Categories > Books > Harry Potter > A Twisted Timeline

Chapter 16: Flashbacks Ahoy

by madnesspersonified 7 reviews

Much to his displeasure, Harry is thrown back through time into his six year old body. As a result, Harry decides to contort the timeline, purely for his own amusement.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2008-01-27 - Updated: 2008-01-30 - 12525 words - Complete

5Original
Warning: Many parts of this chapter are a bit serious and dark when compared to the rest of the quite humorous tone of this story. I feel it is my duty to let you readers know so you don’t get taken by surprise and as the chapter title indicates, many, many flashbacks to the first timeline.

With that said, on with the show.

Chapter Sixteen: Flashbacks Ahoy


The Ministry of Magic personified an atmosphere of chaos for one simple reason. Just the previous day, the Minister of Magic, Millicent Bagnold resigned from her position when her failing health came to the point where she could no longer be out of bed. The truth was that she should have resigned years ago, especially when her health started to fail, as she wasn’t as assertive as she needed to be as Minister and it lead many high ranking officials to take advantage of the situation. Be that as it may many within the Wizarding World suspected that the long running, but rather historically unimportant Minister, would be dead by the time a new Minister was chosen.

Cornelius Oswald Fudge walked down the Ministry corridors with a spring in his step. The voting process would happen shortly, just after noon in fact. Since Crouch was disgraced a few years ago, that left Fudge the odds on favorite to win. For a few anxious months, there was talk of Amelia Bones running for Minister, but she announced that she much preferred her position on the Wizengamot for the time being.

As Fudge moved to his office, assured in the fact that he would soon be moving to a much larger and more spacious office, the door was opened a crack, signaling that someone was inside. Common sense would dictate that Fudge would quietly walk away and contact some Aurors to investigate the intrusion.

However, common sense and Cornelius Fudge were two things that didn’t go hand in hand.

Fudge opened his office door, wand raised high into the air and stepped inside.

There he was, Barone, sitting at his desk, drinking his tea, and eating his crumpets.

“Barone, how did you get in here?” demanded Fudge.

“Front entrance,” remarked Barone calmly. “Other than that, I can’t tell you.”

Fudge turned around and was realized the door was shut, locked tight.

“Alohomora!” cried Fudge but the door remained immobile.

“My schedule has been a bit tight lately, running a vast mafia empire and personally educating the Boy-Who-Lived on who he should trust to avoid being used as a Ministry pawn does take up a substantial amount of time,” continued Barone. “So, I have not been able to have a meeting with you. I do apologize for the short notice, but not much can be helped about that.”

“You’re trespassing on Ministry of Magic properly, I could have you arrested Barone!” yelled Fudge but Barone responded by casually yawning.

“Cornelius, is that really anyway to talk to someone who could ruin your life with just a simple wave of his wand?” asked Barone and Fudge looked absolutely flustered, but before he could speak, Barone continued. “Dumbledore was a lot more important and had a better reputation then you, yet I cut him down to earth. Crouch, same thing, what makes you think I can’t sink you.”

“You had incriminating information on them Barone, you don’t have anything on me,” replied Fudge pompously which caused Barone to raise his eyebrow and adopt an amused smirk.

“I do,” said Barone calmly. “I heard things but it took me a couple of years of work to gather proof of your misdeeds Fudge. From cover ups of the harassment of Ministry officials who hold a different view from you and your pureblood chums, to your deplorable conduct towards some of the lower level female Ministry workers that have been covered up, to taking bribes to help suspected Death Eaters to cover their tracks, the most glaring example would be Lucius Malfoy!”

“There is no way to prove that, all the document copies were destroyed!” screamed Fudge.

“Not all of them, the Department of Records at Gringotts keeps records of everything from the Ministry, no matter how many documents they shred,” said Barone. “When I mentioned your name, Cornelius, the goblins suddenly became unusually cooperative.”

“Bloody goblins,” muttered Fudge in a disgusted voice. “So, what will it cost, Barone?”

Barone looked at Fudge before he broke out into laughter, amused that Fudge would try to buy him off. While Fudge family fortune was above average, it still didn’t compare to the last year’s profit.

“Fudge, try to at least maintain the illusion that you’re not a blithering idiot,” said Barone. “I’m willing to withhold certain information from the masses, if you can swear on your magic that you will do nothing to double cross me or young Harry Potter.”

Fudge opened his mouth but Barone wasn’t finished.

“Oh, and I I want your word that Dolores Umbridge will never be allowed in a high ranking position should you be elected Minister,” added Barone.

“Now, listen here Barone, you can’t just come in here and make demands,” said Fudge.

“I just did,” answered Barone. “Now either swear on your magic or else.”

“No,” said Fudge stubbornly. “You’re bluffing Barone and besides, by the time you print up that information in the Prophet, I’ll be the Minister and able to stop it.”

“What makes you think I haven’t printed it up already?” suggested Barone calmly as he waved his wand and a silvery streak shot underneath the door. “And now it’s sent out and in less than five minutes, it will be in the hands of nearly every witch and wizard in Britain. I can’t say it’s been a pleasure talking to you, Fudge.”

Fudge raised his wand to stun Barone but he blinked in surprise, Barone was gone and now as he thought about it, he wasn’t so sure Barone was in his office in the first place.

“An illusion,” muttered Fudge darkly as his office door swung open and Fudge bolted from it to work damage control. There would be no way that he would be denied becoming Minster of Magic.

Many miles away, hours later, Harry Potter sat in an office of one of his many bases of operation, the ten year old wizard sitting attentively right by the Wizarding wireless, waiting for the announcement of the new Minister of Magic. As he sat, Harry reflected on the last couple of years, ever since that faithful day that he saved Blaise from her mother’s insane plot to change her gender. Adrianna Zabini was currently locked inside Azkaban and the gender changing book was safely back in the possession of Flamel, who by all indications was doing an excellent job as Headmaster of Hogwarts, but Harry would see for himself when he attended school in the next year.

The friendship between himself, Blaise, and Hermione seemed to be a bit odd to say the least. There was a nagging little voice in the back of Harry’s head that said that Hermione only just barely tolerated Blaise for Harry’s sake and still distrusted the girl because of who her father was. There could be no other explanation for how cool Hermione was towards Blaise.

If Blaise noticed Hermione’s attitude to her, the girl didn’t show it one bit. While they only interacted at school, because Harry got the impression reading between the lines from Blaise’s attitude and demeanor when she mentioned her father that he really didn’t trust Harry due to his guardian being Boss Zabini’s most hated business rival. Despite the fact the fact that Zabini knew Barone saved his daughter, the mob rivalry between the two organizations was still extremely heated and there was a lot of unresolved bad blood. So outside of school they could not meet, as Boss Zabini would not trust Blaise to go to Harry’s house or would trust Harry in his home at all.

Harry could only imagine what Boss Zabini would think if he found out that Harry and Barone were one in the same. Harry resolved not to let that little secret out, only the highest ranking members of his organization knew of his dual identity.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, the final count of the voting for Minister of Magic has come in,” announced the voice over the wireless. “Cornelius Oswald Fudge, despite recent allegations printed in the Daily Prophet, managed to finish second in the race to become Minister of Magic. The brand new Minister of Magic, beating Fudge by a margin of twelve percent, is a man who is a veteran of the Auror department and has vowed to take any steps to protect the magical community, Reginald Weaver.”

