Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The New Order

Back to Hogwarts

by UTforever22 0 reviews

the School year starts and Harry organizes the New Order

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor - Characters: Ginny,Harry,Hermione,Luna,Lupin,Neville - Published: 2008-02-03 - Updated: 2008-02-04 - 5229 words

0TrainWreck
“Alright stay together everyone,” said Mrs. Weasley, leading the family into King’s Cross.


“All’s clear,” growled Moody, sticking his head through the barrier.


“Harry, you first,” said Mrs. Weasley. Harry stepped onto Platform 9 and ¾, where Mad Eye, Tonks and Lupin were waiting for him. Harry looked around and noticed several gruff looking wizards standing around, wand in hand and eyeing the crowd alertly.


“Those are the Aurors the Ministry ordered to guard the Platform,” said Tonks, seeing Harry looking at the group. “There’s going to be a group stationed in Hogsmeade this year as well. That’s where Kingsley and I will be.”


“On the train now, quickly. We can’t stand around here. You never know when there’s going to be an attack,” said Mad Eye. Tonks and Lupin walked with Harry onto the train, and was closely followed by Ron, Hermione and Ginny, who were escorted by Moody, Kingsley as well as Mr. and Mrs. Weasley. Lupin, Kingsley and Tonks stayed on the train while Mr. And Mrs. Weasley bade their children good bye and Harry secured a compartment for the other three teens, who went to take care of their prefect duties. A few moments later Neville and Luna stuck there heads into the room.


“Hey, Harry. Do you mind if we join you? Then only other empty seats are with the Slytherins,” said Neville.


“Come on in,” said Harry. “How were your summers?”


“Good. Dad and I went on a trip to look for Crumple Hornsnacks,” said Luna.


“Did you find any?” asked Harry, already suspecting the answer.


“No, but we came close,” said Luna.


“What about you, Neville?” said Harry.


“Oh, my summer was good. I finally have my own wand. Ollivander says I’ll perform a lot better with this one than I did with my dads,” said Neville. “I’m glad to see you’re okay. I was a bit worried when Dumbledore Floo’d over a few days after we got back and asked if I had heard from you. Where’d you run off to?”


“The Shrieking Shack,” answered Harry. “It’s where Professor Lupin went to transform when he was in school.”


“So you ran away from those relatives of yours?” said Neville.


“Yes. I should have done it a long time ago,” said Harry, who then proceeded to take out his wand and cast several privacy charms on the compartment. “Listen, I’d like to tell you guys a few things, but you must promise that you will never discuss what I tell you with anyone except Ron, Hermione, the Weasley twins and Ginny.”


“Sure, Harry,” assured Neville.


“My lips are sealed,” agreed Luna.


“Good. I actually have several things to tell you about. I guess I should start with the Prophecy,” said Harry.


“It got smashed, remember,” said Neville.


“Dumbledore was there when the Prophecy was given,” explained Harry. “You guys have a right to know, especially you, Neville.”


Harry then repeated, once more, the words the Divination teacher spoke 16 years before.


“How did You-Know-Who find out about the Prophecy?” said Neville


“A Death Eater overheard the first part. Any guesses who?” said Harry.


“Who?” asked Luna.


“None other than our friendly neighborhood Potions Master,” said Harry.


“Snape was a Death Eater?” said Neville.


“I normally say is a Death Eater, though Dumbledore sees things differently,” said Harry.


“Harry, what did you mean when you said ‘especially you, Neville?” said Neville.


“Because, you were very close to being the Chosen One. You were born at the end of July to parents who had defied Voldemort three times. But, I was the one who he marked as his equal,” said Harry, gesturing towards his scar.


“Well, I’ll help you as much as I can,” said Neville.


“Yes, I’d like to see Voldemort killed as well,” said Luna airily.


“Harry, how is it that you were friends with Sirius Black? My Grandmother said that he was your parents secret keeper and betrayed them,” asked Neville. Harry told the story of how Sirius, his father and Peter Pettigrew had became unregistered Animagi to help Lupin. Then he told them about how his parents had changed secret keeper at the last second, without telling anyone.


“Wow,” was all Neville could say when the story was finished.


“Yes, it’s a pretty amazing story. I didn’t know Stubby Boardman was a friend of your fathers,” commented Luna.


“So, aside from running away from your relatives and scaring everyone did anything else interesting happen this summer?” asked Neville.


