Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > No One Else Comes Close To You and Your Spanish Eyes (Patrick Stump Song-Fic)

You Can't Let Go

by petewentzlover69 0 reviews

It's been a while since I've written anything and I thought I'd fill you in on a little update! Yes I'm back!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-01-16 - Updated: 2008-01-17 - 1096 words

0Unrated
Brit’s POV:

We both woke up later on in the afternoon. I was cuddled into his chest and man, oh man, did he smell good. I didn’t think it was possible for a man to smell that good but damn I was wrong as hell. He was smiling down at me to. It was maybe around 3 and we started talking. We talked about everything from music to most embarrassing moments in our lives.

“So you’re saying you put vanilla yogurt in the freezer hoping to get a type of ice cream?” he asked me. It was embarrassing enough as it was but jeez he wouldn’t let it go.

“Well how was I supposed to know that you shouldn’t put flavored yogurt in the freezer? I was 16 years old and I was home alone with no phone. It wasn’t my fault. That's how I get the nickname Frozen Yogurt!* Come on, let it go!” I pleaded. “Times were hard enough as it is at my house then anyways.” I shouldn’t have brought that up. It was still a touchy subject for me.

“Why? What happened then?” he asked. He sounded really interested. Normally people would go to another subject but no he wanted to hear about it. So I started.

“Well, my uncle Gary was my best friend and he died of cancer.** It was tough then and things went downhill from there. My mom was on her way to pick me up from school and when she got halfway to my school she got a call from my uncle Len that Gary had died. Instead of telling me she drove straight home. When I got there she blamed me that he was dead. Apparently, whenever he saw me it gave him strength to carry on a couple more days. The day I wasn’t there he died. After that I couldn’t face my family. They kept blaming me and telling me though my door knowing I could hear it. I didn’t go to his funeral because I didn’t want to believe he was really gone.

“Two years went by and I finally gave in and knew he wasn’t coming back. I visited his grave and just sat there and cried for hours. Spencer, the one who lives here with me, came and picked me up so I could go to work. I finally admitted to myself and I felt a little better. Then my Uncle Rich’s mom and grandpa died in a house fire. His dad made it out alive though. I was close to them too and realized I had to believe it first thing so I didn’t get depressed again. I went to the funeral for them and it wasn’t as bad as it would’ve been for Gary. After that more shit went down. My sister and I started fighting, my mom started hitting me, and my cousin came down a lot and when she did she would steal all my things. So after 2 years of that I begged Spencer to take me in and I’m finally out of that hell hole. I’m finally free.” By the time I was done I couldn’t stop crying. It just flowed out. I bottled it all in for 4 years and I’m finally letting it out.

It was around midnight when I told him my story and I felt so drained afterwards. I fell back into that state of depression that I was once in but I think Patrick will help me though it. At least I hope he will. I lay back on the bed and closed my eyes, still crying. He held me close to him and I knew he was going to help me through it. I heard a soft voice sing a song to me. I opened my eyes and looked up at Patrick. He was singing a song and I listened closely. The song was my favorite from the Backstreet Boys’ new cd Unbreakable. He looked at me and stopped singing.

“Please don’t stop, Patrick. I really love that song. It’s my favorite from them, other than Love Will Keep You Up All Night.” I slightly smiled and he smiled back at me and started over a little louder.
You Can’t Let Go:

I could see it in your eyes
Broken windows, falling skies
Baby, baby what you hiding from
The light that followed you around
Lately nowhere to be found
Don’t you know that I’m your place to run

Chorus:
You've been holding on so long
Trying to make believe that love is wrong
Not letting it show
And there ain’t nothing you can do
To make me turn away from you
I need you to know…that you can let go

Sifting through the shattered dreams
Living in the inbetween
Baby its gonna be alright
alright, you can let go
We lost, sat down, disappoint, and jerked around in this cold cold world
I will always be by your side

Chorus:
You've been holding on so long
Trying to make believe that love's wrong
Not letting it show
[You Can Let Go lyrics on http://www.metrolyrics.com]

And there ain’t nothing you can do
To make me turn away from you
I need you to know…that you can let go

Don’t be afraid when you’re falling apart
Don’t hesitate I’ll be right where you are
The look in your eyes there's a crack in the dark
You’ve never let me see you cry,
You locked it somewhere deep inside
Baby baby let me hold you tight…
Make it alright

Baby baby gonna be alright,
Cuz I’m by your side when the whole world turns against you
I won’t turn against you
X2
(Yeah, yeah, you can let go)

Chorus:
You been holding on so long
Trying to make me believe that love is wrong
Not letting it show
So you can let go
And there ain’t nothing you can do
To make me turn away from you
I need you to know



*-my sister did this. She put vanilla yogurt in the freezer and we still haven't let her forget it!

**-about 3 years ago my uncle Gary really did die of cancer and that all happened except the moving in the Spencer part. I still live at home and my mom still hits me but I'm getting stronger and soon enough I will move out!
Sign up to rate and review this story