Harry sat by the radio, secure in the knowledge that his little leak of Ministry information had torpedoed Fudge’s chances of becoming Ministry. Once the scathing letters and howlers rolled into the Ministry, Fudge would have to find answers quick to get himself out of this mess. Granted, it wasn’t as spectacular as Crouch’s destruction but it served its intended purpose in keeping Fudge as far away from the Minister of Magic position as possible.

With Fudge out of the picture, Umbridge wouldn’t have risen up into the Ministry as quickly as she done but Harry wasn’t going to leave anything to chance. The second it looked like Umbridge might attempt to make a pull for more power, she would be the next victim of Harry’s waste management project.

As for the new Minister, Harry really didn’t know all that much about him which was a good thing as if he had been someone who crossed Harry in the past, the Boy-Who-Lived-Twice would have had remembered him vividly. The one bit of information that Harry remember is that Reginald Weaver had finished Auror training the same year as Mad-Eye Moody and was second in his class just underneath Moody.

Someone knocking on his door brought Harry out of his thoughts.

“Come in,” prompted Harry and the door opened, allowing Hermione to enter Harry’s office. “Oh, hello Hermione.”

“Good evening, Harry,” replied Hermione with an eager smile. “Now, last night after your birthday party, you checked my Occlumency and found that I had mastered pretty well.”

“Yes, I remember that, Hermione,” said Harry slowly. “I also told you that I would tell you everything when there was enough time.”

“I remember, but I asked Mum if I could stay over here tonight, and she said yes, so if you would like to, you can tell me what the big secret that you’ve been keeping from me from four years is,” answered Hermione.

“Your mother let you stay over here tonight, at headquarters from my organization,” said Harry slowly.

“Harry, this is the safest building out of the three, but she was a little apprehensive until Uncle Antonio told her that there is no one here but you, Sirius, Remus, and a few security guards,” replied Hermione.

“Yes, true, most of the questionable activity does come out of the other two bases of operation,” admitted Harry calmly. “Still, Hermione, even though your Occlumency holds up fine, I still don’t know if it’s a good idea…”

“Why, don’t you trust me?” questioned Hermione in a slightly hurt voice.

“I trust you Hermione, more than most, but this is a big thing you want me to tell you,” answered Harry.

“I understand Harry and I won’t force you to tell me,” said Hermione in a deflated voice and Harry sighed, he hated when Hermione gave him that look in the old timeline. It made him feel that he was in the wrong, even when he wasn’t.

“Yes, I don’t have to tell you Hermione,” replied Harry before adding in a resigned voice. “But it would be best for you to know, I suppose. Still, Hermione, the information I’m going to give you is rather a lot to take in. If you’re sure, I’m going to tell you everything and I mean everything.”

“There’s nothing you can tell me that would stop me from being your friend Harry,” said Hermione firmly, the ten, nearly eleven, year old girl looking at Harry calmly. “I won’t tell anyone anything, no matter how shocking it is.”

Harry put a silencing charm on the doorway not for anyone to overhear. He took several deep breaths, Hermione had been ready for a few months, but Harry had managed to find little things wrong with her Occlumency to forestall the process. He couldn’t quite predict how this Hermione was react, as she was a bit different in personality, although just as smart.

“Hermione, when I was six years old, an accident from twenty years into the future transported my future self’s memories into my younger body,” said Harry quickly and Hermione’s eyes widened in comprehension. “It was just a couple weeks before I met you for the first time in this reality.”

Hermione just stared at Harry with an unreadable expression on her face and Harry decided it would be best to continue.

“Now, before I tell you what caused the accident, I need to tell you that this all starts with a man named Tom Marvolo Riddle,” continued Harry. “He was born over sixty years ago. His mother, Merope, a witch, had fallen in love with a Muggle named Tom Riddle. This was forbidden love, as Merope’s family, her father and her brother, were notorious Muggle haters and terrorized the Muggles of the village several times, landing them into trouble with the Ministry of Magic. Riddle was a high ranking aristocrat and would not even look twice at a commoner like Merope.”

Hermione sat in front of Harry, listening attentively, but didn’t say a word.

“Once the remaining members of her family were sent to Azkaban for assaulting the same Muggle that she had fell in love with, Merope made her move, tricking Riddle into drinking an extremely powerful love potion and they were married some time later, quite the scandal in the village too,” said Harry. “Merope got cold feet and stopped giving Riddle the love potion, he left her, when she was pregnant with his son.”

“You mean he didn’t stay around for his son!” exclaimed Hermione in an absolutely disgusted tone, breaking her silence.

“I don’t even know if Riddle knew that Merope was pregnant but she stayed alive only long enough for the birth and then she died, leaving her son, Tom Marvolo Riddle, named after both his Muggle father and wizard grandfather at an orphanage,” said Harry. “To make a long story that little orphan boy grew up into one of the most feared, the most dangerous wizards of all time, Lord Voldemort. Most people fear to speak his name, referring to him as only You-Know-Who or He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named but I hold no fear for a name. The wizard behind the name is an entire different matter entirely, he’s both an extremely gifted, powerful, intelligent wizard and certifiable nutcase at the same time. A dangerous combination and he’s ruined my life. For if Lord Voldemort never existed, my parents would still be alive.”

Hermione looked absolutely horrified, Harry had told her that his parents had died when he was really young but he never did tell the circumstances. Murder had never really entered into Hermione’s mind, but then again horrifying concepts like that had only been a recent addition to Hermione’s vocabulary.

“He also tried to kill me,” continued Harry and Hermione gasped in horror. “The scar on my forehead is the proof of that, it creates a connection between myself and Voldemort that won’t be gone until I kill Voldemort or he kills me.”

“Harry, you said he tried to kill you,” said Hermione slowly.

“Yes, I know, and I don’t know, I really don’t,” answered Harry dryly. “He was blasted out of his body when he used the unblockable Killing Curse. Dumbledore seems to think it has something to do with my mother sacrificing herself, some contrived thing involving love, but it just doesn’t make sense. I bet you all the money in the world that throughout history other mothers and their children were in the same situation, but the children were killed as well. So, I’m guessing that Dumbledore was wrong.”

“It wouldn’t be the first time he would have been wrong, he did put you with those horrid people,” remarked Hermione. “Still, Harry, back to the time travel thing, I believe you because honestly, it makes perfect sense but how did you even travel back that far? I’ve read a little bit about time travel and it’s always been detailed as being dangerous to travel back even a few minutes.”

“I didn’t time travel in a conventional manner, my physical body wasn’t sent back, just my older mind and it was never meant to happen,” explained Harry. “I erased everything from the point I was accidentally sent back and started over with a clean slate. To be honest with you, the ending wasn’t exactly that pleasant. Voldemort and his followers, Death Eaters, as they were called, took over everything in Wizarding World. There were a few scattered attempts at resistance, but nearly everyone who opposed him were harshly destroyed or used as slave labor. Eventually the world gave up hope and even I felt it was hopeless a few occasions, but you never let me give up Hermione.”

Hermione looked up; her future self appeared to have been friends with the old Harry.

“You were one of the only people that I trusted with my life, Hermione,” continued Harry. “You stood by me through the best of times and the very worst of times. I know it sounds sappy but even if it was technically your future self, I still want to thank you.”

“I’ll do the best to live up to the standard my future self had,” said Hermione with a smile. “You are my first friend Harry, my only friend.”