Harry then told them about Malfoy’s attack and his subsequent argument with the Headmaster. The two teens looked shocked and Neville also looked outraged.


“You mean he’s not going to be punished at all?” said Neville.


“Nope,” confirmed Harry.


“But what about the other students? Someone could get hurt,” argued Neville.


“I said the exact same thing,” said Harry. “Dumbledore won’t act, so we have to.”


“How so?” asked Luna.


“I’m starting a secret group to fight Voldemort inside the castle,” said Harry. Harry then explained the tasks of the new organization, its purposes and missions. “Do you two want in?”


Both wanted to join, so Harry gave them their maps and explained how to work them. The teens talked about school, friends and Voldemort until the compartment opened and Ron, Hermione and Ginny entered, the latter sitting on Harry’s lap.


“Remind me again why I ever wanted to be a prefect,” complained Ginny. “In the prefects meeting I had to put up with Malfoy commenting about how Ron and I should sell our badges so that we might be able to afford to feed our family. Then on patrols I got held up for twenty minuets breaking up a fight between two second years.”


“I can’t wait to see Malfoy’s face when he sees your new brooms,” said Harry.


“I guess no one bothered to tell him we haven’t been poor since they found Sirius’s will,” said Ron.


“He probably thinks they got all of the Black Fortune since they’re Sirius’s closest relatives,” said Hermione.


“So, is something new between you two?” inquired Neville, gesturing at the redhead in Harry’s lap. Ginny answered by firmly attaching her lips to Harry’s.


“Oi, just because I said I approved doesn’t mean I want to see that,” complained Ron.


“Yes, I quite agree with Weasel. I think that sight just scarred me for life,” drawled Malfoy. “So, Potter, how much are you paying Weaselette?”


“Malfoy, just because no one will ever date you for less than a thousand Galleons doesn’t mean that everybody else has that same problem,” quipped Harry.


“I wouldn’t get too attached, Weasley. The Dark Lord will have your precious boyfriends head before too long,” threatened Malfoy.


Harry slid Ginny off of his lap and stood to face Malfoy, taking this opportunity to make eye contact and gain entrance into the Slytherin’s mind. “Why wait? Go ahead and take your best shot. You certainly seemed eager a few weeks ago. And this time Mommy’s not here to stop you.”


Malfoy paled slightly when reminded of his attack, leading Harry to believe that Voldemort hadn’t been pleased by Draco’s actions.


“I’ve got more important things to do,” said Malfoy before turning and leaving the compartment without waiting for a response.


“I’m impressed, Harry. After what happened in Diagon Alley I was a bit worried you’d lose control,” praised Hermione.


“Between Snape and Malfoy I’m going to have to control myself or else I’ll never make it through this school year. Besides, he didn’t do anything that hadn’t ever been done to me before,” dismissed Harry. “Malfoy’s been tasked with getting the Prophecy from Trelawney.”


“How could he do that if she doesn’t even know she gave it?” asked Ginny.


“He’d have to get her to give him her memory of the interview,” concluded Hermione. “In a Penseive, which I’m sure Voldemort has access to, the Prophecy would show up even if she doesn’t remember it.”


“Where should the new Order meet?” asked Neville.


“The Room of Requirement?” suggested Ron.


“No, that room is too well known now, people will be going into it all of the time,” said Harry. “Since the Chamber of Secrets is fixed up we could use it. We’d never be discovered in there. I’ll have to get a few brooms to store down there so we can get out. That is, of curse, if you’re okay with it, Gin. I understand if you don’t feel comfortable spending time there so just say the word and we’ll find another place.”


“Harry, I told you that the Chamber is like an entirely different place now. And besides, if we’re going to be together than I want to be able to spend time in places you want to be in. Since you’re planning to spend time in the Chamber that means I will spend time in the Chamber,” said Ginny.


“Hold on, I don’t want you two alone anyplace where I can’t get to you,” said Ron.


“If we do use the Chamber we will need to find a way that all of us can get in, so that Harry doesn’t have to go up and open it up every time one of us wants in,” said Hermione, clearly trying to stop what was sure to be a very loud row between Ron and Ginny. “I can use a Recording Charm so that we can all get in. I could put it on our maps. When I’m done we can just tap the paper with our wand and say open, then it will play a recording of Harry speaking Parseltongue.”


