Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > IY Drabbles

Shooting Star

by darkelf19 0 reviews

A collection of drabbles written for iyfic_challenge, iyfic_contest, Isswkiwa, and my own amusement

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome - Published: 2006-01-28 - Updated: 2006-01-29 - 268 words

0Unrated
Shooting Star

"I'll never stop trying. No matter how hard, I'll never give up."
"Why is it so important to you?"
"Because, I made a promise - to my father."
"Your father?"
"Hai."
He watched her, stunned. "So, what was this promise?"
She laughed a light, girlish laugh. "I wanted to touch the stars!"
"The stars?"
"Hai. Silly, isn't it?" She laughed again. "When I was young, Father and I used to sit beneath Goshinboku, stargazing. I told him one day I'd fly there and touch the stars." She dropped her head, her voice softening. "He'd smiled at me and told me if that's what I wanted, it'd be difficult. But it'd be enough as long as I kept trying."
He was silent for a long time, standing beside her, staring at the stars.

~*~

"Don't peek Kagome!"
"I won't, I promise," she assured him, hugging his back, allowing herself this one moment of serenity. She sighed inwardly as she felt him stop, slowly sliding from his warm body.
She didn't expect the cold water.
"InuYasha!..." Her angry rebuke died on her tongue as she gazed at the beauty that lay out before her. Thousands of stars reflected back to her, around her. She fixed questioning eyes upon him, noting his slight blush as he took her hands in his, scooping them through the water.
"I can't give you the stars Kagome, but I hope this will be enough."
She gazed at their hands, the water reflecting the stars and their faces - together. Tears stung her eyes. Smiling she leaned up, pressing a soft kiss to his lips. "Arigato InuYasha."
Sign up to rate and review this story