Categories > Original > Drama > Life Of A Modern Day Teen

Chapter 2 - The Break Up

by MarissaBby 0 reviews

........

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2008-01-27 - Updated: 2008-01-28 - 697 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2

Well, well, well. We were all waiting for it. Amber dumped Rick! I told him that it was going to happen and after a while I actually thought that she really loved him, but as per usual, every guy who dates her ends up getting crushed. You know this whole, " I like Rick" situation is sort of starting to swing in my direction and it doesn't mean as much to me as I thought it would. Like, you would think that if your crush gets dumped by his slut of a girlfriend then you would be pretty ecstatic on the inside and sympathetic on the outside, but to just make this very clear, I feel really, really sorry for him. He's a decent guy who just got his heart broken, and it shouldn't matter who or what the girl is like. Right? I'm not sure what I'm meant to do. He has just reassured me that he's feeling better than ever and that he doesn't want me to say anything to her about the breakup. As soon as Derek and Rick came and picked me up this afternoon (unexpectedly) I could tell instantly that something had happened. When they told me I couldn't believe it, my face was as red as a tomato. What really disgusted me was that she didn't even tell Rick herself! She got Derek to do her dirty work. And even worse! She said while she was in New Caledonia, Rick missed her but she never missed him! Now if you don't call that harsh there has to be something horribly wrong with you. Mind you not all of this affected Rick. These holidays have brought Rick and I closer as friends, and we both knew that if Amber were to find out about us hanging out, she would of gone off her head. Little did I know that someone was telling her everything we have been doing these holidays. So just think, I could be getting into a fight with the girls on the first day of school. Oh joy!


In other news, I slept over Veronica's last night. I love our little sleepovers. We pig out as if to say we were going to die the next day. Chocolate. Chips. Tasty Tubes. Yeah they have to be classified as a different food group. Veronica loves them. We sat in her room most of the time. We started off watching a Carl Baron DVD. Both of us were laughing so hard that soft drink came out my nose. Then we were watching music videos. Suddenly we realized how bad our voices are. We were terrible! If there were a competition for the worst Paramore impersonators, hands down, Veronica and I would win. All those times that we were belting out The Used in science I can understand why people would tell us to shut up.

Demi and I will have a lovely conversation when she comes over on Monday about all this. She doesn't even know the people involved and she's still interested. Her and I have a pretty good bond and I love the way she doesn't care what the subject is, she just wants to know what's happening. She’s actually coming down to meet Veronica. They have been talking over MSN and MySpace for about a month now and have yet to meet each other. Considering they are basically the same person, I'm preparing for them just to wonder off and mingle while I traipse behind them smiling and shaking my head. In other words, complete abandonment.

Looking forward to Tuesday. 27 Dresses is said to be a really good chick flick. And you know me, I'm all about a decent chick flick, could watch them for the rest of my life if I had to. Depending on the mood of the three of us, decides what type of trouble we will give everyone else in the movie. Last time I went to the movies with friends, some old hag had a go at me for talking during the ads. So God only knows what type of crap is going to happen on Tuesday. It'll be good either way.
Sign up to rate and review this story