The older girl muttered the spell as Harry conjured a serpent and spoke to it. Once he was done Harry vanished the snake, and the rest of the train ride passed uneventfully. Eventually the train pulled to a stop and the students filed out. The Thestral drawn carriages took them to the castle. As he entered the Great Hall, Harry was aware of the whispers and stares that were following him at an even greater number than ever before. True to Ginny’s prediction much of the female population had a rather predatory look to them. Once the first years were sorted Dumbledore approached the podium.


“Congratulations, first years. Now, before our wonderful feast befuddles our minds I have a few start of term notices. First, to our first years, as well as some of our older students who might need a reminder, please note that the entering the forest is forbidden unless one is given express permission from a member of the Hogwarts staff. Also, our caretaker, Mr. Filch, has asked me to remind you all that magic is prohibited in the halls outside of class. Posted outside of the caretaker’s office is a list of all 972 banned items, which includes, among other things, all the products of the joke shop known as Weasley Wizard Wheezes,” said Dumbledore. “As you may have noticed, we have a staff change this year. Our former Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor, Delores Umbridge, has decided to return to her post in the Ministry of Magic. As such, inquisitorial decrees have been lifted.”


Dumbledore paused as the Gryffindor, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw tables erupted into thunderous applause.


“To replace Professor Umbridge, I am pleased to announce the return of Professor Remus Lupin. Some of our older remember Professor Lupin from when he taught here several years ago. As you may know, Professor Lupin finds himself unable to teach for a few days each month. To take over his duties on those days Hogwarts has enlisted the help of one of its own,” said the Headmaster.


The Slytherins began looking especially smug and were clearly expecting Snape’s name to be announced, despite the fact that the Potions Master looked furious.


“Last year there was a record number of E’s and O’s on the Defense O.W.Ls, largely thanks to the efforts of Mr. Harry Potter, who took it upon himself to tutor many of our students in the subject last year, when the instruction was somewhat sub par in certain areas. This year Mr. Potter has agreed to teach in place of Professor Lupin as needed,” continued Dumbledore. The Slytherins looked furious and yelled protests towards the staff table, but no one heard them, as the Great Hall was shaking with applause, the loudest coming from the Gryffindor table, but a good bit coming from the other houses as well.


“Thank you for agreeing to take up this responsibility on top of your already heavy load, Mr. Potter,” said Dumbledore. “When Professor Lupin is out, Mr. Potter will have all the authority of a Hogwarts Professor, and you will be expected to treat him as such. He has proven himself to be mature beyond his years and I don’t doubt that he will perform admirably in his role.”


“What happens when he gets himself killed!?” yelled Malfoy.


“I’ll take you down with me,” muttered Harry.


“I fully expect Mr. Potter to live a long, full life. In the event that he is unable to serve we will find some way to make sure you still get the proper education,” said Dumbledore. “Finally, as you know, at the end of last school year, the Ministry recognized the return of Lord Voldemort.”


Dumbledore paused as most of the students gasped at the name.


“There was some debate over whether or not Hogwarts Quidditch could safely continue. I am pleased to announce that the school Governors have decided to allow the season to continue as usual, so long as practices are supervised by a member of our staff.”
For the third time the Great Hall burst into applause, though for the first time a considerable number of Slytherins joined in as well.


“Many of you have lost loved ones, either in the first war or the current one. These are dangerous times, and as such we must exercise caution. There will be Aurors stationed in Hogsmeade. If you notice anything suspicious I urge you to report it immediately to the nearest teacher, prefect or Auror. Otherwise, we must continue to live our lives as normal as possible. Voldemort will only win when he has succeeded in eliminating the joy in our world. Keep your eyes open, but play Quidditch, laugh with friends and cherish the wonders of youth.” Dumbledore concluded his announcements and with the snap of his fingers mounds of food appeared on the tables. The Great Hall filled with the chatter of hundreds of students buzzing excitedly.


“So, Harry, what classes are you taking this year?” asked Neville.


“Defense, Charms, Transfiguration, Care of Magical Creatures and Potions,” answered Harry.


“That last one is sure to make Snape’s day,” said Ron.


“I heard he had to let E students in because only five people managed O’s on their O.W.L.s,” said Seamus.


“Yeah, and it’s good thing he lowered the standard, too. I need Potions if I want to become an Auror,” said Harry.


When they were all filled to the brim the teens were dismissed and went to bed. The next morning they received their schedules. Harry began the year with a double session of Charms.


