Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Puppy Love

Chapter 1

by arora_kayd 0 reviews

Remus POV; Challenge fic based off Mousapelli's " So You Want to Transfigure Yourself a Rock Band." What could have happened if Sirius' intentions wern't true? More details inside. R/R would be muc...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Romance - Characters: Lupin, Sirius - Published: 2006-01-30 - Updated: 2006-01-31 - 519 words

0Unrated
Title: Puppy Love
Author: Aurora-Kayd
Beta: Point_Earedpain
Disclaimer: I own nothing of Harry Potter except my copies of the books.
Summary: Challenge fic based on Mousapelli's "So You Want to Transfigure Yourself a Rock Band" (which can be found here -> http://www.sprunkers.com/glitter.htm ) The challenge was to write a different ending as if it had been prank. So mild spoilers for that fic. Thanks to my every so wonderful beta Anna, who issued the challenge in the first place.


Love. What the hell do teenagers know about love? They see a few movies, read a book or magazine, take one of those idiotic 'Is he the one?' quizzes and consider themselves experts. They obsess about it. Writing angst ridden poetry. Exaggerating the need to date. Some compose songs professing their undying love for their friend.

It's all bullshit. All they know is lust. It consumes them. Possesses them. He radiated it. Even before I discovered I fancied him I knew why girls fawned over him. He was carnal. He was sex.

Then sixth year came. I became like the rest of them. Drawn to him, entranced by him. Spent nearly two years pining for him. I had adapted, learned to control myself. But seventh year on the platform... God he was just... fantastic. He was Sirius: raw, beautiful, smoldering, elegant. The embodiment of Glam.

The year was heavenly torture. Staring at him for endless amounts of time but never being able to touch. To taste. And then things were happening too damn fast. The late nights. The present. The kiss. The song. His ballad. For me. It said he loved me.

I believed him.

I tried to resist him. Tried to tell him it was a mistake. Tried to push him away. But I believed him. It was his determination. He seemed so genuine. He loved me. I loved him back.

I was a bloody idiot; I was a hormone-ridden teenager. I had developed feelings for another and concluded that it was love. I was enamored by a song. I fell in love with love. I had had a taste of desire made human and become addicted.

He had promised that it was more than a crush. More than a one night stand. Promised that it was real. And maybe he believed it himself. Maybe that's why it lasted for so long.

However a rock god is never sated. Three years later and it was over. He had moved on; I had wasted nearly five years of my life. I should have trusted my instincts. Although part of me feels vindicated by being his longest running fling to date.

I felt like dying. The ultimate betrayal. He had lied to me. Tricked me into a false sense of security, then left me alone. I became even more of an introvert. A hermit, rarely leaving the house unless necessary. Just enough to keep up appearances.

We remained friends. Merlin knows why. I think a part of me had kept its senses and knew that it was doomed to fail. People rarely change; they're creatures of habit.
Sign up to rate and review this story