Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > A Friendship To Last A Lifetime

Operation Kara

by checkered_stars 4 reviews

Sorry about the wait peoples.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-01-19 - Updated: 2008-01-20 - 1623 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 68-

I didn’t sleep much that night.

I didn’t know if it was the thousand thoughts circling my brain or if it was that damn frog that crocked loudly and annoyingly every three seconds, making me want to grab the gun and shoot blindly into the darkness until I hit the fucker that kept me up.

I decided to vote with the frog. Only cause I didn’t want to admit the other reason. The reason why I had a thousand thoughts going through my mind at four-thirty in the morning.


When I had emerged from the tent at six twenty five, Scarlet’s brother Dan and his friend Josh, were getting ready to go hunting, seeing all the rabbits and whatnot came out at sunrise.

They were both surprised to see me, but didn’t ask questions.

They soon set off, promising me a shot at the guns later on when they returned.

Scarlet then woke four hours later.


“Well rise and shine sleeping fucking beauty.” I said sarcastically as I watched her lazy still half asleep form tread to our ‘food area’, where I was currently cooking bacon and eggs for breakfast.

“Shut the fuck up.” Scarlet mumbled; walking over to the table with various items sprawled across it.

She grabbed a cup and spooned a couple of teaspoons of sugar and coffee into it.

“I already boiled some water, it’s still hot.” I informed, knowing her next move.

Scarlet mumbled something incoherent as I handed her the still hot metal container of hot water.

She poured the water and stirred, adding a little bit of milk to it.

“Why are you up so early?” Scarlet asked, taking a huge sip from her steaming cup.

“Early? Have you not seen the time?” I asked sarcastically.

“Yes, I have. But, I woke up at eight before falling asleep again and you weren’t there. What’s up? It’s not like you to be up that early, especially on a weekend.” Scarlet explained, sitting on a fold out chair opposite me.

“Nothing. Just couldn’t sleep. That’s all.” I shrugged.

“Any reason why you couldn’t sleep?” Scarlet dug.

“That damn frog! Did you hear it! I wanted to fucking strangle it last night!” I said loudly.

“And is that all?…” Scarlet hinted.

“Yes.” I replied.

“You sure?” Scarlet smirked.

“Yes.” I repeated.

“You know I know you’re lying right?” Scarlet questioned.

“Maybe.” I smiled.

“So, made any rash decisions while you were up all last night tossing and turning?” Scarlet asked casually.

“I did actually.” I said cheerfully.

“You’re going back to Gerard?!” Scarlet asked happily.

“No…” I muttered.

“I planned my revenge for Kara.” I nodded.

“Oh god. Again?” Scarlet sighed.

“What do you mean again?” I asked, hurt.

“Well, you’ve had a few shots at her.” Scarlet implied.

“And I’ve always been dragged away.” I narrowed my eyes.

“Yeah, exactly. Who’s to say it doesn’t happen this time?” Scarlet asked.

“I’m to say. I’ve got it all planned out. This time it’ll work.” I smirked.

“Okay, fine. On one condition.” Scarlet reasoned.

“Yeah?” I hesitated.

“I come with you.” Scarlet said simply.

I looked at her shocked. I didn’t expect to give in that easily, or give in at all.

“You serious?” I asked.

“Yeah. Let’s give the bitch what she really deserves. I’m with ya all the way. I’m here for you no matter what.” Scarlet said seriously.

“Excellent. Well, we better get started. Like I said, I’ve got it all planned out. Get comfortable, and I shall fill you in on Operation Kara.” I said evilly.


Gerard’s P.O.V

“She’s gone camping Gerard, she won’t have any phone reception.” Mikey said in a bored tone as he walked past me.

“How do you know I was going to call her? I have other friends besides her ya know.” I snapped, quickly pocketing my phone.

“Ah, I don’t know. Rachel’s number up on the screen was a dead giveaway.” Mikey said sarcastically.

I cursed and sunk lower in the couch, folding my arms over my chest.

“I win.” Mikey grinned.

“I’m just going over to Lily’s for a while. Shouldn’t be long. I should be back before Mum and Dad get home.” Mikey informed me.

“Yeah, whatever. Go.” I shooed him away.