“To begin this year we will review a few Charms that you were taught last year,” said Professor Flitwick. The class spent the day brushing up on the Summoning Charm, the Banishing Charm and the Water Charm.


After Charms Harry met up with Ginny for lunch and then went to Hagrid’s hut to spend some time with him before class started.


“Hello, there, Harry. How yeh holdin up?” asked the Game-Keeper.


“I’m doing fine, all things considered. How was your summer?” said Harry.


“Alright. Keeping busy, with Grawp and Order business yeh know. Gave me a right scare, yeh did, runnin off from those muggles. Can’t say I blame yeh, though, just wish yeh hadn’t done it in the middle of a war,” said Hagrid.


“I needed to get out of there. How’s Grawp holding up?” said Harry. The giant had earned a bit a of Harry’s respect when he saved him and Hermione from the Centaurs.


“He’s doin’ great, Harry. Even got em readin’ a bit now,” said Hagrid proudly.


“That’s great. Do you know what happened to Buckbeak?” said Harry.


“He’s yours now, I think. I’ve got him hidden out in the forest for you. If yeh need I’ll take care of em,” said Hagrid.


The two talked until the rest of the class showed up.


“Alright everyone, I got a real treat for you today. Who can tell me a few of the special powers of the phoenix?” began the half-giant once everybody with settled in.


Harry, Ron and Hermione all quickly raised their hands.


“Shoulda figured you’d three be the first to answer. Ron, you first,” said Hagrid.


“They can carry extremely heavy weights,” answered Ron.


“Right, good Ron, yes they are very strong. A full-grown Phoenix could probably even get me off the ground. Harry, Hermione name some others,” said Hagrid.


“Their tears can heal just about any wound,” said Harry, involuntarily grabbing his arm and rubbing the spot where the Basilisk had bitten him.


“They burst into flame when they die and then get reborn from their ashes,” added Hermione.


“Right, anyone else?” asked Hagrid.


“Their tail feathers are used in wands,” said Neville.


“Good. That’s about all of them I guess,” said Hagrid. “For those of you who don’t know, Professor Dumbledore has a phoenix. Fawkes, could yeh come here for me?”


There was a burst of flame as the brilliantly colored bird appeared and landed next to Harry.


“Phoenixes are extremely loyal, and they always know when they’re needed,” taught Hagrid. “Who can tell me how one goes about ownin’ one?”


Predictably, only Hermione raised her hand. “A Phoenix comes to the aid of someone when they’re in need and sacrifices itself for them.”


“Very good, five points to Gryffindor,” praised Hagrid.


Hagrid spent the rest of the period lecturing on caring for phoenixes. All too soon for Harry’s liking the class ended, ushering in the class Harry had been dreading. Harry entered the Dungeons and observed the NEWT potions class, which was made up mostly of Slytherins, including Zabini, Malfoy and Pansy Parkinson. There were a few Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs. Harry and Hermione were the only Gryffindors.


“There will be no pointless chatter and no time wasting this year. I expect full concentration and high quality potions brewing if you want to stay in my class,” began Snape. “Some of you will no doubt attempt to get by on little more than undue authority and influence. Be forewarned that just because I had to let you into this class does not mean that I have to keep you in my class.”


Snape spent the rest of the class talking about Veritaserum, which they would begin brewing the next day, and making snide comments directed at Harry. The class was dismissed after being assigned an excruciatingly long essay on the dangers of improperly brewed truth potion. In Transfiguration McGonagall introduced them to the theory on human to animal transformations. As Harry had been studying to become an Animagus, he was able to pick this up relatively easily, though he still paid close attention, as the idea of being able to create a repeat performance of Draco Malfoy the Amazing Bouncing Ferret was very inviting.


Luckily Harry was able to end his first day on a high note.


“Welcome everybody. Unless I’m mistaken I taught you all three years back, so I will not bother with introductions. I’m glad to have you all here. This class is more important than it has ever been, so I implore you to give your best effort this year. Voldemort is attacking people everyday. The skills you learn here could be the difference between life and death,” said Lupin. “As many of you know, the Dementors that once guarded Azkaban prison have joined forced with the Death Eaters and already have several attacks attributed to them. Can anyone tell me how one repels Dementors?”


Lupin had clearly been expecting Harry, Ron and Hermione to be the only ones to answer, but to his surprise everyone in the class raised their hand.


