Categories > Celebrities > Def Leppard > Caught in a Dream

Chapter 10

by robinzan 1 review

Joe Elliott has nightmares. Will they come true? A mystery from Joe's POV. XO w/ Jon Bon Jovi

Category: Def Leppard - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Horror, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-02-01 - Updated: 2006-02-01 - 1987 words

0Unrated
I bumped into Phil as I left my hotel room. "Sorry mate," I said.

"No problem," Phil said, "Where are you going?"

"Out," I replied, before continuing on.

I got into the car and took off. I had to get somewhere quiet to think. Before to long, I found myself back at the castle. I knew I shouldn't be here by myself, but I did want to get to the bottom of this. I got out of the car and walked slowly towards the door. I wondered if I could open the door myself. I somehow managed to do it. Going inside, I decided to pick up where I left off. Pulling out my flashlight, I continued looking around.

************

Back at the hotel, the guys met downstairs for dinner. "Where's Joe?" Rick asked.

"Oh he left earlier," Phil replied. Sav looked up from his menu.

"Did he say where he was going?"

"Nope. Just out," Phil replied, "He didn't seem to be in a good mood."

"Can you blame him?" Rick asked, "None of us are really in a good mood."

"That's not the only reason," Sav told them.

"What do you mean?" Rick asked.

"I said something to him earlier that maybe I shouldn't have," Sav replied.

"What? You two had a fight?" Phil was getting more curious by the minute.

"Yeah," Sav replied.

"Just wish he told me where he was going," Phil interjected.

Sav sat there for a minute, before jumping up from the table. "Oh my god! I think I know where he went," he said, before splitting.

"What? Sav, where are you going?" Rick asked.

"Back to that freaky castle!" Sav yelled back, "If I'm right, Joe's there." Phil and Rick got up and were following Sav, hot on his heels.

*************

Back at the castle, I was still looking around, finding nothing, again. "Maybe this is just a wild goose chase," I said to myself. I felt something brush past me.

I jumped, dropping my flashlight in the process. Bending down, I picked it up and tried to turn it back on. "Just great," I told myself, when it wouldn't switch on, "just bloody brilliant."

I looked around. I had to get out of there before night fell. I looked towards one of the windows. Realising how dark it was getting, I knew it was going to be hopeless. I started walking, slowly, feeling my way along the wall, and hoping to find the main door.

Finally, I found one, but when I opened it, I realised it wasn't the one that I was looking for. It was starting to get cold, and I began to shiver. Of course, I left my jacket back at the hotel. I continued looking for the main door, when I ran into something. "What the hell?" I said out loud.

I felt what I bumped into. Unfortunately, it was a skeleton. "Ewww!" I said, backing away. That's when I noticed a light in the room. "Ello," I said. No response. "Sav, is that you?" Nothing. 'This is getting creepy," I thought to myself.

I made up my mind right there, to leave. I turned around and started walking out of the room. I didn't care that I couldn't see where I was going. I just wanted to get out. I heard the footsteps following me. I decided to pick up my pace. The footsteps picked up theirs. I looked back quickly, to see nothing, but that's when I decided to run for it.

I didn't want to end up dead. All of a sudden, I stopped dead in my tracks. There, floating before me, I saw a ghost. Of course, I didn't believe in them, but there it was. I backed up. I was becoming more scared by the minute. I remembered the footsteps behind me.

I thought quickly and ran into the closest room that I saw, and slammed the door shut. I held my breath, listening for any noise. I didn't hear any. I turned around to see where I was. From the moonlight that was shining through the window, I noticed that there was some type of fluid on the floor. I followed the liquid trail, with my eyes, right up to what looked like a severed head. I screamed, and turned to open the door. It was stuck.

*****************

Sav, Rick, and Phil made it to the castle. Phil's jaw dropped opened when he saw the sight of it.

"Holy shit mate!" Rick said.

"I told you," Sav replied.

That's when they heard a scream. "That must be Joe," Rick said.

The guys ran to the castle, and pulled the door open. "Who's got a light?" Phil asked.

"I do," Sav replied, pulling out his flashlight, and turning it on.

"Where did it come from?"

"That way," Sav said, heading off in the direction he pointed out to the others.

*****************

I sank to the floor. I wanted to get out of there, but was to scared to move. I pulled my knees up to my chest, and closed my eyes, wishing that someone would come and help me. That's when I heard some noise outside. It sounded like voices. I stood up and put my ear to the door, trying to listen.

"Where are you?" one voiced called out.

"Joe!" another yelled.

I knew who it was. "Sav!" I yelled back.

"Joe! Where are you?" Sav replied.

"In here!" I yelled.

We kept yelling back and forth, so they could follow the sound of my voice to the room that I was trapped in. Finally, I heard a knock on the door.

"You in here?" Phil asked, through the door.

"Yeah, now let me out!" I yelled.

"Open the door silly," Phil said, laughing. I rolled my eyes.

"This isn't funny Collen! The door is stuck!" I yelled.

"Ok sorry," Phil said. The three of them tried to pull open the door, with no luck.

