Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Day by day, week by week

It Wasn't Supposed To Be Like This

by Mirime 0 reviews

She waits for him to come back

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Rin - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-02-22 - Updated: 2008-02-22 - 311 words

0Unrated
Week: 6

Prompt: Second Time Around

Warnings: Angst, character death

It wasn't supposed to be like this, she thinks angrily. She is a human, a mortal, an ephemeral creature to wink out of existence before realizing what it means to truly live. He, he was her opposite, a youkai, an immortal, granted longevity far exceeding anything she could have ever imagined.

Why then is she sitting here, an old, tired woman with hair so gray it almost look white, just like his? Why is she bound to this room because her health is too fragile to endanger it in the harsh winter outside? Why is there no tall and regal figure in white, watching her without being obvious about it?

Because Fate is having a laugh at her expense.

"Will you remember Rin after she dies?"

A childish question cruelly answered in her old age. She is the one remembering him, not the other way around. She is the one waiting for him because she believes in reincarnation and knows that he will always find a way to come to her. For this reason alone, she holds out and lives, waiting for that second chance the heaven must grant them, otherwise she might start to believe there is no justice in the world.

She lives. She lives through wars and plagues and epidemics and she always waits, always hopes, always wakes up thinking that today he will finally come and take her away from this mundanity that is her life without him.

She lives, she waits. She falls sick and coughs blood but still she waits. She recovers and still and always waits. Second chance, second life, second time around, whatever it is she is waiting for, she waits.

And waiting, she closes her eyes.

Waiting, she lets herself rest.

Waiting, she breaths for the last time.

Waiting, Sesshoumaru's little girl dies.
Sign up to rate and review this story