“You were killed in the old timeline,” said Harry bluntly. “By one of Voldemort’s most dangerous followers, Bellatrix Lestrange but you didn’t go down without a fight. In retaliation, I slaughtered Bellatrix, and began to concoct a plan that would end Voldemort once and for all. I created a potion that would turn my magic into a high level explosive charge that would leave nothing standing. Unfortunately, the prophecy got in the way and all it managed to wipe out was twenty years of history, before I regained my senses in my six year old body. The realization that I had to live the entire life all over again coming to me but I wasn’t going to live a replay of my old life. I would create a new timeline that had a different ending that did not result in me having to create a desperate, suicidal, plan.”

Harry took a deep breath.

“I told you exactly how the original timeline began and ended, now everything in between,” continued Harry.

Without further ado, Harry told Hermione of his first five years of Hogwarts, the major highlights and the lowlights. Hermione listened it all, making no sound other than the occasional gasp and Harry could tell that Hermione was absolutely horrified at some of the things that Harry had to encounter during the first five years, at such a young age. He had lived a full life in just five years, but the worst and strangest was yet to come.

“Sirius died on that day, and I was very nearly pushed towards the breaking point,” concluded Harry. “Of course, he just had to tell me the prophecy involving me and Voldemort.”

“That’s the reason why he attacked you, all over a prophecy,” said Hermione.

“Yes, I never held any belief in fortune telling, it sounded rather dodgy, but the fact that Voldemort believed it caused all this,” remarked Harry. “Voldemort may be one of the most feared wizards in the world, his skills and intelligence high above nearly all, but since Voldemort learned part of the prophecy, I also came to the conclusion that he was paranoid. There could be no other logical reason of why he attacked an infant.”

“Yes, but what is the prophecy?” asked Hermione, who had an idea based on context clues that Harry dropped when he had been telling her about the first five years at Hogwarts.

“Either Voldemort is killed by me, or the world is doomed,” replied Harry and Hermione gasped, her eyes widened in horror. “I’m the only one who can kill him.”

“But is he the only one who could kill you?” wondered Hermione and Harry stopped, before he nodded.

“Based on the accidental time travel, it seems to me that Voldemort can only kill me, I can’t even kill myself,” said Harry. “Not that I want to put that theory to the test anytime soon in case I’m wrong.”

“So, that’s your fifth year, which means about eleven years before you were sent back in time,” prompted Hermione.

“Give or take a few months, yeah, but the worst is yet to come,” said Harry. “Now the rest of what I need to tell you will be assorted memories, visually accurate and extremely graphic, viewed through a magical device called a pensieve. A device that allows a person to relieve their own memories with pin point accuracy, sometimes they are a bit too vivid for my taste and my memories are not for the weak of heart. If you think you can handle that…”

“Harry, I told you I want to see anything,” said Hermione in a firm voice, but there was a tiny bit of apprehension in her voice

“Are you sure, Hermione?” questioned Harry and Hermione nodded her head quickly, which allowed Harry to pull out the pensieve, before he pulled open the stone top. “Okay, Hermione, just lean forward when I do and it will submerge yourself in my memories.”

Hermione and Harry both leaned forward, before the world swirled around them.

It was fifth year, just a little less than a week after Harry had found out the contents of the prophecy. He sat with his legs crossed, his eyes shut, deep in thought, reflecting on the past five years, what he should have done differently, wondering who he could really trust.

“Potter!” yelled a voice and Harry opened his eyes, before he rose to his feet, as he saw Draco Malfoy, along with Crabbe and Goyle, standing by Malfoy’s side as usual.

“Yes, what do you want?” asked Harry in a forced calm voice, but his mind was elsewhere.

“I’m just wondering what’s up with you lately Potter, you look like someone killed your dog,” remarked Draco casually before his eyes snapped up. “Oh wait, Aunt Bellatrix did do that to your mangy mutt of a godfather. If you ask me, the blood traitor had it coming a long time ago but I wouldn’t worry, you’ll be joining him soon”

Harry’s right eye twitched, but he stared Draco right in the eyes.

“Tell me Draco, how is your father lately?” asked Harry. “I hear Azkaban is lovely this time of the year.”

“You have no right to talk about my father, Potter,” said Malfoy as he raised his wand threateningly at Harry but Harry didn’t step back, in fact he looked amused in a twisted manner.

“Do it, Malfoy,” said Harry. “Curse me, but you better hope I won’t get up.”

Draco refused to take the bait but Harry blasted the Malfoy heir backwards with a banishing spell. Crabbe and Goyle looked at each other stupidly.

“STUPEFY, STUPEFY!” shouted Harry and they were struck down, before Harry was right over Malfoy with quick reflexes and wrapped held his hands over his throat, preparing to strangle him at a moment’s notice. “Give me one good reason why I shouldn’t remove your head from your shoulders.”

“You don’t have the guts to kill me Potter,” hissed Malfoy but a deadly jet of light barely missed Draco’s face, incinerating a patch of grass.

“Mr. Potter, what on earth are you doing?” demanded a cold voice and Harry turned around slightly to see Professor Snape.

“I’m going to do the Wizarding World a favor and kill Malfoy,” replied Harry in a calm voice.

“Away from him, Potter, now!” snapped Snape and Harry pushed Draco to the ground roughly.

“Snape won’t be here to save you all the time, Malfoy,” said Harry coldly and Draco backed off slightly, obviously not wanting to retort in the presence of a teacher, even if it was the biased head of the Slytherin house.

“Potter…” started Snape.

“Let me guess, Professor Snape,” interrupted Harry before he launched into a completely accurate, if a bit whiny, impression of Snape. “Detention, Potter, or maybe fifty points from Gryffindor.”

Harry looked at Snape as if daring him to do his worst and sure enough, Snape made a grab for Harry but instinctively, Harry blasted Snape backwards. He flew up into the air before he crashed down to the ground and looked up at Harry with disdain.

“I’ll have you expelled for this, Potter,” said Snape in his most dangerous voice, the one that caused many students over the years to wet themselves but Harry just responded with a look of amusement. “Might I ask what you find so amusing about the possibility of you being expelled?”

“Dumbledore wouldn’t let me be expelled, he needs me a lot more then I need him,” said Harry calmly and Snape’s eyes narrowed, before he quickly turned away, not wanting to look at Harry.

“Fine Potter, I’ll let you off with a warning, now get out of my sight before I change my mind,” said Snape coolly and Harry gave him a mocking short bow, before he walked towards the school.

“Harry, there you are, I’ve been looking all over for you,” said Hermione.

“Hello, Hermione, I’m glad to see you out of the Hospital Wing,” replied Harry. “Are you feeling better?”

“Yes loads, only light scarring now from that dreadful curse Dolohov used on me,” answered Hermione. “I was out for a couple of hours, but Ron and Ginny told me that you’ve been avoiding everyone over the last week and even they’ve barely seen you.”

“Yes, I can’t say I’ve been too talkative, the only person I’ve really talked to since I left Dumbledore’s office was Luna,” said Harry.

“Why her?” asked Hermione.

“Hermione, Luna lost her mother when she was nine due to an experimental spell gone wrong, she understands better than most what it’s like to lose someone” explained Harry. “Luna saw her mother die right before her eyes, much like I did Sirius. Sirius represented my last chance to have a real family and now it’s gone.”

Harry’s voice held an extremely bitter edge and Hermione looked as if she didn’t want to press the issue.

“Luna does have a different approach to the way she looks at life than you do, Hermione, but she’s still extremely smart and understanding, like you” continued Harry. “I don’t know what it is, but she seems to understand me and I would prefer you don’t make comments under your breath deriding her eccentric beliefs.”

“I understand you Harry, especially more so of the past couple of years,” said Hermione.

