked out of his room and went through his living room to open the front door with the phone still next to his ear.

Sephiroth was standing there on the phone grinning sexily at him. The silver-haired man snapped the phone shut and Vincent followed suit more slowly.

”What do you want, Sephiroth?” Vincent asked tiredly, wanting sleep.

”I think you know, Vincent... I want to continue that dream, just without the angst and in person,” Sephiroth replied as he let his eyes travel the length of Vincent’s body, taking in the sight of how Vincent was shirtless and the pajama pants that were dangerously low on Vincent’s hips.

The gunman groaned and thumped his head repeatedly against the doorframe he was leaning on. Why, why/? And /now of all times. Wait, how the hell did Sephiroth have Mr. PoofyCheeks his fish?

A hand reached out and stopped Vincent from abusing his head.

“Don’t do that. You’ll have a bump on that pretty little head of yours that I like so much,” chided the swordsman amusedly, letting himself in and closing the door.

“There is no stopping you, is there?” the raven-haired man asked resignedly.

”No way in hell,” the silver-haired ‘angel’ smiled predatorily.

Vincent was dragged away to his own room. It was going to be a long night and knowing Sephiroth it would be a long morning too. He sighed.
Sign up to rate and review this story