Categories > Anime/Manga > Loveless > Tragic Accidents

Chapter 5

by Inudork08 0 reviews

It has been one night since Soubi and Ritsuka have found Seimei and brought him home. Seimei nd Soubi thought that Septimal Moon would leave Ritsuka alone, but she still trys to kill him.

Category: Loveless - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Kio,Ritsuka,Seimei,Soubi,Yuiko - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2008-02-24 - Updated: 2008-02-25 - 2224 words

0Unrated
Ritsuka sat up in the bed and began to cough, and Seimei ran in with a towel just in time to catch the vomit as Ritsuka started to gag. Seimei put a hand on Ritsuka’s back and began to rub it. Ritsuka pushed away the towel away, and looked at his Nii-san.

“Are you okay Ritsuka?”

“Yeah…I just want to go home with you.”

Seimei smiled and ruffled his little brother’s hair.

“Then get dressed and meet me by the door okay?”

Ritsuka smiled and got up to grab a pair of clothes out of his backpack and quickly got dressed. Ritsuka looked at himself in the mirror, a confused look on his face.

I thought it was my fate to die…

A soft knock on the door made Ritsuka jump, and drift away from his thoughts.

“Are you ready?”

Ritsuka nodded and headed out of the bathroom and towards Soubi’s front door. Soubi was standing there with Kio.

“Come back soon Ritsuka!”

Ritsuka nodded and went over to say his good-byes. Seimei and Ritsuka waved good-bye then went outside.

“Seimei, I’m scared about going home…I don’t know if I can handle mom yelling at me anymore.”

Just as Seimei was about to comfort his little brother a voice from behind them made Ritsuka tremble.

“Well, I thought for sure we killed you last time Ritsuka.”

Ritsuka’s eyes were wide with terror, and he couldn’t stop trembling. Before Ritsuka or Seimei had time to react one of the members of breathless was behind Ritsuka. Ritsuka sucked in a breath as his body went still and his eyes went wide. He laughed in Ritsuka’s ear and Ritsuka stifled back a gasp as a sharp pain in his back made him collapse. Then he picked up Ritsuka and retreated back to his partner.

“Ritsuka!”

“You worked so hard to find your brother Ritsuka, and you finally did. Too bad you get taken away from him so soon. You only were just reunited. I guess you two weren’t meant to be together again.”

“Put him down!”

“What are you going to do? Your partner isn’t here.”

“Yes I am.”

Everyone looked to see Soubi standing breathless at the end of the curb.

“Come on Seimei, let’s get back Ritsuka.”

Seimei nodded and took a place in front of Soubi as Soubi started chanting.
Ritsuka started coughing, spurting blood all over Breathless. In their urge to wipe it all off, they threw Ritsuka to the floor. Ritsuka yelped in pain and wriggled in agonizing pain on the floor, coughing and gagging. Seimei ran over to him and gently scooped up his brother. Ritsuka’s face was pale and blood dripped from the corner of his mouth.

“Run Soubi! Run to our house!”

Soubi started to run and Seimei was close on his heels. Soubi let Seimei pass him as they rushed through the door to his house, and up to Ritsuka and Seimei’s room.

“They can’t come here. What did they do to Ritsuka before you guys found me?”

Seimei looked at his brother who kept twitching and staring at nothing with a frightened look on his face.

“They got him alone, leaving him with injuries. It was my fault for not being there. Then he ran away when it was snowing really hard, getting hypothermia. The doctor said there was nothing else they could do for his liver. He said that it would either heal with the stitch or he will die slowly… He doesn’t even know if his coughing will ever get better.”

Seimei looked sadly at his younger brother.

“So I’m destined to die no matter what… I guess you can’t change fate.”

Soubi and Seimei looked at Ritsuka in surprise. Then loud knocks on the door made everyone jump.

“Ritsuka?! Is that you?! Why did you come back? I thought I told you to leave and never return! Get your ass out of my house!”

Seimei sighed and walked over to the door, and slowly opened it.

“Hello mother.”

Seimei’s mother’s eyes widened in shock as she looked at her long lost son.

“S-Seimei…? Is it really you?”

“Yes mother Ritsuka found me.”

Seimei’s mother’s soft looked hardened as she looked at Ritsuka. She walked past Seimei and right up to Ritsuka. Then she slapped him.

“You piece of shit! I told you not to come back! Get out! Get out of my house!”

Seimei ran over and grabbed his mother, holding her back from hurting Ritsuka anymore.

“Mother nock it off! If Ritsuka leaves then I leave too! Now stop it!”

His mother stopped and looked him in the eyes.

“Fine, but I don’t want him in the same room as me.”

“Then I guess you won’t be seeing much of either of us.”

“W-What?”

“I won’t ever leave Ritsuka again mother.”

Ritsuka started to cough and clutched his stomach.

“Ritsuka! Ritsuka!”

Seimei caught his little brother before he fell to the ground. Their mother walked weakly over to them.

“W-What’s wrong with him?”

Their mother asked in a shaky voice.

