Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > IY Drabbles

Sunshine

by darkelf19 0 reviews

A collection of drabbles written for iyfic_challenge, iyfic_contest, Isswkiwa, and my own amusement

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Angst - Characters: Other - Published: 2006-01-28 - Updated: 2006-01-29 - 198 words

0Unrated
Sunshine

He remembered the first time he saw her, her pudgy hands reaching for him, a high squeal piercing his ears. Mother, naturally, 'ooh' and 'awe'ed at the little blood-sucking pest until he was quite sure she'd forgotten he was there. He'd decided then that he hated this new intrusion - this 'sister'. Though he tried his hardest to distance him self from her, she was always there, smiling, giggling, watching him with adoring eyes as bright and warm as sunshine.

It didn't change, as she grew bigger so did her heart. Hugs and kisses, smiles and 'I love you's came in an endless whirlwind of summers. He never paid her any mind. There were, after all, more important things to a teenage boy then a bubbly baby sister.
Then winter came.

Suddenly there were no more smiles, giggles; no more hugs or kisses. No more "I love you nii-san!" Silently he watched her funeral pyre knowing he'd never again hear her shrill voice, feel the warmth of her love. "I'll never forget you Sayuka," he whispered placing the bright yellow flowers she'd loved on her grave, the gray winter horizon stretching before him.

How he missed the sunshine.
Sign up to rate and review this story