Categories > Cartoons > X-Men: Evolution > Switched

It Ain't Easy

by Prexistence 1 review

Remy and Rogue discover the bad things about being in one another's place

Category: X-Men: Evolution - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Characters: Gambit, Rogue - Published: 2006-01-31 - Updated: 2006-02-01 - 2245 words

1Funny
Gambit and Romy soon are going to be over, we can't let this happen!I've created a petitionto save the Cajun and the best couple ever, please sign it to save them.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/romycajun



Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters in here

Rogue walked into the Acolyte base and shut the door behind her. 'God, what is that smell? Have they never cleaned this place?' She thought to herself as she went down the hallway, only to bump into someone.

"Well, well, where have you been?" She heard a growl and saw Sabertooth standing there with a smug smirk on his face.

"It's none of ya business." Rogue glared at the large animal like mutant. She tried to walk pass him, but he held out his claw to prevent her from walking forward.

"Well it will be my business now, Magneto was wonderin why ya ditched the meetin." Sabertooth told her. Rogue rolled her eyes.

'Ah got better things ta do than hang out with you bozo's.' Rogue thought to herself. "Well Ah forgot, Ah had a accident earlier." Rogue said in a low voice, getting tired of Sabertooth. 'Now Ah see why Logan hates this guy so much.' She thought.

"Ya didn't have a accident, ya wimped out." Sabertooth snarled at her. "I don't know why Magneto keeps you around or the other two, your all weak. Ya should all go join the X-Men." He laughed at her.

'And ya should check yaself into a mental institution, but are ya, nope.' She thought to herself as she pushed pass him.

"This ain't over LeBeau." Sabertooth declared, but Rogue ignored him as she made her way through the hallway.

'That isn't mah problem, it's his. I'll be outta this body soon.' She thought to herself as she entered into a room to find Colossus and Pyro sitting down. Both of them were in conversation. She turned to go the opposite way when she heard John call to her.

"Remy, where have ya been mate?" John asked as he turned away from his talk with Piotr to face Rogue. She cursed her luck and turned around slowly to meet the Aussie's gaze.

"Ah went out, that's it." She told them both and wanted to leave.

"Where did you go?" Piotr asked her. Rogue sighed, she knew she wouldn't be able to escape.

'But at least these two aren't as bad as Sabertooth.' She thought to herself as she walked into the room and sat down in a chair next to John. She heard a T.V. blaring to the side of the room. "Ah just wanted ta get some fresh air." She answered to them both.

"Don't scare us like that, we thought somethin happened to you." Piotr told her. She looked surprised that he cared. With the run in she had with Sabertooth she thought none of the Acolytes cared what happened to each other.

"Sorry, Ah just needed to get out, but Ah'm back." She told them. She looked at the awkwardly, not knowing what to say to them. 'The swamp rat better get the Professor soon, Ah don't know how much of this Ah can take.' She thought to herself, before John began to speak.

"I got a idea to refresh your memory. How about a game of cards?" John offered. Rogue raised a eyebrow at him. She had seen some of the other kids play card games in the mansion, but she never learned any games, besides crazy eights and go fish.

"Ugh, sure." Rogue replied as she sat there. Both of them were starring at her. 'What? Ya wanted ta play the game, why don't ya get the cards?' She thought to herself as she John coughed.

"Why don't you get the cards?" Piotr asked. Gambit always had a pack of cards on him no matter what. Rogue; however, did not know this.

"Um, okay." She said as she got up from the chair and then remembered the cards that were in Gambit's night stand.

"Don't ya have them in your coat?" John asked. 'Blimey, he still is not back to normal. Maybe we should of taken him to a hospital, probably has brain damage or something.' John thought to himself as Rogue reached into her pockets and found a pack of cards in there.

'Seriously, Ah have never heard of someone that collects playing cards. What is with him?' She thought to herself as she placed the cards down on the table.

Piotr and John looked at her. 'What now?' She thought angrily to herself, getting ready to just leave and take her chances against Logan at the mansion again. "Ya wanna deal?" She asked, looking at Piotr and then looking over at John.

"Usually you do it." Piotr pointed out. Rogue sighed and took the cards out of the box and placed it on the side of the table.

She tried to shuffle the cards, but when she did the cards went all over the table. 'Oi, I've never seen him ever not be able to shuffle.' John thought to himself as he looked away from the table as Rogue picked up the cards.

'Ah hate this, at least in the mansion they leave meh alone when Ah want.' She thought to herself as she got the cards together and started dealing out the cards, giving everyone eight cards.

"So what game are we going to play?" Piotr asked as he picked up the cards and kept them face down.

"Um, crazy eights?" She looked at them in question. 'Ah swear Ah get one more look Ah'm leavin.' She thought to herself, but they didn't say anything and began to play.

After a few minutes the game was over and Piotr had won. "I think this is a first I have ever seen you lose." John stated starring at Remy in shock.

'There is no way a person can win at every game.' She huffed to herself as she placed the cards on the table, getting tired of playing already. "Ah think Ah'ma go lie down." She told them as she got up from the chair to leave the room.

"Alright, see ya later mate." Pyro told her as she left the room. She walked down the corridors of the base to find Gambit's room. She was about to enter into the room when she heard a voice boom behind her.

"Gambit, I want to talk to you?" She turned to see Magneto standing there in his usual uniform. Behind him was Mastermind.