“Mr. Longbottom,” said Lupin.


“With the Patronus Charm,” answered Neville.


“Very good, ten points to Gryffindor. Now, to do the Patronus Charm you need two things. The first is relatively simple, an incantation, Expecto Patronum. It is the second part that is challenging. While performing the incantation, one must concentrate on an extremely happy thought or memory. I want you all to try it. Don’t be discouraged if you only create a vapor. Even the most skilled wizards have taken time learning this charm,” said Lupin. There was a brief pause as the students decided what thought to use. Then the room was filled with chants of Expecto Patronum. Lupin’s eyes widened as several silver animals filled the room, all from DA members including, much to Harry’s pleasure, Neville, who had conjured a silver dog as his Patronus.


“Ok, something’s up. Who taught you this, the fake, Moody?” asked Lupin. The class shook their heads and pointed at Harry.


“Excellent, ten points to every student who managed to conjure a Patronus,” beamed Lupin. The rest of the class was spent working on the Patronus, as not everyone in the class had been in the DA. Eventually a few more students managed a Patronus, including Malfoy, which took the shape of a serpent.


After class was dismissed Harry went to the Chamber, where Luna and Ginny were already working on their homework for the day.


“Did Snape give you a horridly long essay too?” said Harry.


“Who else,” said Ginny. “You should see what Hermione and I did in her free period. I solemnly swear that I’m up to no good.”


Ginny pointed her wand at the wall as she said the familiar phrase. A huge map appeared on the walls and ceiling of the Chamber. Harry looked in awe as he scanned the map. Hermione, he saw, was in the library. Ron and Neville were standing near the tunnel that led to the Honeydukes cellar, then began walking to the common room. Malfoy and Snape were on the Quidditch pitch with the rest of the Slytherin team, which he was now captain of.


“Fred and George are in the shack putting in the Intruder Charms,” informed Luna.


Harry began working on his homework and was almost through with Snape’s essay when Hermione entered the Chamber followed by Ron and Neville.


“Ron and Neville managed to get the password changed, it’s now Buckbeak. They also cast an Intruder Charm on all of the passages. If anyone uses any of them our maps will vibrate,” said Hermione.


“Good, I’m keeping an eye on Trelawney while I work on my homework,” said Harry.


“What else is there to take care of?” asked Ginny.


“Can Peeves get into the Slytherin common room?” wondered Harry.


“I don’t know. I’ve never seen him in any of the common rooms, but I don’t see why he wouldn’t be able to, it’s pretty much impossible to control a Poltergeist. They can be affected when spells are used on them directly, but wards or locks don’t affect them. Why, what are you planning?” said Hermione.


“I think I could bribe him into helping us keep an eye on Malfoy, just at night while we can’t look over the map,” said Harry.


“That’s…” began Ron and Hermione together.


“Brilliant,” ended Ron


“Mental,” ended Hermione at the same time.


“It’s funny how often those two go together,” commented Luna.


“Are you insane?” shouted Hermione. “What makes you think you can get Peeves to help you? When has he ever done anything to aid anyone?”


“I think he would comply if I gave him some of Fred and George’s better products,” said Harry.


“Okay, you’ve lost it. Peeves causes enough trouble without you helping him,” said Ginny.


“Yes he’s quite rude sometimes,” agreed Luna. Harry marveled at the Ravenclaw’s penchant for gigantic understatements.


“If I can manage to get him on our side he would be an incredibly valuable asset. He can teleport, he can become invisible and he has been at Hogwarts for a God knows how long, so he knows the castle,” said Harry.


“That’s if you can manage to get him to help you,” said Hermione.


“I’ll have to go ask him, did you finish Snape’s essay?” said Harry.


“Yeah I finished it in the library,” answered Hermione.


“Good, can you keep an eye over Trelawney while I go look for him?” said Harry.


“Sure, he’s bouncing around the Astronomy Tower,” said Hermione.


Harry quickly jogged the many stories to tower, where the mischievous spirit was nowhere to be found. Harry cautiously looked around the room, which had telescopes and charts thrown about. Harry pulled out his map to check to see if Peeves was still nearby when a brass telescope landed on his head with a thud.


“Ickle Potter, he’s the Chosen One. But can he do it while covered in dung?” sang Peeves. The Poltergeist made to throw a Dungbomb at Harry, who vanished it before it could cause any harm.


“I have a deal that might interest you,” said Harry.


