Categories > Cartoons > Xiaolin Showdown > Daughter of Dragons

Chapter Four - Crash

by Broadside 0 reviews

Category: Xiaolin Showdown - Rating: G - Genres:  - Characters: Chase Young,Jack Spicer,Katnappe,Wuya - Published: 2008-01-25 - Updated: 2008-01-26 - 795 words

0Unrated
Chapter Four - Crash

She did it. She showed them. She promised not to leave empty-handed and smiled maliciously with the sack of Shen Gong Wu swinging over her shoulder. Being a Heylin Warrior certainly had its perks. She knew she would gain higher respect in Wuya’s eyes after leaving the Xiaolin Monks with nothing but the Serpent’s Tail and the Ring of Nine Dragons.

Jacklynne had just sat down under a tall tree when the sun was rising over the horizon. It was a beautiful sight - the pink clouds in a purple sky, slowly turning orange at the first light of day. It was beautiful. Then she caught something staring down at her from one of the trees. It was dressed in black, just like she was, but moved stealthily until it leapt down and landed in front of her.

“Shen Gong Wu? Purrrrrrfect… ” Katnappé’s eyes lit up with excitement as she reached for the bag. Jacklynne’s arm latched on to hers with an angry glare.

“Who are you?”

“My name is Ashley. Better known as Katnappé. Meow.” She licked her hand, cleaning herself off and Jacklynne gave her a strange look. “And who are you, my feline friend?”

“First, I am not your friend, second, my name is Jacklynne Spicer, and third…” The scarlet-eyed girl slapped her hand away from the sack, “…I’ll give you three seconds to back away from the Wu.” She was now standing up, holding the pack close to her chest, not taking her eyes off Katnappé for a second.

“Fine,” Katnappé replied. She climbed the tree again and was off.

~~~~~~

It was almost sunset by the time Jacklynne continued on her way back to Jack’s house. Obtaining the Wu seemed a far too easy task for her, but then again, maybe she was just getting better at studying the ways of evil… After all, Wuya had always been her role model, ever since her sister had gone off to become a Xiaolin Warrior. She was dead now - all thanks to those stupid monks, and since her death, Heylin seemed to be the way to go. So here Jacklynne was - stealing in Wuya’s name. She finally had the chance to redeem herself, even though the side of evil might not be all it was chalked up to be…

The dark-haired girl made her way past the Jackbots and up the cobblestone pathway. At the door stood Jack’s parents, her aunt and uncle. Mrs. Spicer’s eyes were filled with tears. Mr. Spicer looked solemn as he ushered her inside. “Jacklynne, we need to speak with you.” She could tell something was wrong, just by the way he was acting. It had to be something bad. He lead her into the living room and Mrs. Spicer nearly lost it when they sat down. “Jacklynne, there’s no easy way to tell you this, but… last night, your parents were in a car crash.” Jacklynne felt her heart shatter as she could sense exactly what was coming. “I’m really sorry, honey, but they’re dead. Both of them.” Mr. Spicer’s expression softened when his wife began sobbing again. Jacklynne looked up at Jack, who was standing silently in the door, not saying a single word. Wuya floated next to him, also silent. For a minute it all seemed unreal, almost dreamlike. She felt tears beginning to form in her eyes before she leapt up and darted off. She ran from the Spicer property and didn’t stop until she was far away.


Jacklynne found herself at the edge of a forest. She kicked at a tree furiously before falling to her knees with tears streaming down her face. She never cried like this and was rather ashamed of it. It finally hit her hard. Her parents were gone, her sister was gone - she was alone. Orphaned with no one left. The world seemed cold, frozen.

“What’s the matter?” A new voice purred. Jacklynne looked up, seeing no one. Suddenly a pair of golden eyes emerged from the darkness of the trees.

“Who are you?” She stood up from the ground, feeling insecure and a little bit scared. Everything was happening way too fast.

“A friend.” The reply was soft and seemingly comforting. Suddenly the body emerged from the trees - a tall man with ebony hair and the most amazing eyes Jacklynne had seen in her life. He was dressed in olive and black. “I’ve been watching you for some time, my dear Jacklynne.”

“Who are you?” She repeated, backing up against the tree she had taken her anger out on.

A sly grin passed over the man’s face. “My name is Chase Young.”
Sign up to rate and review this story