Categories > Original > Horror > Red Walls

Chapter One: Present Time

by famouslastwords93 0 reviews

chapter one

Category: Horror - Rating: R - Genres: Humor - Published: 2008-02-06 - Updated: 2008-02-06 - 1629 words

0Unrated
Everybody expects me to do what they want, and not what I want. What the hell people?
You should've seen my mom's face when she saw that I got my hair dyed black.
I plan to someday to come back home from the mall with my nose peirced and a nice ring with a black bead in my lip.
That would be so awesome.

I focus on the road ahead of me as I drive down the highway torwards school. God must hate me or something, because it's the middle of October, and it's the fourth day in a row where it's sunny. Ugh, I hate that word: sunny.
I arrive at school thirty minutes before first bell, and I see my friend Leslie's car in the parking lot.
I park next to it, then get out along with my AFI tote bag, and my notebook. I never go anywhere without my notebook for certain and simple reasons:

I write down my own feelings at any time I want to
I can doodle when I feel like it
and I can pass notes in class

I walk up the the glass with silver paneling doors, and enter through the right door.
The sudden blow of medium heat fills my body as I feel the small heat blow through my ears and hair.
I pass other early students who usually arrive at school earlier to either study, hang out, or if teachers or staff isn't around, they'll sneak out back by the memorial and smoke pot.
I've tried pot, it ain't all it's cracked up to be, it's a cross between inhaling a house on fire and being inside my grandma's house.
I walk over to my locker and find a note taped to it. I open it and lean against my locker as I read it:

Gina,
I'm in the music room, come in if you want.
xxLesliexx


I crumple the note in my palm, then put it in my pocket. I enter the code into my lock, then open it up. I grab my books for first period Literature, then check my pictures on my locker door.
Ahh....Jared Leto, Gerard and Mikey Way, Pete Wentz, the list goes on. My picture of Jared Leto in the From Yesterday is my fave, his long black hair, his eyeliner, and his glance...so sexy.
I smile then close my locker door, and make my way down the hall to the music room where Leslie says she is.
I open the door to Leslie sitting at the piano playing one of our songs from our band, The Deviant Shadows.
"Hey," I say as I set my tote bag and notebook on the grand piano and then sit down next to her on the bench.
"Hey," Leslie says back. "I've been working on a new song. Wanna hear?"
"Sure," I say placing my hands in my lap and watch Leslie begin to play.

I've never felt this way before
Never felt pain like this
What have you done?
What have you done

Look what you did to me
Can't you see I'm dying?
Stop the bleeding
Stop the suffering
Stop the pain

Leslie stops and looks up at me.
"So, what'd you think?" she asks.
"Loved it," I compliment. "I'm thinking that we should put in a scream in the chorus, like after you say 'Stop the pain', I'll scream something like why or look at what you've done. If I say 'look at what you've done', it could be the scream like in The Kill by 30 Seconds to Mars when he says 'this is who I really am'."
Leslie nods in agreement.
"Nice idea." she says, then the bell rings.

We enter the classroom and sit in desks in the back of the room. I've always known that students have died in this room, but I never was told exactly how. I knew it was during the school's masacre of '93.
As the other students gathered into the room, I looked over at Leslie who was leaning back in her chair, her legs stretched out in front of her,her arms crossed, and chewing her gum.
She looks over at me, then holds up her gum packet, asking me if I want any.
"Yeah, sure." I answer, then take a peice. I unwrap the stick, then throw it in my mouth and the wrapper in my pocket.
As class begins by Mr. Griffen asking everyone to turn to page thirty-five in our textbooks, I look out the window and notice that the blue sky has turned a bit grey, thank God! This might sound weird, but I prefer the day a bit darker, so it's cooler and not so hot.
I bring my eyes down to my level and look out straight ahead, and there stands a girl. She's terribly pale, and keeps her eyes on me.
She lifts her hand and gives me a small wave and a smile.
I lift my hand off my textbook and wave with a small smile.
I feel a tap on my shoulder, it's Leslie.
"What?" I whisper as I lean a little torwards her.
"Who the hell were you waving at?" Leslie asks.
"The girl," I whisper. "she waved at me."
"What girl?" she asks.
I look back at the window, and she's gone.
"Never mind," I say. "probably just to much Full Throttle."
"You're tellin me." she says, then puts her attention back on the lecture.
I look back out the window, and still the girl is gone. I shake my head, and focus back on the lecture.

Once class lets out, I head straight to my locker.
As I look in my mirror, Leslie pops out behind me with her books.
"What was that thing in class you saw?" she asks.
"I dunno," I answer. "I'm probably just seeing things, you know, like in the movies."
"Whatever." Leslie says as she leans back on the locker next to mine and stares up at the clock. "Hey I got class, see you in P.E."
Leslie walks off to class down the hall, and I walk the other way to Science.

During Science, we're supposed to be watching ocean films, but I'd rather be watching MTV's Scarred. Such an awesome show! They show all these dumbasses doing stunts and then they get hurt! Ha! I laugh in their face at all the scars they get and the fucked up stuff they do.
Mrs. Applewhite presses the play button on the TV, and the film begins with the loud sound the TV makes when you record something and it's old.
The film begins by showing the ocean, and then it drifts down into the water, going down and down.
I rest my head in my palm and pretend to pay attention.
I feel a tap on my shoulder, I turn around and someone hands me a note. It's folded like a triangle with a tiny black heart on it.
I smile, I love black hearts. I open the piece of paper quietly, and read it:

You have stolen my heart

-Evan

P.S. can we finally go out? and actually tell someone we like each other?

I smile, then look over across the room at Evan. He smiles back, then turns his attention back to the film. We have always been sending each other little love notes, only the notes are from song lyrics. I get out another peice of paper, and began writing back:

There's no need to tell anyone, they only hold us down
So by the morning's light, we'll be halfway to anywhere, where love is more than just your name

-Gina

I hand it to one of the other students and they pass it over to Evan, I watch the note be passed among the other students, then once Evan receives the note, I put my attention back on the film.
Once class is over, I wait outside the room for Evan. As soon as he walks out, I walk over to him and instantly pick up his scent: coca butter and shea. Damn how perverted I sound.
"What song did you quote earlier?" Evan asked as he put his arm around my shoulder. We began to stroll down the hallway as I answered. "Anywhere, it's one of Evanescence's original songs." I explained.
"Sweet. I'll look it up on YouTube when I get home." Evan said, then led us both over to my locker.
I put away my books,grabbed my lunch, then shut my locker door and walked torwards the cafeteria with Evan.
Once we got there, we sat down at our usual table and waited for Leslie.

"God I can't stand them." Leslie says reffering to the cheerleaders that are putting on a little performance as practice before the homecoming game.
"Neither can I." I say, then take a sip of my water.
"Stupid preps." Leslie mutters under her breath.
We sit there a few minutes watching the cheerleaders put on their show, then once they're done, they mention the pep ralley later. I roll my eyes, then once they're gone, everyone goes back to eating their lunch.
I finish my sandwhich, then pick up my bottle of water to take a sip, but once I look up as I drink, I see a girl standing right next to Evan. Her hair as black as my nails, her skin as grey as the sky, and her gown as torn as a gravel road.
I choke on my water, then struggle to get it down my throat as I set my water down. I cough a few times, then look back up at Evan across from me, and the girl is gone. The girl from first period.
Sign up to rate and review this story