“Potter the rotter, he wants Peevsie’s help. Trying to cause chaos, he is. He wants to keep the good kids from learning. I’ll tell Filch and your hide will be burning,” said Peeves, doing some impressive mid-air acrobatics.


“You wouldn’t keep quiet even if I gave you some products from Weasley Wizard Wheezes?” said Harry. Immediately Peeves halted his summersault and Harry knew he had gotten his attention. “I need you to help keep an eye on Draco Malfoy for me. Spend some time in the Slytherin common room. Most importantly, get me if he’s ever out of bed at night. Do this, and I’ll live up to my end of the bargain.”


The spirit eagerly agreed with the deal. Shaking his head, Harry returned to the Chamber.


“How’d it go?” asked Neville.


“Peeves is thrilled,” said Harry.


“Well, you’re now officially certifiable,” said Ginny.


“I had to do something to keep you Prefects on your toes,” defended Harry.


“Great,” moaned Hermione.


“What’s Harry doing to keep Prefects on their toes?” asked Fred, who Harry just realized was observing the scene from a large mirror that had been placed in the Chamber.


“He’s giving Peeves some of your products in exchange for keeping watch over Draco Malfoy,” answered Neville.


“Excellent. I can’t believe we never thought to ally ourselves with him while we were there. Just think of the mayhem we could have caused,” said George.


“You both cause more than enough mayhem by yourselves. I think you’ll do without help, thank you,” said Hermione.


“I suppose getting his help was a good idea, but I would be a bit more receptive to the idea if I didn’t have to pick up the pieces whenever Peeves decides to put one of your inventions to use,” said Ginny.


“It’s your own fault for being a prefect,” lectured George.


“You need to learn that your actions have consequences,” added Fred.


“You’re on a dangerous path. You keep this up and before you know it you’ll be Head-Girl,” warned George.


“And then what? We’d have to change our names. We’d lose credibility if people knew we had three Head Boys and a Head Girl in our family,” said Fred.


“You already credit your success, as you call it, to, Lupin, a Prefect, and James Potter, a Head Boy,” reminded Ginny.


“Yeah, but Lupin says he was only made Prefect because Dumbledore wanted him to reign in Prongs and Padfoot. As for Harry’s dad, we’re not quite sure how went over to the dark side,” countered George. “Lupin suspects he had to clean up his act to get Harry’s mum to give him a chance.”


“Speaking of Moony, when are you teaching your first defense class?” asked Fred.


“Monday. The full moon is Wednesday so I’m teaching all next week,” answered Harry.


“Good luck with that. We’d best be gong now,” said George.


After good-byes were exchanged the twins disappeared from the mirror. Harry finished up his Potions essay and then worked on his Animagus training. He was anxious to get to this, as he would finally be able to find out what animal he would be able to change into. Harry muttered the spell and out came not one, but two animals. One a black leopard with green eyes and a feint scar on its forehead. It was the second animal that surprised Harry. It was a black serpent, with narrow green slits for eyes.


“I thought someone could only have one Animagus form,” said Harry.


“That’s how it’s suppose to work,” said Hermione.


“And why a snake?” asked Ginny.


“Could it be because he’s a Parselmouth?” proposed Ron.


“The only explanation that I can think of would be that this is because of the connection between him and Voldemort, much like his parseltongue,” said Hermione, ignoring Ron’s wince at the name.


After spending most of the night working on his transformations Harry ended his first day back at Hogwarts with Ginny in front of the fire in the Gryffindor common room. The couple kept getting jealous looks from many of the schools girls such as Romilda Vane, a rather annoying fourth year who Fred and George had warned, via the map, had bought several love potions from their shop. While the twins had found the attention Harry was receiving to be very amusing (they said they had only warned Harry out of fear of what Ginny might do to him if he suddenly started exclaiming his undying love for a fourth year he barely knew) Harry was not thrilled to have to be on alert for threats not only from Voldemort but members of his own house. One thing Harry was looking forward to was Quidditch practice. The new Captain, Katie Bell, had booked the pitch, and the next day the team would be holding tryouts for a few open positions while some of the returning players worked on getting back in tune for the upcoming season. Harry used his map to watch over Trelawney and Malfoy until he saw Peeves appear in the Slytherin common room, at which point he promptly went to bed, knowing that he would need all the rest he could get before the hectic weeks that lay in his future.
Sign up to rate and review this story