“Hermione, you don’t have to explain yourself, I know, you’ve proven yourself to be a loyal friend, who has always looked out for me,” replied Harry. “I trust you with my life but still, I need to know something.”

“What do you want to know Harry?” asked Hermione.

“If you had to choose between standing by me or following Dumbledore’s word, even if it meant abandoning me, what would you choose?” questioned Harry and Hermione was taken aback by that question, but she had no hesitation in her voice.

“I’ve been through a lot with you Harry,” responded Hermione. “I’ll stand by you, no matter what, I would rather die than betray you, even if Professor Dumbledore told me to.”

“Then, follow me to the Room of Requirement, I need to tell you something important that I can’t afford anyone else to overhear,” muttered Harry and Hermione nodded.


Hermione and Harry viewed their older selves appearing in the Room of Requirement, both with serious looks on their faces.

“I can’t believe Professor Dumbledore would keep that from you, if you would have known five years ago...” started Hermione.

“I know,” said Harry. “I would have started preparing for Voldemort, learning every bit of magic I could but what I know now isn’t going to defeat Voldemort. Stunners, full body binds, and other such curses might help allow a quick getaway against your average Death Eaters, but against Voldemort, he would roll right over me.”

“What can you do?” asked Hermione. “Why does it have to be this way, Harry, it doesn’t look like you can defeat him unless…”

“Everyone will look at it the wrong way, Hermione, they think I’m turning evil if I’m even caught reading up on the dark arts,” interjected Harry. “Yet, regular magic isn’t going to defeat Voldemort, and if die, everyone’s doomed.”

“Harry, I can’t believe I’m encouraging you to do this, if you asked me a year ago if you should begin studying darker magic, I would be absolutely horrified, but now…” stammered Hermione before she sighed. “You really have no other option but Harry, you realize that most people can’t separate dark and evil in their mind.”

“Is dark magic necessarily evil if I use it to defeat Voldemort?” wondered Harry out loud and Hermione shook her head definitely.

“I don’t think it is, but than most others would,” said Hermione. “Those who have the viewpoint that dark equals evil hammered into their heads at birth may have a problem with you doing what is necessary and let’s not forget the Ministry of Magic would do anything to save face after you made a fool out of them regarding Voldemort. They’d use even the slightest hint that you’re studying the dark arts, they would find a way to lock you inside Azkaban until you’re worn down enough so they can remold you into a mindless weapon.”

Harry sat there, his mouth opened in astonishment that Hermione would say something like that.

“Come on, Harry, after dealing with Umbridge for the past year, I wouldn’t put anything like that past the Ministry,” said Hermione and Harry nodded in agreement.

“Yes, considering that fact, it might be best to watch my step and not let anyone find out about this,” replied Harry. “I know I can trust you, I’m pretty sure I can trust Luna with anything, and Neville looks to be that way to. Lupin, maybe, but he does have a bit of loyalty towards Dumbledore for giving him the Defense Against the Dark Arts job when he had not been given a job and I don’t want to leave anything to chance.”

Harry remained silent.

“You don’t trust Ron and Ginny?” prompted Hermione.

“I’d like to think I can trust them but I can’t run the risk of Mrs. Weasley finding out from them and going right to Dumbledore, because she’s concerned about my welfare,” answered Harry. “Still, Hermione, we’ll keep it between us for now, as I still need to work out a way to get my hands on more questionable texts.”

“You have the entire summer to figure something out Harry,” said Hermione. “I’ll find a way to contact you if I think of something, in fact, I still have your phone number somewhere.”

“I just hope Uncle Vernon doesn’t answer the phone this time like he did with Ron,” replied Harry.

“If I do, I’ll call during the day when he’s likely to have been at work,” said Hermione.


That particular memory faded out and slowly faded out towards the driveway of Number Four Privet Drive, just after the Order of the Phoenix gave their warning to The Dursleys just after Harry left the train after his fifth year.

“How dare those freaks tell me how I deal with you, boy?” demanded Uncle Vernon but Harry held his hand up.

“Vernon, those freaks, as you so eloquently put it, are close by monitoring everything, so mind your tongue at least until we get inside,” hissed Harry and Vernon seemed to be holding back in belting Harry right across the face.

“Vernon, we better listen to the boy,” said Petunia and Vernon just grunted, before he lead his wife inside, with Harry and Dudley following behind.

Vernon quickly turned to Harry, but Harry just stood in front of Vernon, with a calm smirk.

“If it makes you better, take another crack at beating it out of me, Vernon,” taunted Harry. “But before you do, I do wonder if Dumbledore even bothered to explain why I was left here in the first place.”

“No, he never bothered, he just said we needed to keep you or they’re will be consequences,” said Petunia. “If it was up to me, I would dumped you in a back alley where your kind belongs.”

“Boy, it seems to me like that you know why you were left here,” said Vernon.

“Indeed and why Voldemort killed my parents in the first place,” retorted Harry. “Basically, someone made a prophecy that said Voldemort’s greatest threat would be born at the end of July, someone who would be his equal in power. Voldemort heard the prophecy and attacked my parents, a magical backlash when he attempted to kill me wiped out, and I ended up here.”

“Of all the rubbish things, this Moldiwart or whatever this Dark Lord freak’s name is, believed some kook of a fortune teller!” thundered Vernon. “It just goes to show you that your entire kind should be burnt at the stake and…”

“Why did Dumbledore send you here of all places?” demanded Petunia, as she cut her husband off in mid rant. “Surely, another freak family would gladly take you in, after all, you defeated the most powerful dark wizard in some time. They would gladly call you their son and our family wouldn’t be burdened by your unnaturalness.”

“What did Dumbledore tell you?” asked Harry.

“He said we were obligated to take you in for your own safety and he would know if we attempted to get rid of you,” responded Petunia. “There would be consequences if we did and I grudgingly agreed to take you again, against my better judgment.”

“I wanted nothing to do with it, I suggested that we drop you off and have our names changed, before moving out of the country,” chimed in Vernon.

“They would have still found us, Vernon,” argued Petunia before she turned to Harry. “Never mind that, what was the reason that Dumbledore told you that you were left here?”

“Dumbledore told me that my mother’s sacrifice created blood wards around the house and that as long as I called this place home, they would remain up and no one who meant me any harm could come onto the property,” said Harry.

“Yes, did Dumbledore ever once consider the fact that Voldemort taking blood from you might have invalidated those so called wards?” questioned Petunia and Harry did a double take.

“Aunt Petunia, exactly how did you know about that?” asked Harry.

“Every time you’ve gotten into one of your little misadventures at that school, Dumbledore’s sent me a letter,” answered Petunia and even Vernon looked a bit astonished at this. “During that particular letter, he reinforced the need that I need to allow you to stay here, no matter why. I wouldn’t have read them, if I didn’t fear that some freak might show up here and questioned me about the contents. I want to be prepared and I learned more about your time at that freak school than I ever cared to know.”

“Dumbledore’s leaving everything up to chance, he’s operating under the hope that Voldemort thinks there are better protections where I live,” muttered Harry.

“Well if you ask me, boy, all of your kind are cracked in the head!” yelled Vernon. “This Voldermort bloke or whatever that freak is called, could show up in the middle of the night and kill us all in our sleep, just because some crackpot of a Headmaster decided to take a chance. And another thing, where’s your Ministry of Magic in all of this? If you were threatened by a dangerous fugitive in the normal world, our government would offer around the clock protection.”

“From what I hear, they’re in disarray,” said Harry. “They spent an entire year pretending that Voldemort didn’t come back, until their hands were forced.”