"How long have you been in there?" Rick asked.

"I don't know," I replied, loud enough for them to hear. By this time, my voice was beginning to crack and was pretty sore from yelling.

"This is not good," Sav said.

I leaned back against the door. It had grown quiet out there. I wondered if they were still there. "You holding up ok?" I heard Sav yell through the door.

"Yeah," I replied. That's when I saw the hammer come through the door. "SHIT!!!" I yelled, jumping away from the door.

"Sorry mate. Just wanted to give you some air," Sav said through the hole. I walked back over to the door.

"Phil and Rick went to find something help open this thing up," he continued.

"Ok," I said.

"Joe, about what I said earlier. I'm sorry. I didn't mean it," Sav told me.

"Really?" I asked him.

"Yes. I know that I shouldn't have saidt hat. I didn't mean to hurt you."

"I forgive you," I replied.

"Thank you. I promise, I'll make it up to you," he said.

"IF I get out of here," I reminded Sav.

"You'll get out of there. I'll make sure of that," Sav said, in his heroic tone.

I had to smile at that. I just hoped that he was right.

**

It was a couple of hours before Rick and Phil came back, with help. I was sore, tired, and weak, and was almost asleep, when I heard a loud noise outside the door.

"Sav, what's happening?" I asked.

"Those goofballs," Sav replied, "They brought back a truck with one of those balls to knock buildings down."

"Where did they find that?" I asked, before I realised what he said, "Oh my god. They're not going to.......,"

"Knock the door in," Sav finished, "I think so".

"They can't! They'll knock down the whole building!" I said in horror.

"We've got help!" Phil yelled, approaching the door.

"Is that a good idea?" Sav asked him.

"Sure. It's the easiest way to get Joe out of there."

"And the dangerous," Rick put in. From inside the room, I heard them pull up. "No no no. Phil don't you dare," I said to myself.

"Ok Joe," Phil said through the little whole, "I'm going to hit the door with this thing. You stand out of the way."

"I don't like this idea," I said.

"Relax. Everything will be fine," he replied, "Now back up."

I backed away from the door. I wanted to be as far away from the door as I could. I knew that Phil and machinery did not go hand in hand. I heard him smack the door. It gave a little. I knew this wasn't a good idea. After a few more shots to the door, it finally gave in, but in doing so, it somehow let the floor beneath me cave in, and I went down with it.

"HELP!!!!!!!!!" I yelled. I felt my leg hit something hard, and grabbed onto a part of the floor that didn't fall, and held on for dear life. I looked down to find nothing but a big hole beneath me. My head started spinning.

"Joe, what happened!?" I heard Sav yell.

"Nothing!" I yelled back, "Just hanging around!" I started laughing to myself after that.

I have a sick sense of humour at times. Sav poked his head in, and saw the floor gone. "Bloody hell," he said.

He looked down and saw me hanging on. He ran over to help. "Here, grab my hands," he said, "I'm going to pull you out."

"All by yourself?" I asked him.

He just looked at me, and pulled. "I can't pull you up," he said, struggling., "Phil! Rick! Get in here!"

They came running in and saw what happened. They both got behind Sav and pulled. "If we only had one more person, we could do it," Phil said.

"Oh come on! I'm not that heavy!" I yelled. We couldn't help but laugh. I could drop to my death at any moment, and here I am, laughing with these goofs.

"I can help," a voice said from behind Phil.

"Great. We sure could use it," he replied, turning around to find none other than Steve, standing behind him. His jaw dropped.

"Oh my g.g.g.g.g.god," Phil stuttered.

"What's going on up there?" I asked.

"Phil's stuttering," Rick replied.

"Well, tell him to hurry up," Sav said, "I'm losing my grip."

Rick turned around to get Phil and saw the sight before him. "Uh guys. You won't believe this," he started.

"Now what?" I asked, struggling to hold onto Sav.

"Steve's here," Rick replied.

"You picked a fine time to lose it Rick," Sav said.

"I didn't lose it. Look!" Rick said.

Sav turned his head to see Steve. He almost dropped me when he saw him. Luckily, he realised it before I was a goner. "But your dead," Sav said.

"I know," Steve replied, "but I'm here to help." With that said, he flew over Sav, and down to me.

"Oh great," I said, "now I'm seeing things."

"Your not seeing things," Sav said.

"I don't want to know. Just get me out of here," I said.

Steve grabbed my by the waist, and then looked at Sav, who knew immediately to let go of my hands. "Sav, you do, and you can find yourself another lead singer," I said.

"Relax Joe," Steve told me, "You'll be fine." With that, Sav let go, and I felt myself floating upwards.

"Ok, who drugged me?" I asked, as Steve put me on the ground.

"No one," Phil finally replied.

"Then it really...." I started, before Steve cut me off, "Yep."

I started to feel dizzy again, and fell into Sav.

"Whoa mate," he said, as he caught me.

"You have nothing to worry about mates," Steve said, "I will be here watching over you. Always." Then, he faded out of sight.
Sign up to rate and review this story