Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You Stole My Heart Gerard Way

A Pending Engagement

by MicVSMoshpit 2 reviews

Could they really be in that serious of a relationship already? She's still married to Gerard.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2008-01-17 - Updated: 2008-01-18 - 1182 words - Complete

-1Cliche
*NOTE TO READERS**

i've gotten a few comments on telling me that they are sad the story is over..IT'S NOT! In fact, there is still a ways to go for those of you who actually want to continue reading this story...but I must say, I am way more pleased with it now that ive changed it... anywho, thanks and keep reviewing, I love to know what you guys think....







Ronnie and I sat at the dinner table, and I noticed that he kept giving me odd glances. Finally, when I asked him what was wrong, he got up from the table without a word. He returned with an envelope and something clenched in his fist.

He slid a small pouch across the table and said, "I can only give you this, if you agree with this." He pushed the large envelope towards me, and he sat back. I studied it, curious of its contents, but I wasn't sure if I was meant to open it.

"Aren't you going to open it?" he asked. I reached out and carefully tore it open. I pulled out a series of papers, and right away I knew what they were. My lip started trembling as I took the small pouch and turned it upside down. The most beautiful ring I had ever seen fell into my palm, and that's when I started crying. I wasn't crying because I was sad, I was crying because I was so confused with the situation. He was asking me to marry him, yet at the same time, he was asking that I divorce Gerard, which I wasn't sure I was ready to do yet. Sure, I had stopped wearing my wedding ring a few days after I left him, but that was upon Ronnies request. I wasn't sure if I was ready to let a big part of my life go. I had done it once, and it hurt so much.

"I know I'm asking a lot, and I understand if you need time to think about it, but you should think about what I have to say, too. Before you, I was a walking cliché. I had the whole drugs, sex and rock and roll thing going on. And I cleaned up, but I don't think I would still be clean today if it wasn't for you. When you live life on the road, these things creep up again. You're my better half, can't you see that? I need you in my life."

"I just need time," I said, grabbing the papers, but leaving the ring. "Just give me time." I went upstairs and sat on the bed, reading through the divorce papers time after time. At one point, I heard the front door shut, Ronnies car start, and then drive away.

I wanted to be with Ronnie, there was no question about that. The past few months with him, I had been happy, and it was easy for me to forget about my problems and my past. But maybe I should confront them. That was when I had an epiphany. If I divorced Gerard, and closed that chapter of my life, then maybe I could get on with my life and be happy, with Ronnie. Without anymore thought, I dug in the nightstand for a pen, and signed away what I had wanted since I was fifteen.

I got my coat and then took a taxi to the nearest notary. I got everything else signed that I needed, and picked up a large envelope. I took it back home, sealed the papers, and wrote Gerards name and address on the outside of it. That was one step done. The next was to hire a divorce attorney, and send him the papers.
x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x

"She's engaged!?" I yelled so loud, even startling myself.

"I don't know for sure, but people at the agency have noticed that she's been wearing a huge rock on her engagement finger. But it could just be nothing."

"Nothing, how could it be nothing? We're still married! How can she be engaged? What are people going to think of me? They still think we're married!"

"Well, that's not entirely true," Mikey said quietly.

"What do you mean?"

"There are reports on the internet that she left you."

"How do they know?"

"They're citing a closed source. Apparently someone interviewed this person, and they revealed that you too were doomed from the start. They even talked about another guy, but they didn't reveal that much."

"Who the fuck would do that?:

"Anyone! That's not the point Gerard. You need to go to LA and find her. Get everything sorted out before the media turns it into something bigger."

"How the hell am I supposed to find her?"

"Call the agency, it'll be a start."

"Can you come with me?"

"No. Alicia is due any day. You'll be fine, just get on it now."

"Fine. Whatever-"

"Gerard, there's one more thing you might want to see." He searched something else on the computer, and a minute later, he had a video on you tube. He pressed play, and immediately I was met with the familiar face of Ronnie Radke.

"Why-"

"Just shut up and watch."

I clenched my fists as Ronnies face flashed across the screen, but that turned out to be the least angering part of the video. About 15 seconds in, Sara appeared, wearing a short waitress outfit, waiting on Rob, the drummer. Not too long after that she had him in a bathroom stall and he was kissing her. In a nurses outfit, she seduced Brian, and a teachers outfit, it was the same routine with Max. But the worst of it all was when she was dressed as a burlesque dancer, and giving Ronnie a lap dance. I didn't get the jist of the music video, something to do with them all getting her back in the end, but that wasn't what mattered. She had changed, in three months, she wasn't the sweet innocent girl I had fallen in love with, but that didn't change how I felt about her, and there was no way in hell I was going to let the best thing of my life slip away.
x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x

Sara and I had resumed our normal routines, neither one of us talking about the proposal. I knew it would take her time to decide, but it was killing me. Finally, half way through the week, just as I was getting her naked, she whispered in my ear, "I'm ready to be yours. I'm sorry you had to wait."

I pulled myself away from her body and watched her. As a little boy, I had always dreamed of finding someone like her. My mother had left me and my dad, so I grew up deprived of the affection of a women, and to have someone like Sara wanting to be with me, there were no words to describe how it felt.

"Of course I'll marry you." And that night we had the best sex since the first time we had done it.
Sign up to rate and review this story