Categories > Cartoons > Xiaolin Showdown > Daughter of Dragons

Chapter Three - Family Reunion

by Broadside 0 reviews

Category: Xiaolin Showdown - Rating: G - Genres:  - Characters: Clay,Jack Spicer,Kimiko,Omi,Raimundo,Wuya - Published: 2008-01-25 - Updated: 2008-01-26 - 1083 words

0Unrated
Author's Note - Part three in Daughter of Dragons. XD
**None of the characters are mine, except for the OC's: Jacklynne Spicer, Reece Pedrosa, Summer Pedrosa and Myla Gray

------------

Chapter Three - Family Reunion

She could feel the warm breath on her neck and she knew he was behind her, just waiting for the perfect moment to attack. Not that he was any good at it. With a well-aimed punch, she grabbed the Shroud of Shadows and pushed him into the water. Game over.

Jack Spicer folded his arms and pouted. “And I almost had it!”

Myla stood victoriously holding the Mantis Flipcoin, the Shroud of Shadows and the newly acquired Monsoon Sandals in her arms. Another victory for the Xiaolin Monks.

“In your face, margarine hands!” Omi stuck his tongue out at the red-headed evil genius.

“ ‘Butterfingers’,” came the correction from Kimiko’s mouth. A group congratulations went to the oldest monk for her victory. Wuya insulted Jack a few times before they flew off and the monks headed home.


The Xiaolin Temple sat in a small valley in China, concealed by the mountains. Master Fung was waiting by the main entryway when the Xiaolin Apprentices stepped out of the Silver Manta Ray. “Master Fung, we kicked Jack Spicer’s butt! And we got some Wu!”

“Very good, my young monks,” Fung smiled. He stepped aside to bring two people into view. Raimundo nearly jumped out of his skin. There, in front of him, were two people - a boy and a girl. The boy had blue eyes and the girl’s were green. They both had brown hair like his own.

“Summer, Reece!”

“Raimundo!”

The three fell into a warm embrace, laughing and smiling. The Xiaolin Apprentices watched in curiosity until Raimundo turned and began to explain. “Guys, I’d like you to meet my brother, Reece Pedrosa, and my sister, Summer Pedrosa.” Reece waved and Summer smiled. “Reece, Summer, these are my friends, Omi, Kimiko Tohomiko, Clay Bailey, and Myla Gray.” He turned back to his siblings. “So, why are you here at the Temple?”

“Because Reece and Summer are going to be staying with us for a while. They too will become Dragon Warriors one day, just like Myla is going to be soon,” Master Fung replied, petting Dojo’s head, who sat on his shoulder. “Now, go put the Wu in the vault and then we can get better acquainted.”

~~~~~~

After a distressing loss, Jack entered the Spicer Residence, followed by Wuya, who was firing off insults by the dozen. Trying to block her out, Jack headed down the stairs to the basement where he had his workshop slash evil lair. When he rounded the corner, the red-head fell into a fighting stance upon seeing a girl dressed in black with long brown hair and crimson eyes. “Who are you?”

“Someone that doesn’t concern you.” She didn’t seem at all intimidated, mostly because she knew Jack couldn’t fight if his life depended on it.

“How’d you get past my security system?”

“Easily. Those Jackbots are nothing… I’ve seen tougher flowers.” She walked forward, making Jack inch backwards. “You must be Jack. Remember me?”

“Uh, no.”

“Well you should. I’m your cousin… ” Then she added under her breath, “…unfortunately.”

Jack’s face brightened as he realized exactly who she was. “Jackie!”

She pushed him back so he couldn’t hug her. “It’s Jacklynne. Nothing else. If you call me that again, well, let’s just say you won’t like the consequences.” One of Jacklynne’s eyebrows raised while the other stayed normal.

“Okay, Jacklynne,” Jack gulped, swallowing the lump in his throat.

Wuya floated over and Jacklynne gasped. “You’re Wuya, the greatest evil-doer of all time!”

“I like this one, Jack,” Wuya replied.

“Shut up, you old hag.” Jack folded his arms across his chest. “So, why are you here, Jacklynne?”

“Because, my parents decided to visit yours. Hopefully we will be leaving soon. I’m not looking forward to this stupid trip.” She leaned against the wall and closed her eyes, imagining her own house, her own bed and most importantly, privacy. She kicked something under the table and found the Monkey Staff. “Loading up the Shen Gong Wu, are we? How much do you have?” Jack reluctantly opened an empty closet, filled with dust and cobwebs.

“Clumsy boy keeps losing all of our Wu.” Wuya rolled her yellow eyes, motioning towards Jack.

“Need some help?” Jacklynne inquired, walking forward towards the two. “It would give me something to do… ”

“Yes!” Wuya floated forwards, smiling evilly. “Jack, don’t you see? Jacklynne could be an essential addition to our team! She has some real evil potential… ”

“No. No more girls! I can’t stand their endless chatter over nail polish and the mall.” Jack folded his arms.

“Chicken,” replied Jacklynne. “You know I’ll kick butt better than you. Those Xiaolin freaks won’t know what hit them. But I’m going to decline your offer. I work solo, but I’ll go as far as to work in Wuya’s name.” She began up the steps.

“Where are you going?” Jack asked, watching her walk up the stairs.

“I’m going to steal some Wu back. It’s rightfully ours.” Then she left.

~~~~~~

Night had fallen over the Xiaolin Temple when Jacklynne stepped onto the property. One building sat unguarded - the vault. It was an easy task; especially when there were no guards on watch. What fools! They leave the Wu vault unguarded at night? And I thought Jack was pathetic… Jacklynne pushed the doors open and walked into the room, which doubled as a meditation temple. Suddenly she stopped. There, in front of her, was a girl sitting cross-legged, breathing in the lilac-scented aroma of the candles around her. She looked so calm and peaceful…

“Myla!” Omi’s voice could be heard echoing through the temple and the girl’s eyes opened.

“Be there in a second, Omi!” The brunette-haired girl blew out the candles and tapped the chimes in a rhythmic pattern, causing the vault leading to the Shen Gong Wu to open up before she left. After Myla went to see what Omi wanted, her intention was to come back and have a final look to make sure all of the Wu was secure in its place. Little did she know that by the time she would get back, most would be gone.
Sign up to rate and review this story