“Crackpots, the whole lot of them!” yelled Vernon. “They deserve there world to be wiped that Lord Moldydick guy, it would serve them right and I have half the mind to kick you out right now.”

“Yes, I’d like to see you try, Vernon,” said Harry and Vernon raised his fist in mid air but in a second, Vernon was blasted backwards, nearly rattling the entire house.

“What did you do to him?” screeched Petunia as she stepped forward but seemed to be unable to move.

“I’ve been people push me around for too long, it’s time that I started pushing back,” said Harry. “The Harry Potter the world has known is long dead, the loveable Gryffindor golden boy who was the bastion of all things good and also a naïve little nitwit might as well have died that night in the Department of Mysteries as well.”

In an instant, Vernon and Petunia were in shackles, unable to move.

“You can’t just use magic on us, they’ll expel you,” replied Petunia in a horrified voice.

“The Ministry can only track magic from my wand,” said Harry. “Not once have I used my wand today.”

“Let us out freak or I’ll beat you within an inch of your life!” demanded Vernon.

“The thing about wandless magic that it’s impossible unless you have an extraordinary amount of willpower and as someone who has thrown off the Imperius Curse and possession of Voldemort, I have that willpower,” lectured Harry. “We’re taught that it’s a myth, because quite frankly, they want us to depend on their wands, because they can easily monitor what magic we do that way.”

“Please let my parents go, Harry,” pleaded Dudley, speaking up for the first time and he sounded legitimately horrified.

“I’m not a child you can just stuff in a cupboard and forget about anymore,” continued Harry, as he laid his wand down on the table, before he turned to the Dursleys, the full intent to put them under a mild Confundus spell. “You will forget everything I have told you today, you will not acknowledge my existence at any time other than meals or if one of my kind asks you about me.”

“We will forget everything you have told us today, we will not acknowledge your existence at any time other than meals or when one of your kind asks about you,” chorused the Dursleys and Harry turned to Dudley.

“I sure hope I don’t have to make sure you fall in line, Big D,” remarked Harry.

“No of course not Harry, we’re cool,” stammered Dudley. “I’ll stay out of your way and you stay out of mine, the best way to do things, wouldn’t you say?”

“Could there actually be a brain lurking between those ears, Dud?” muttered Harry as he unshackled Vernon and Petunia, before he went along on his merry way.


Harry’s memories faded again and Harry chanced a look at Hermione before they switched over. His friend gave an approving nod at the fact that the Dursleys were taught a lesson, even if it was just only a small one. The real revenge was to come the second time around.

Harry had all of his books over the first five years of Hogwarts textbooks, taking notes of things that he might be useful to brush up on and also giving some thought on how some of the spells could be used to injure Death Eaters.

A soft pop echoed through Harry’s room and a very familiar face appeared in front of Harry.

“Kreacher,” said Harry darkly, as he surveyed the house elf with a neutral expression, bordering on slight hatred for the role he played in Sirius’s death.

“Young master, Kreacher is here to bring a message, despite the fact that he much rather be the elf of Mistress Bella or Mistress Cissy” declared Kreacher with a bow. “But, it is Kreacher’s sworn duty to let Master Harry Potter know that he has inherited the Most Noble and Ancient House of Black after the premature demise of the blood traitor son of Kreacher’s dear Mistress.”

Kreacher paused, but Harry nodded, giving Kreacher the office to continue.

“The head of the blood traitors, half bloods, and misfits, wanted to delay young master from finding out this information, as he wanted to sweep the house to get rid of anything that he would believe would sway Master Harry Potter from the path that he intended,” continued Kreacher.

“I see,” said Harry. “Kreacher, there wouldn’t happen to be any books that might be considered to be questionable by Dumbledore, would there be?”

“The blood traitor matron and her brat cleared out over half of the books, but Mistress was clever, she hid a good portion of her books, only telling Kreacher,” answered the house elf. “Does Master Harry intend to deviate from the path set by the blood traitor Headmaster?”

“You are to bring me the books Kreacher and you will tell no one that I have them or they’ve been moved, don’t even hint about that you know of any other books other than the one’s that they’ve already found,” ordered Harry and Kreacher felt compelled to agree.


The scene shifted to the Hogwarts Express just before Harry’s sixth year at Hogwarts.

“Harry, how are you holding up after what happened?” asked a calm voice and Harry looked up, as he saw Luna Lovegood enter the train compartment, with Neville Longbottom following close behind.

“I’m doing as well as could be expected, thanks,” remarked Harry.

“The pain never does go away Harry,” said Luna. “It only gets worse when you shove it to the backburner.”

Neville seemed rather quiet for a minute, before he leaned forward.

“She’s ruined both of our lives Harry,” muttered Neville.

“I know, she’ll get hers in the end,” replied Harry. “Sirius got cleared a few weeks after his death, when new evidence came to life, presented by Albus Dumbledore. I just wish he would have been alive to see his freedom.”

“In a perfect world he would have,” said Luna wisely.

“This is not a perfect world, Luna, far from it,” said Harry darkly and Luna nodded in agreement.

“Sadly yes, I just wish Dumbledore would have found out this evidence sooner,” replied Harry bitterly.

“It’s not like the Ministry would have listened anyway,” answered Luna.

“They never listen, but they aren’t the problem, hell they are the only the third worst element that is causing problems in my life,” said Harry.

“One would think Voldemort would be the worst but judging from your tone regarding Professor Dumbledore, you’re not his biggest fan,” said Luna and Harry nodded. “I’m sure you have your reasons Harry, I’ve always thought something was a bit off about Dumbledore at any rate.”

“There never used to be, Dumbledore used to be a great wizard, at least that’s what Gran told me,” chimed in Neville.

“Dumbledore is a great wizard,” replied Harry. “No question about that, but I’m not so certain I could trust him anymore, especially after last year.”

“Who can you trust anymore, Harry?” inquired Luna.

“I’ve been asking that question, there are few people that I know I can trust and two of them are sitting in this room,” said Harry. “You two proved that when you went with me to the Department of Mysteries, when you weren’t obligated to.”

“We would have done it again, Harry,” replied Neville firmly and Luna just smiled at Harry, reassuring him of the same thing without words.

“I’m surprised not to see Ginny sitting in here with you, from what I’ve heard she’s not a prefect so she doesn’t have other duties like Ronald or Hermione,” said Luna unexpectedly.

“Oh, she went off with Dean Thomas, they’re dating apparently,” replied Harry.

“You do know she’s trying to make you jealous Harry,” said Luna.

“Of what?” asked Harry in a confused voice.

“Well she still likes you I suspect, so she’s using other boys to make you notice her,” explained Luna bluntly. “It’s the oldest trick in the book and indeed, one of the cheapest, used often by people who aren’t all that open minded and willing to think outside the box.”

“She’s wasting her time, if you ask me, for one, she only been able to talk to me coherently last year and secondly, I can’t look past that crush she had on the Boy-Who-Lived before she even met the real me,” said Harry. “I’m sure Ginny’s a nice enough person, but it’s not like I really know her all that well and besides, if she is dating other people to make me jealous, than I’ll be even less inclined to like her as anything other than a friend. Still, if I ever date someone again and I’m not really in too much of a hurry after my doomed romance with Cho last year, it will be someone who can look past this.”

Harry significantly tapped the lightning bolt scar on his head.

