Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Joe's True Love

Chapter 17

by berryterry 0 reviews

Joe contemplates and makes a huge decision; he asks Pete for advice on it.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-02-07 - Updated: 2008-02-07 - 642 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 17

The next day, Joe contemplated over the night before. He was thinking mostly about what Elaine’s father had asked him about them getting married. It had occurred to him before that he and Elaine might get married in the future, but they just haven’t been thinking about it. After all, too much is already on their minds. On one hand, Joe wanted to please Elaine’s family because he knows that getting married to Elaine would make them feel more comfortable about their relationship. On the other hand, he didn’t want to rush things between him and Elaine. Things are already rushed as it is. Not only did he need to be there for Elaine and the baby on the way, but he also had obligations to his band, especially since they are about to start working on their next album. Planning a wedding with Elaine on top of all of this would be too much pressure for him.

He began to think that maybe it would be wise for him to propose to Elaine, but they could hold off wedding plans for a long while. He knew that they would have to wait until after the baby was born before they could get married anyway. He wanted to make a promise to Elaine that things are going to change and that getting married will not only make their family more stable, but it will also, and most importantly be a symbol of their undying love they have for one another.

He ultimately came to the conclusion that proposing to Elaine was what he had to do. But first, he needed to find a way to do it, and he knew he couldn’t do it right away. He needed advice and who better to give him advice than the one who’s been helping him all along: Pete Wentz.

He dialed Pete’s cell phone. Pete was at home in Los Angeles, busy writing lyrics for their new album at the time.

“Hello?” Pete answered, distracted.
“Hey Pete. It’s Joe. What’s up?”
“Hey I’m glad you called. I’ve been writing these lyrics and I would love for you to hear them! You could tell me what you think.”
“Oh that’s good.”
Obviously, Joe was not really interested in hearing his lyrics, but since Pete was so eager for Joe’s feedback, he agreed to give a listen.

“Ok, Pete. Let’s hear them.”
“Ok here goes:
Sitting here in my room
The world is spinning around lost lives and false hopes
You think you know who I am
But you don’t
They say ‘The grass is always greener on the other side’
I live on the other side. Why is my grass brown and dry?


That’s all I have so far. What do you think?”

“Um that’s pretty good. I like it.”
“Great. Do you think the other guys will like it?”
“Sure… Listen. I called because I really need your advice.”
“Sure. What’s the problem?”
“Well I’ve decided that I want to propose to Elaine.”
“Really?! Dude, that is so awesome!”
“Thanks man. But I need to do it at the right moment. What do you think I should do?”
“I think you should totally catch her off guard. Do it when she least expects it.”
“Yeah, I agree. But how?”

Pete took a moment to think about it.Pete took a moment to think about it. He told him how he should do it and Joe thought it was a great idea.
“Thanks Pete! That sounds so great! I know she’ll love it!”
“You’re welcome. Anytime man!”

Joe went to bed that night, nervous with anticipation. There was a lot that he needed to do, the first was to get the perfect ring.
Sign up to rate and review this story