Categories > Cartoons > Xiaolin Showdown > Daughter of Dragons

Daughter of Dragons

by Broadside 0 reviews

Myla has always been an upstanding student, but as graduation nears, she's having second thoughts... [RaixOC, ChasexOC]

Category: Xiaolin Showdown - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Chase Young,Clay,Jack Spicer,Kimiko,Omi,Raimundo - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-01-25 - Updated: 2008-01-26 - 749 words

0Unrated
Author's Note - None of the characters are mine, except for the OC's: Jacklynne Spicer, Reece Pedrosa, Summer Pedrosa and Myla Gray.

-----------

Chapter One - No News is Good News

The young warrior stood upon the field, sword drawn, the hilt firmly grasped in her hand. Her eyes closed as she raised the sword to her face. Rain poured down from the sky, but her concentration was fixed on the task ahead. Lightning lit the training grounds and thunder rumbled in the distance. She remembered what Master Fung had told her, and slowly opened her eyes to stare at the targets. With a swift movement, she threw the sword through the air and nailed the target. The metal hit the wood and sent small splinters flying. Bull’s eye.

“Whoo! All right, Myla!” Kimiko, Raimundo, Clay, and Omi cheered.

“You got a Taurus Face!” Omi smiled.

“ ‘Bull’s eye’,” Raimundo corrected.

Myla walked over and removed the sword from the wood and placed it in her sheathe. “You really think I did good?”

“Dern good,” Clay replied, holding up two thumbs in the air.

“Yes,” Master Fung agreed, “that was one of your better training sessions.” Another bolt of lightning split the sky, followed by a booming crash of thunder. “Come in, my Xiaolin Apprentices. The weather is terrible. Get inside before you all get sick.”

Myla pulled her brunette hair back into a ponytail before wiping the sweat and rain off of her face under the dry porch. If only the rain hadn’t picked up… she could have done more! Well, she had worked long and hard today and was glad Master Fung had called them in. It was time to eat, anyway.

~~~~~~~

Kimiko sat on the top bunk of the bunk bed. She was talking to her best friend Keiko on her cell phone. Myla was on the bottom bunk. She turned over and closed her eyes as Kimiko hung up the phone and stared up at the ceiling. “So, what did Master Fung want to talk to you about?” Kimiko questioned, referring to an earlier event.

Myla closed her eyes tighter and remembered. Master Fung had pulled her aside to discuss a very important matter. It was something that Myla had waited for since she became an apprentice. Myla was graduating to become a Dragon Warrior, which meant she would have to live away from the apprentices and move on from the Xiaolin Temple to protect the world from Wuya’s evil. She hated the thought, but loved the opportunity. “You know how I’ve been here for a while, Kimiko?”

“Yeah, what about it?”

She could feel the lump in her throat getting larger. “Well, I’m graduating soon to become a real Dragon Warrior.”

Kimiko’s sapphire eyes sparkled. “That’s fantastic news!”

“It would be… ”

“What do you mean?” Kimiko asked, coming down from her bunk to look at Myla curiously.

She sighed and looked away. “It means I’m going to be leaving the Xiaolin Temple. Leaving forever and never coming back.”

“What?” Kimiko was shocked. “But… where will you go?”

“Somewhere else… ” Myla shook her head. “I don’t want to leave, but I don’t want to stay either… ”

“This is such an amazing opportunity, Myla, but we’re your best friends.”

Myla could sense the hurt in her friend's voice. “I know… and that’s why you have to keep this a secret. I don’t want to let the others know. They’re going to make such a big deal about it. Besides, I want to spend my last few weeks here with you all and teach you what I know.”

Kimiko was speechless. Myla turned over. “Don’t worry about it, Kim. Just get some sleep.”

Kimiko nodded and climbed the ladder to the top bunk. She crawled under the covers and rested her head on the pink pillow. Kimiko couldn’t believe what had just been told to her. She had known Myla for the longest time; ever since she arrived at the Xiaolin Temple and met her. And now one of her close friends would be leaving… Kimiko turned over and closed her eyes, trying to get some sleep. She wanted to help her best friend, but she feared there could be no solution to this problem. Either Myla would leave and be sad, or stay and be sad. Kimiko could find no answer, so instead she rolled over and went to sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story