“People have a tough time looking past the fame to the person within, the true face of Harry, they think of you as a hero, someone who is what fairy tales are made of,” said Luna. “Granted, I’ve heard the stories, but I never really paid too much attention until we became friends last year and I got to know a bit about the real Harry Potter.”

“Yeah the only difference between me and every other teenager in the world is that I’ve got a psychotic dark lord who wants to kill me,” replied Harry darkly. “Still, it’s not gong to end until one of us is dead.”

“There really is no other way, is there?” asked Neville.

“No, and maybe someday I’ll tell you why,” said Harry. “Not today.”

“Yes, it may be difficult to explain to others when everything is not is not even clear to you Harry,” said Luna. “Perhaps this year will be one that will give some answers.”

“I just have this feeling that those answers will raise more questions,” concluded Harry. “Still this year can’t be any worse than last year.”


Harry’s memories faded into the Gryffindor Common Room.

“How are we viewing this if you aren’t there?” whispered Hermione. “You would think you couldn’t remember…”

“I’m under the Invisibility Cloak, I’m reading and don’t want to get bothered” said Harry. “It works even in cloaking people in memories but let us listen to this memory, because it’s both rather important.”

Two red haired teenagers walked around the Gryffindor Common Room in the early hours of the morning.

“Ron, I don’t think there’s anyone here,” muttered Ginny but Ron looked from side to side.

“You can never be too careful,” replied Ron. “If Harry finds out…”

“He can’t find out,” said Ginny sadly. “Do you really think he might turn dark?”

“Mum told me that Dumbledore thinks it’s a possibility, after what happened to Sirius,” answered Ron. “Harry’s been a bit different this year, a bit colder, a bit more distant.”

“Yes, he is, he didn’t even react when I told him that I was going off with Dean,” said Ginny. “He quit the Quidditch team too this year, saying that he need to prepare but he never really told me what.”

“It’s You-Know-Who that’s gotten Harry all rattled, and Dumbledore’s afraid that in his obsession to stop him, Harry will turn away from us,” said Ron remorsefully. “Still, if he marries into a family who would never go dark, then they can keep an eye on him, make sure he doesn’t go over the edge and that’s where you come in Ginny.”

“Ron, I told you, no matter how hard I try, Harry hasn’t shown the slightest bit of interest in me,” hissed Ginny under her breath. “I hate to admit it, but he is a lot more comfortable with Hermione and even Luna. I don’t understand it, they were never possessed by You-Know-Who, what could Harry have in common with them?”

“Harry has been a bit of an idiot, but Mum gave me something that she told me should only be used as a last case scenario,” responded Ron. “I had a few doubts, considering how well Harry was able to throw off the Imperius Curse, but it was brewed by Dumbledore himself, so it has to work.”

“What is it?” inquired Ginny.

“A love potion, an extremely powerful one, if you give it to him, he’ll be madly in love with you,” explained Ron.

“Yes, Ron, I’m well aware of what a love potion does,” answered Ginny dryly. “And I really don’t think it’s a good idea....”

“It’s perfect Ginny, Harry doesn’t turn dark, he’ll eventually marry into the family, and since you’ve always liked him, everyone wins,” said Ron.

“Yes and if something goes wrong with Harry finding out, I blow any chance that I would have with him, so now do you understand why this isn’t a good idea?” asked Ginny.

“C’mon Ginny, this plan is fool proof, Harry doesn’t know what he wants, we need to help him, unless you want him to live in misery the rest of his life,” argued Ron.

“No, I want Harry to be happy and it’s what I’ve always dreamed about since I first heard his story,” said Ginny. “I just wish there was another way.”

“Believe me Ginny, I do too,” answered Ron, who looked proud. In his mind, he was doing both his best mate and little sister a huge favor with the help of Dumbledore and his mother. “But, Dumbledore doesn’t think there’s any other way we can help Harry, so this is what has to be done.”


Harry’s memories flashed forward one day.

At breakfast that day, Ginny edged towards Harry, slowly, the vial that Ron gave her concealed up her sleeve and looked over at his drink before she prepared to make her move when she thought Harry was looking.

In an instant, Harry’s hand had shot out, grabbing Ginny’s wrist, catching the fifth year girl by surprise.

“Morning, Ginny,” said Harry casually. “Fancy meeting you here, don’t you usually sit over somewhere else?”

“Hi, Harry,” answered Ginny as she paled when she saw Harry was staring directly at the vial in her hand. “Look Harry I can explain…”

“What, the fact that you tried to slip me a love potion in my drink?” asked Harry calmly. “Don’t bother I…”

“Ginny Weasley, how dare you attempt to try a low and underhanded tactic like that!” yelled Hermione as she leaned in forward, glaring angrily at Ginny. “There better be a good explanation for this, because this is a new low. Even I didn’t think you were this obsessed with Harry…”

“I’m not,” said Ginny who looked absolutely terrified she was caught but Harry wouldn’t let her go. “Okay, the truth is Harry, you need someone who understands what it’s like to have him messing with your head and I really am only looking out what’s best for you.”

“What’s best for me Ginny?” asked Harry calmly. “You think you have any right to say what’s best for me when you still can’t look past that accursed mark on my forehead.”

“Please Harry, I shouldn’t have tried to do that, it’s just it was for your own good, I can make you happy if you just give me a chance,” stammered Ginny.

“What is this about Ginny, the fame, the money?” asked Hermione coldly.

“No, nothing like that, I just want Harry, he’s too good for anyone else and he saved me in the Chamber of Secrets, I love him, I know he feels the same way, he’s just confused about how to express it,” said Ginny quickly. “I just decided to be a good friend and give him help, point his emotions in the right direction.”

“What’s going on here?” asked Ron who was late for breakfast.

“Your sister is trying to force-feed Harry a love potion,” said Hermione.

“Ginny, how dare you?” demanded Ron in overdone outrage, that seemed so over the top that even a five year old go see through it. “Just image what Mum would say, you attempting to drug Harry under his own will, you’ll be some sort of scarlet woman.”

“Oh save it Ron!” snapped Ginny angrily. “You’re the one who talked me into doing it against my better judgment.”

“Ron, is this true?” whispered Hermione, who looked shocked and absolutely appalled that Ron would talk his sister into doing such a thing.

“Yes,” replied Ron. “Harry, listen to me mate, I don’t see what you’d have to lose, Ginny wasn’t going to use you for anything like the others would have, she’s just concerned and quite frankly I am too.”

Harry stared at Ron, wondering if he had always been this thick.

“Mate, are you there?” asked Ron. “We’re just concerned, you might be tempted to…”

“Leave me alone,” replied Harry. “You chose to believe him without even talking to me, shows what kind of friend you are, Ronald Weasley. We’re done!”

Ron looked utterly bewildered at what Harry was talking about as he turned his back on Ron, pretending he didn’t exist but Hermione looked at Ron, never had she been more angry in her life.

“Ron, I can’t believe you, the fact you played a part in doing that to Harry,” said Hermione, as she held her wand out angrily.

“So, you’re going to take Harry’s side over mine,” replied Ron, his temper rising.

“Yes, at least I know enough that Harry doesn’t like people attempting to make his decisions for him,” said Hermione.

“You can’t choose him over me!” shouted Ron.

“Why not?” challenged Hermione.

“Hermione, I love you,” replied Ron but that was the wrong thing to say as Hermione slapped him as hard as she could right across the face.

“You can go to hell, Ronald Weasley!” yelled Hermione, as she rubbed slightly stun hand. “Harry, I’m heading to class, if you want to come with me..”

