Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Pages Are All Torn And Frayed

"Love's complicated."

by OhSoIntricateLie 4 reviews

Now you will most likely be able to figure out what song I'm incorporating in this story :] If not you have major problems. Please R&R xoxo Dani

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2008-02-07 - Updated: 2008-02-07 - 940 words - Complete

0Unrated
A/N:Now you will most likely be able to figure out what song I'm incorporating in this story :] If not you have major problems. LOL JK But seriously.

'Damn, it's cold,' Paisley muttered to her self as she pulled her black and purple coat tighter. It was a chilly December Monday morning as Paisley neared Sumner's Grocery she smiled upon seeing the Way brothers. Today was a kind of special day for Paisley. It was hers and Gerard's three month anniversary. Three months may not seem like that long of a time, but for this relationship it was a major milestone.

"Happy Three Month Anniversary Gee," Paisley said upon being pulled into Gerard's arms.

"Happy Three Month Anniversary Paisley," Gerard replied giving Paisley an eskimo kiss.

Since Gerard had been with Paisley he'd became more affectionate and open towards her. Yet he was still visibly troubled. Paisley took a wild guess that it had something to do with the unfinished song he'd hidden from her months prior. As she walked with the brothers, one on either side and Gerard's arm around her shoulders, she thought of this. It had been bothering her ever since Gerard had hidden the paper. Silently she began devising a plan to find out the meaning behind the song but she needed help, and who best to help than his best friends.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Ray?"

"Hmm?"

"Um did Gerard like have a girlfriend before me?"

"No, why do you ask?"

It was second period and Mr. Lance had the class pair get into groups. Frank and Ray had obviously paired up with Paisley. Paisley had been waiting for a chance to talk to Ray without Frank or Mikey around all morning and had finally gotten the chance to when Frank received a nosebleed after being hit by a book.

Paisley hesitated, causing Ray to look up from his book.

"Well, several months ago I was over at Gerard's and he was letting me look at some off his sketches. And I ran across an unfinished song, and when I asked him about it he took the paper and hid it from me. This look came over his face when I showed him, I can't describe it though."

Ray furrowed his brow, deep in thought. Finally he looked at Paisley.

"The only thing I can think of is that a little over a year ago, there was this girl that Gerard had a crush on and he thought a lot of her. But one day some naughty pictures of her surfaced that her boyfriend took. Needless to say Gerard lost all his respect for her. It kind of hit him hard."

Paisley's eyes lit up.

"Oh my, that's what was in the song. He had 'If you wanted honesty, that's all you had to say. I never want to let you go, but it's better off this way for all the dirty looks from all those pictures your boyfriend took.' "

Ray nodded but before he could say anything else Frank walked in sporting dried blood and a bruised nose.

"Paisley, better watch out they'll get you next," he replied motioning at a group of jocks with his eyes.

Paisley rolled her eyes and looked down at her notebook. Pulling out a piece of paper she quickly wrote a note and passed it to Ray while Frank's attention was elsewhere. Looking at the note, Ray nodded and quickly folded the paper and put it in his pocket.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It was lunch time and Paisley was in the library waiting for Ray in the same chair he had found her in months prior. Several minutes went by before Ray came around the bookshelves. Shuffling over to the chair he sat down next to Paisley.

"Ok, Paisley, did you notice anything else in the song Gerard had written?"

Paisley thought a minute before answering.

"Yeah, he had written 'I'm Not Okay' several times, as part of the chorus I guess."

Ray closed his eyes and put his head in his hands.

"Man ever since his and Mikey's grandma died he's been really weird. More so than normal," Ray looked up, "Was there any more written?"

"Yeah, but he took it away before I could finish. But I could tell from what he had written he was pained while writing it."

Ray nodded.

"You know what Paisley, since you brought this up it's been bothering me."

"I'm sorry."

"No it's ok. I'm glad you brought it up. Since you've been with Gerard he's changed. But for the good, but he's still, I don't know, troubled. I guess that's the word I'm looking for. Mad at the world, carrying the world on his shoulders kind of thing. I think that you should try to get him to open up about it, get him to tell you what he wrote. Maybe there's something he's wrote that will make everything add up. He can be very cryptic sometimes."

Paisley mentally rolled her eyes, "Tell me about it" she muttered under her breath.

Ray looked at Paisley thoughtfully before speaking again.

"You know, Gerard loves you. I could tell from the first moment he saw you that he was falling hard. I also know that Gerard is very protective about those he loves and that maybe there's a reason he doesn't want you to read this song," he said cutting Paisley off before she could interrupt, "But you care for him so much that you will do anything to find out what is hurting him, even if it goes against what he wants. Kinda complicated."

Paisley sighed, "Love's complicated. It shouldn't be, but it is."
Sign up to rate and review this story