'Doesn't this guy ever change or get sick of that uniform? And that guy behind him makes even Toad look like a hot guy.' She thought to herself, but kept her thought to herself. "What do ya want?" She asked, not caring what the he had to say.

"Where were you earlier? I had called for a important meeting and you never showed up." Magneto stated as he looked down at Rogue.

"Somethin came up, sorry." Rogue said as she was about to walk away.

"You owe me that time. Sabertooth told me you were weak, I am starting to think he maybe right. You better not let it happen again or you can find yourself out of here." Magneto snarled as he turned around.

Rogue stared as Magneto and Mastermind walked down the hallway. At the mansion when someone had made a mistake, they said sorry and all was forgiven, well with extra Danger Room time. But here it was so different. 'Ah really wanna go back to the mansion.' She thought to herself.

'Ah don't know how Gambit can stand ta stay here, but that's his choice.' She thought to herself as she sat down on the bed. 'Though, Colossus and Pyro are a lot nicer than Ah expected.' She thought to herself as she began to drift off to sleep.

X-Mansion

Remy walked into the mansion after a long day of school. 'Rogue is not going to be happy when she gets her body back.' He thought to himself as he went to sit down in a chair. He had ended up giving Rogue two months detention.

First, with arguing with the teacher, although he claims she deserved what he called her. Second, was for kicking the guy into the locker. That one he couldn't help. There was no way he was going to let a guy flirt with him. Lastly, was during P.E class when the teacher decided to have a inspection and found his cigarette's. He had to sit through a lecture of how bad cigarette's were and saw pictures of what it did to people's lungs.

'Like dat is really goin' to stop moi.' Remy thought to himself as a few kids entered into the mansion.

"I can't believe the Professor is going to be gone for two weeks." He heard Bobby say to Amara as they walked into the room and saw Rogue sitting there. "Hey Rogue, how are you?" Bobby asked as he took a seat next to Rogue.

"Fine." Remy answered, not wanting to bother talking to them. 'Why bother gettin close to dem, gonna be leavin' soon anyways.' He thought to himself, then he remembered what Bobby had said. 'Wait, two weeks? Mon dieu, dere is no way I can take two weeks of dis.' He thought to himself as he sat up.

"What do you mean the Professor is going to be gone for two weeks?" He asked Bobby.

"Yeah, just heard now from Scott. The Professor has a important meeting with the president to discuss things about mutants and that we are not all dangerous and stuff." He answered him. "So he'll be gone for a while." Bobby told Remy, who sunk into the chair.

'Great, two weeks of dis.' He thought to himself. 'Unless I talk to dat red haired girl.' He thought to himself.

"Guys, dinner is ready!" They heard Kitty shout from the kitchen.

'Well, I guess it ain't dat bad after all.' He smirked to himself as he got up from his chair and walked over to the kitchen. Bobby and Amara took their time, dreading dinner if Kitty was cooking. However, Remy did not know of Kitty's bad cooking.

Remy sat next to Kurt, who had a few napkins in his lap for food he planned to sneak out of the kitchen. Jean, Scott, and the others were in the dining room all sitting around the table.

'Ve are going out for somethin to eat after zis, you coming?" Kurt whispered into Rogue's ear.

'How much do you people eat? Geez and I thought we ate a lot at the base.' He thought to himself as Kitty placed food on the table. Everyone passed the food around, taking as little as possible.

"Come on guys, I took it from a cook book. It was done right." Kitty placed her hands on her hips before sitting down.

Remy looked down at the food and then looked back up at everyone else. Logan was making a face at the food and finally took a bite out of it. Storm nibbled on bits of the food with her fork.

"So what do you think?" Kitty asked, eager to hear their thoughts. Storm gave a fake smile at her and placed her fork down.

"It is delicious." She lied to the young girl, who bought it. Logan forced water down his throat while eating it.

'I should of gone out tonight.' Logan thought to himself as he looked down at the other part of his food. The others were picking at the food and hoping it would dissolve before them. Kurt would take the food and hide it in his napkins when Kitty wasn't looking. Kitty stared at Logan and waited for him to eat more.

Remy shrugged and finally picked up the food and began to eat it. The others stared at Rogue, no one, but the teachers usually ate the food Kitty cooked and that was only because they didn't want to make her feel bad. 'She is so brave.' Bobby thought to himself as he stirred his food around the plate some more.

A few seconds Remy spit the food back onto the table. 'Mon Dieu, dere tryin' to kill moi.' He thought to himself as he backed his chair away from the food.

"Come on, at least it is better than last weeks." Kitty protested as she ate some of the food she made. She chewed then made a grab for the napkin to spit it out. "Okay so maybe it didn't turn out right.' Kitty sighed to herself.

"You just need a little more practice." Storm told her as she got up from the table. The other kids got up as well and placed their dishes in the sink.

"I just wanna learn how to cook well." She said sadly as everyone, but Remy left. She had taken cooking classes at school and they still didn't seem to work.

Remy stared at her, feeling sorry for her. "If y' want I can help y' with your cooking." He told her. She looked up, tears were in her eyes.

"You know how to cook?" She asked, she didn't remember Rogue ever volunteering to cook, usually she would just order out.

"Sure." Remy told her. 'Goin to be here for a while, might as well keep monself occupied.' He thought to himself
Sign up to rate and review this story