“Yes, that would be best,” replied Harry in a strained voice as he followed Hermione out of the Great Hall with Ron looking dumbstruck and Ginny putting her head in her arms in absolutely frustration.


“That basically strained our friendship beyond all repair that day,” explained Harry. “We tried to remain as civil as possible to Ron and Ginny, but we didn’t go out of our way to interact with them.”

Hermione stood transfixed, Harry wasn’t kidding that the worst was yet to come. Yet there were more memories to come as Harry’s recollections faded out to several hours later.

“Those traitorous, they believed Dumbledore, Dumbledore, it’s always down to Dumbledore, don’t they realize he’s not always right?” ranted Harry, to no one in particular as he sat in the Room of Requirement but at that second Luna made her way inside.

“Oh, hi, Harry, fancy meeting you here,” replied Luna.

“Afternoon Luna, forgive me if I’m not in a good mood,” said Harry.

“You have every right to not be happy right now, people who you thought were your friends did something that you felt betrayed you,” responded Luna. “I’d be absolutely furious if it was me.”

“It’s just you think you know someone,” voiced Harry.

“I thought I knew Ginny, I never thought she’d go that far to attempt to make you like her,” said Luna quietly. “Shows how much I know, maybe I should have been more perceptive.”

“Luna, you couldn’t have known, this is not your fault, it’s their fault for taking Dumbledore’s word just because he’s Dumbledore,” answered Harry. “The thing is, they didn’t really do it out of malice, they thought it was for my own good but how would I know if they wouldn’t have ended up sticking a knife in my back if Dumbledore had said a few well chosen words?”

“Dumbledore obviously thinks he’s looking out for your best interests but what he thinks and what is reality doesn’t always quite match up,” said Luna.

“Tell me about it,” remarked Harry. “What were you doing out here anyway, Luna?”

“Oh some of my possessions have mysteriously disappeared again,” said Luna as if this didn’t bother her at all. “It’s gotten worse, at first, it was just because I acted a bit different, but now that I’m friends with you, it’s changed.”

“I’m sorry,” retorted Harry.

“Don’t be, you weren’t the one who stole my things,” said Luna. “They just can’t understand why someone who is famous would hang out with someone who is loony, like me.”

“Luna, you’re perfectly normal,” lectured Harry and Luna raised her eyebrow. “Okay, maybe a tiny bit eccentric, but there’s nothing wrong with that, after all my relatives are what is considered to be normal and I would have to hex you if you acted like that.”

“You don’t get along with them too much, do you Harry?” asked Luna.

“That’s putting it mildly but I really shouldn’t burden you with my problems Luna,” said Harry. “I can help you look for your things.”

“Really, Harry, there’s no need for you to do that, I can manage on my own,” argued Luna but Harry reached before, placing his hand on Luna’s.

“Nonsense, that’s what friends are for,” replied Harry with a genuine smile.


The memory seemed to abruptly cut out for some reason and Hermione looked at Harry quizzically, but Harry had a far off look in his eyes.

“Harry?” asked Hermione.

“You’ve seen everything you needed to know in that memory, next one,” replied Harry as if nothing seemed to be the matter.

The scene faded out to the kitchen in Number Twelve Grimmauld Place, with the members of the Order of the Phoenix sitting around the table and Harry walked inside, having been lead inside by Nymphadora Tonks, who averted her eyes towards the ceiling, as if a bit embarrassed that she was talked into playing messenger for Dumbledore so Harry could come here.

“Tonks, told me that you wished to see me, Professor Dumbledore,” prompted Harry in an emotionless tone of voice, this was the first time he had a face to face confrontation with Dumbledore since the night he was told the prophecy.

“Yes, I did Harry, I wished to speak to you about your recent falling out with your friends,” said Dumbledore kindly.

“What are you talking about Professor?” replied Harry innocently. “I’m getting along perfectly with Luna, Hermione, and Neville.”

“I was referring to the two youngest Weasleys, Harry,” said Dumbledore calmly. “I do apologize for forcing them into that position; I may have been a bit hasty of me.”

Harry just sat in front of Dumbledore, his arms and legs folded, not even blinking.

“Yes, Harry, we’ve all been concerned for you, especially after what happened with Sirius,” added Molly Weasley who looked a bit nervous at this cold indifference from Harry. She could perfectly deal with children who yelled and screamed their heads off, but a calm, calculating one was something different. “We’re just don’t want you to choose to walk down a dangerous path in life.”

“No, you don’t want me to think for myself and not follow the gospel according to Albus Dumbledore to the letter,” corrected Harry. “No need to lie, I’m not an idiot.”

“No one said you were, Harry,” said Dumbledore. “It’s just we’re concerned for your welfare and want what’s best for you.”

“Keep telling yourself that Albus, and eventually it will come true,” said Harry.

“Harry, I can’t let you get away with talking to Professor Dumbledore in this house,” admonished Molly but Harry just turned to Remus.

“Hi, Remus, how have you been holding up lately?” asked Harry, ignoring Molly’s outburst, something else that she wasn’t used to.

“As good as can be expected,” said Remus, taken him aback.

“Could you do me a favor and inform everyone exactly who Sirius left this house to?” suggested Harry.

“To you, of course, Harry, along with everything else,” informed Remus.

“Thank you Remus,” said Harry gratefully before he turned to Dumbledore. “Now, I’m sure there’s a reason that you’ve called me here.”

“Yes, I did, Harry,” responded Dumbledore. “I feel that considering the role you are destined to play that you would join the Order of the Phoenix a year earlier than you might have previously.”

Harry sat there, staring at Dumbledore.

“No, Harry, I can assure you this is not a joke,” added Dumbledore.

“You seem fond of telling me things that I have to work hard to put together the pieces, Professor, so let me tell you a story and I’ll let you figure out how it relates to me,” said Harry. ‘It starts with a young girl, she had a bit of a hard life you see, came from a tough neighborhood and wished for something different, something better. Then along comes the man of her dreams, someone who she feels is perfect, he’s almost too good to be true but she doesn’t think about it too hard. Rather the troubled girl sees her way out and pursues a relationship with this perfect man. Eventually they’re married.”

Harry paused for the briefest of seconds.

“Over time, the girl starts noticing small imperfections in her love, things that make the man of her dreams less perfect than she had first thought,” continued Harry. “He might have had a few too many drinks and they’ve had a heated argument where she gets slapped around a little bit. Signs that she should get out of this relationship why she still can, the man doesn’t seem to appreciate her as much as he should. Still, she reconciles everything will get better, besides he loves her. Despite the darkness in the man, the girl feels that she either has to stick with him or go back to the cruel world that she has come from.”

Everyone seemed silent which gave Harry the office to continue.

“Things didn’t get better, they got much worse over the years, to the point where the love was most certainly gone, the girl was being battered on a constant basis, yet she still deluded herself that he loved her,” said Harry. “Deluded to the point where she felt her only obligation in life was to spread her legs like a common street hooker for the distinct pleasure of the man. The man kept asking things of her, giving nothing of concerned, and she gave him her life, her body, her soul, and her mind, sacrificing it all. She didn’t want to go back to the other world, but she had been stripped of all of her humanity. Her purpose in life had become that of a mindless whore, until she eventually drank herself to death.”

Harry finished the store, no emotion on his face and several of the female members of the Order of the Phoenix were crying, with several of the men also looking appalled.

“What are you trying to say Harry?” questioned Dumbledore who had obviously not gotten the meaning of what Harry was trying to say.

“Figure it out Professor,” concluded Harry as he walked out of the room, careful not to turn his back on any of the members of the Order until he was safely out of spell distance.