“I love you Gerard!” Mikey said high-pitched and cheerfully as he opened the door.

I couldn’t help but laugh as he shut the door and I heard him walk away.

I sighed and brought my phone out of my pocket.

Was Mikey just joking when he said that she didn’t have any reception? Or was it a lame excuse and hint that I shouldn’t call her?

Why wouldn’t he want me to call her though? He wanted us to get back together?

I sighed again and flipped it open.

Weekends always seemed boring when you had no one to spend it with.

I typed in Rachel’s number from memory and pressed dial.

I held the phone to my ear and waited nervously for it to ring.

But it didn’t ring. I just got some monotone lady telling me that the number I had dialed was either switched off or out of range.

Damn, Mikey was right.

I silently put my phone in my pocket again and closed my eyes.

I’m going to admit it; I miss her. If she misses me or not, I have no idea. But all I know is that every day it gets harder to live without her.

My eyes flew open as I heard a knock at the door.

I reluctantly got up and walked to the door, not really in the mood for visitors or any type of company.

I regretted getting up immediately as I opened the door and come face to face with an agitated Kara.

“Kara, what are you doing here?” I asked, slightly annoyed.

“I thought we could hang out ya know?” Kara replied, looking down at her feet embarrassed.

“Well, it’s not really a good time.” I said, turning away from her.

“I thought we were still going to be friends Gerard. We were for a while, then you started getting serious with Rachel, and you’ve just kinda forgotten me.” Kara said disappointedly, walking in and closing the door behind her.

“Well, it’s not like you two are the best of friends.” I said dully.

“Doesn’t mean you have to completely shut me off!” Kara snapped.

“I didn’t shut you off! It was kinda hard to hang out with you when I was with Rachel all the time!” I said loudly.

“Exactly! This is my point! You blew me off for Rachel!” Kara said twice as loud as me.

“Well, she was my girlfriend! I wanted to be with her! Besides, why are you getting so defensive about all of this?” I said.

“Because…” Kara said quietly, trailing off and stuttering.

“Because what? What’s your excuse now?” I said sarcastically.

I didn’t get to say anything after that, because I was pinned up against the wall with Kara’s lips hard on mine.

I tried to push her back but she kept kissing me, she wasn’t going to give up.

Sooner or later, I gave in. I kissed her back before I realized what I was doing.

I pushed her back hard when I felt her grip on me loosen.

“What the fuck are you doing?!” I asked hysterically.

“I like you Gerard.” Kara said simply.

“So? Doesn’t mean you can force yourself onto me!” I said loudly.

“You didn’t object to it before!” Kara shot back loudly.

“Umm… I remember a particular ‘Kara get the fuck off of me’ coming to mind.” I said sarcastically.

“But you still kissed back, you still pulled me on top of you, you still moaned for me.” Kara smirked.

“And I regret that.” I said lowly.

“Kara, just leave.” I said dully.

“Why? It’s not like you have anyone waiting for you.” Kara smirked evilly.

“Yeah, and I wonder why!” I spat.

“Hey, you brought this one on yourself.” Kara said, throwing her arms up in the air defensively.

“But you certainly helped me.” I said.

“What’s the big loss anyway? It’s only Rachel, not like the world is ending?” Kara asked.

“To you it might not matter, but it means everything to me.” I said matter-of-factly.

“What Rachel? She’s nothing. You deserve a lot better than she will ever be able to give you. You say something to her, and she fucking snaps. She needs help.” Kara said as the venom dripped from her tongue.

“You’re going to need help if you don’t leave Kara.” I said sternly, stepping towards her.

“Fine, I’ll leave. But just be aware of the mistake you are making.” Kara said lowly.

“The only mistake I made was ever going out with you.” I said, folding my arms over my chest.

Kara looked at me evilly, not knowing what to say in defense.

“See you in school Kara.” I smiled, holding the door open for her, waiting for her to use it.

“You and Rachel both have what you have coming for you.” Kara threatened, walking out quickly and angrily.

“Wouldn’t count on it Kara. Rachel could kick your ass any day. She just hasn’t had the chance yet.” I sang to myself quietly, slamming the door as I walked off and slammed down on the couch again.
Sign up to rate and review this story