Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Puppy Love

Chapter 2

by arora_kayd 0 reviews

Remus POV; Challenge fic based off Mousapelli's " So You Want to Transfigure Yourself a Rock Band." What could have happened if Sirius' intentions wern't true? More details inside. R/R would be muc...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Lupin, Sirius - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-01-30 - Updated: 2006-01-31 - 546 words

0Unrated
Title: Puppy Love - ch 2
Author: Aurora-Kayd
Beta: Point_Earedpain
Disclaimer: I own nothing of Harry Potter except my copies of the books.
Spoiler Warning!!: Spoilers for book 5. I'm sure most people looking for fic had already read it, but you can never be to sure.
Author's Note: This was written a few months after the original fic, hense the difference in writing still and the not quite fitting of the two halfs. But Anna ensures me that it works and I trust her, so enjoy!


A few years later, after graduation and settling into adulthood James and Lily married and Harry was born. A year after that Lily and James were dead, Wormtail gone and Sirius was in Azkaban. As hurt and confused and betrayed as a felt, once again part of me, somewhere, wasn't surprised. I had discovered how good an actor Sirius was. Of course I hoped that everyone was wrong, that he was indeed innocent, but over the years I accepted it and began to move on.

Twelve more years passed and Sirius and I were reunited. Offering friendship came naturally; he took my hand and we were allies, pals, transgressions put behind us. In hindsight my request for forgiveness for doubting his innocence seems a bit daft. After all he had betrayed me after confessing he loved me, and would forever. Why should I not have believed he was capable of betraying his best friend to Voldemort? But ask I did and was eagerly obliged.

Next summer Dumbledore sent Sirius to 'lie low' at my place. It was a bit awkward at first to be honest. It was the first time we had been alone together in a long time. Eventually we both got fed up with tiptoeing around each other and I told him that the past was over and teenage flights of fancy and misconceptions shouldn't affect us now. After that things were pretty much like old times. He tried once or twice to start an intimate relationship again, but I refused, knowing that in truth it was 1 years of loneliness seeking relief.

When the Order reformed and he moved back to Grimmauld Place we rarely saw each other. I was usually away on some assignment, and on my briefer visits he was usually up sulking in his room with Buckbeak. On longer stays I would coax, forcibly if needs be, him out to be sociable or at least sit up there with him, usually in a brooding silence.

On some of these occasions I would catch him staring at me, but he would turn away quickly so I was never sure if I had imagined the pained or longing gaze or not. And more than once, he made as if to grab my hand, or, in bolder instances, my shoulders, but resisted just before contact.

I had on planned on asking him just what he was getting at, if he had been serious about starting a relationship again. But then we were summoned to the Department of Mysteries and Sirius was gone once more. I was left feeling foolish; embarrassed that I had hoped that this time might be real, might actually work out. Because somewhere, I suspect near that part that was never surprised, I still loved him.
Sign up to rate and review this story