Another shift in memories, this time ending up in the Headmaster’s office a few weeks before the sixth year of Hogwarts ended.

“Good evening, Professor Dumbledore,” said Harry politely.

“Ah, good evening Harry, it has been some time since we last met,” responded Dumbledore. “It saddens me to say that you still haven’t forgiven your friends for doing what they thought was necessary.”

“Yes, just like Peter Pettigrew did what he thought was necessary when he sold out my parents to Voldemort,” said Harry. “Look, I’m as social as possible when dealing with them but it’s best if we don’t talk.”

“You should not allow minor disagreements drive a wedge between friends,” argued Dumbledore. “Ron and Ginny are good people, a bit hot tempered yet, but perhaps it would be best if you give them a chance. The love potion was something that was a huge mistake.”

“And perhaps it might be best if you don’t psychoanalyze me, Professor Dumbledore,” responded Harry. “It’s not because of the bloody love potion that I’m not talking about them, it’s because they followed your word that I might be going dark.”

“So, you’re punishing your friends because you don’t like me, Harry,” said Dumbledore.

“No, Professor, it wouldn’t be a problem if I didn’t like you,” countered Harry. “The fact is I don’t trust you and that’s much worse in my book.”

“What have I done to deserve such mistrust?” inquired Dumbledore, a twinkle in his eye that Harry wasn’t buying for a second.

“Let’s see, you withheld the prophecy from me, you keep sending me back to relatives that obviously hate me, for someone who is said to know everything that goes on at this school you seem blissfully ignorant with anything that puts me in peril until the last possible second, you didn’t do a better job at looking in the Secret Keeper situation, you’ve done nothing to prepare me for the inevitable battle with Voldemort, leaving everything to chance,” said Harry quickly. “Do I need to continue?”

“No, Harry, you’ve said plenty,” said Dumbledore gravely. “Perhaps if I tell you the reason I thought you were going dark, it might shed some light about the actions I had Ronald and Ginevra take.”

“I’m listening,” said Harry stiffly.

“While you managed to force Lord Voldemort out of your mind when he attempted to possess you, I fear that he might have left you susceptible to his influence, the connection between you two becoming stronger by the moment,” said Dumbledore.

“Is that a theory or do you have proof to back it up?” challenged Harry.

“I attempted to look into your mind and I was forced out Harry,” replied Dumbledore. “Professor Snape told me that you had no talent for Occlumency, so there could be no other explanation.”

“Snape never tried to teach me the subject, you realize how much time it took me to fix the damage he did, before I began actually trying to protect my mind,” fired back Harry.

“I’m surprised Harry, you managed to block my passive attempts but if I actually worked in attempting to break into your mind, I could get through,” said Dumbledore. “Harry, what can I do to atone for mistakes?”

“Let me handle Voldemort my way,” said Harry calmly as he got to his feet. “I have plenty of homework to do so if there isn’t anything else…”

“No there isn’t, Harry,” concluded Dumbledore.


The scene faded from Dumbledore’s office to the smoldering remains of the Burrow.

Harry and Hermione stood outside, in numb shock as they looked at the wreckage.

“I can’t believe this,” muttered Hermione sadly.

“Yes, Miss Granger, this attack was rather vicious,” said Dumbledore who walked into the scene. “We managed to capture several of the Death Eaters who were responsible to for this.”

“How could you let this happen?” demanded Harry. “You know that the Death Eaters would target them, they are considered to be the biggest blood traitors by Voldemort and his followers.”

“Harry, all of the Order’s resources were tied up at Privet Drive,” explained Dumbledore.

“I thought the blood wards were supposed to keep me safe,” responded Harry and Dumbledore seemed at a loss of words. “Never mind another mistake you made, what happened?”

“Well according to the Death Eaters we captured, Ginny, Ron, Fred, George, and Molly Weasley were all inside,” informed Dumbledore. “Molly was slaughtered in seconds by Bellatrix Lestrange, Ron and Ginny followed soon later, they attempted to fight many Death Eaters head on. Fred and George managed to incapacitate several Death Eaters but they fell eventually, before the Death Eaters torched the Burrow with their bodies inside. The other Weasleys are being informed and they’re under the protection of the Order, because I fear Voldemort will come after them.”

“Yes, that seems to be about right, they just proved my point that they were foolish in putting their trust in you,” said Harry. “I might have been odds with certain Weasleys, but none of them deserved to be killed. You should have seen it coming.”

Dumbledore surveyed Harry, words failing him.

“Until we meet again, Professor,” continued Harry as he walked off with Hermione, not knowing that this would be the last time that he would be seeing Dumbledore in this timeline.


The scene shifted to Grimmauld Place.

“This was his plan all along Harry,” said Hermione. “We were the six who foiled his plans to gain the Prophecy and he made plans to attack us all.”

“I just wish I would have found you in time,” chimed in Luna, her voice uncharacteristically serious. “They got to Neville, I just barely managed to survive, Dad wasn’t so lucky, if I had done more, if I would have thought quicker, both of them would have been alive.”

“Luna, you did the best you could, but if I had been at the Burrow, if I hadn’t fell out with the Weasleys, they might still be alive,” said Harry.

“Honestly, you two were made each for other, I swear!” said Hermione.

“If your parents were attacked Hermione, you’d be saying the same thing,” argued Harry and Luna nodded in agreement by his side.

“No, I suggested that they should get out of the country and reluctantly they did, I told them that I’d come look for them when Voldemort’s been killed,” said Hermione as she lifted up her wand to turn on the Wizarding Wireless.

“This just in, Albus Dumbledore has been executed for high crimes of treason towards the Ministry of Magic,” announced a cold voice over the Wireless. “Dumbledore attempted to go into hiding, but Severus Snape proved his sworn duty to all that is pure by informing the Ministry of Albus Dumbledore’s location, allowing a group of witches and wizards to remove this cancerous spot on the Wizarding World. Several of his Order of the Phoenix members fought, but they were brought to justice. Several others peacefully surrendered and they were brought to Azkaban where they would later be educated.”

Harry sat, glaring into the distance with hatred. There was no mistake who that cold, high, wicked voice over the radio belonged too.

“Three fugitives remain at large, Luna Lovegood, Hermione Granger, and Harry Potter,” continued the cold voice. “If you’ve encountered these three, they are a danger to the world we live in and their whereabouts should be handed right over to the Ministry of Magic immediately. Anyone caught harboring these fugitives will be dealt with harshly.”


The current Harry’s eyes were red, viewing these memories were both therapeutic and frustrating at the same time.

“We later found out he took over the Ministry on that day and everything else folded soon after,” concluded Harry darkly. “Throughout the next few years, we fought Lord Voldemort and his followers, and you know how the story ends.”

“All you went through Harry, it’s just…you have to start all over again,” said Hermione.

“I do, but this time I’ll be ready for Voldemort, I won’t let him take over,” said Harry firmly. “There is much more, but I can’t let you view those, I don’t want you to be warped for life, Hermione but I gave you a clear picture in some places and a general overview of what I can’t show you.”

“I just hope that it doesn’t end that way this time,” said Hermione quietly, she just seemed to be taking in what she learned and a part of her wished she wouldn’t have asked Harry to tell her everything. “It’s just too much, I’d hate to see you have to live that again.”

“Yes, I got my second chance to finish Voldemort,” concluded Harry. “I didn’t want it, but I got it. I just hope I won’t have a need for a third chance.”
Sign up to rate and review this story