“He’s very sick mother…”

Their mother nodded and looked at Ritsuka, who was panting, and sweat was dripping down his forehead.

“Will he be okay?”

“…I don’t know mother…”

Seimei got up and handed Ritsuka to Soubi, who cleaned off the blood from Ritsuka and lied him down in his bed, covering him up.

“Come on mother, let’s let Ritsuka rest. If you want you can talk to him in the morning.”

Their mother nodded and left the room, letting Seimei and Soubi clean up the puddle of blood on the floor.

Before their mother left the room she turned around and looked at Ritsuka.

“I’m sorry Ritsuka! Please wake up! Ritsuka!”

Seimei got up and escorted his mother out of the room, gently closing the door behind them. Soubi looked at Ritsuka who lied in his bed, panting and gasping in pain.

“Ritsuka…what’s wrong with you?”

Soubi kissed him gently on the forehead and left the room. Soubi walked down the stairs to where Seimei and his father were trying to get his mother into her bedroom. When they finally accomplished it their father went with her into the room.

“Soubi…how is he doing?”

“Not too good…he keeps panting and gasping in pain…he also has a fever now.”

Seimei looked at the floor, staring at it, like there was a great show playing on it.

“You can go home Soubi, I’ll let you know how he is doing in the morning okay?”

Soubi nodded and quietly left the house. Seimei walked up to his brother’s room and quietly sat in a chair by his bed. Soon his eyes grew heavy and he fell asleep by his brother’s side.


The next morning…


Ritsuka awakened coughing, he quickly stopped when he saw his brother asleep on his bed.

“Seimei…wake up…”

Seimei’s eyes flashed open and he looked at his little brother who smiled weakly at him.

“Ritsuka!”

Both of their eyes flew to the doorway and there they saw their mother standing. Ritsuka looked tiredly at her while Seimei stood up to help their mother in the room. Seimei helped her sit down, then Seimei looked at his little brother, he could tell his eyes were glazed with pain.

“I’m sorry Ritsuka…. I didn’t mean to hit you… I’m so sorry!”

Their mother fell onto the bed and began to sob. Ritsuka weakly lifted his hand rested it on her head. She looked up and saw his weak smile.

“Do you forgive me?”

“Yes…mother…I do…”

Their mother smiled and it was, something Ritsuka hasn’t seen in a long time.

“Mother…you laughed…”

“I’m just so happy Ritsuka, of all the times I’ve hit you, you forgave me. It makes me really happy.”

Ritsuka smiled then began to cough uncontrollably.

Ritsuka pushed away the hands that held him and the covers that kept him warm and ran towards the bathroom.

“Ritsuka open the door! Ritsuka!”

Seimei screamed, banging on the door. Ritsuka got up shakily from the toilet and opened the door, collapsing in Seimei’s arms.

“Ritsuka?”

“I’m tired Seimei…”

Seimei nodded and looked at his mother.

“Pack a small bag for Ritsuka okay?”

“What?”

“I’m taking him to the hospital. The doctors have to be able to do something.”

Their mother nodded and went over to start packing Ritsuka a small bag.

“Tell dad, I’m going to have him drive us okay?”

“Okay, and I’m coming too.”

Seimei nodded and started heading towards the garage where the car was. He buckled him up and made sure he was covered up. Then he took out his cell phone and dialed Soubi’s number. Soubi picked up on the third ring.

“Hello?”

“Soubi, I’m taking Ritsuka to the hospital.”

“How is he doing? What’s wrong with him?”

“He’s as cold as a block of ice, and this morning he got up and ran to the bathroom and threw up. He’s getting worse. The doctors have to do something.”

“I see…so he’s gotten worse…I’ll be over a soon as I can okay?”

Soubi turned over to look at Kio whose arm was draped over Soubi’s waist.

“I…have to take care of something.”

Then Soubi clicked his cell phone shut.

“Who was that?”

Kio asked sleepily as Soubi turned him on his back and sat on top of him.

“Ritsuka has gotten worse, he’s going to the hospital.”

“Aren’t you going to go and see him?”

“Yes, are you going to come?”

“Yes.”

Kio pushed Soubi off of him and started to get dressed. Then they both left and hurried to the hospital.


“Are you guys ready?”

Their father asked Seimei and their mother.

“Yes.”

Ritsuka grunted in pain twitching and grasping Seimei’s shirt, tighter, and tighter.

“Hang in there Ritsuka.”

“Se-Seimei…it hurts…all over…”

“I know, just hang on. We are gonna get you some help okay?”

Ritsuka looked up at Seimei with eye’s glossed in pain.

“It’s too late Seimei…it’s too late…you can’t change my fate…I was supposed to die…where Septimal Moon was…it’s too late…I’m sorry…Seimei……”

Ritsuka took in a big gulp of air then gently sighed and closed his eyes.

“Ritsuka! Ritsuka! Come on, wake up Ritsuka!”

Seimei gently shook his brother but his brother just went limp and dangled like a noodle when Seimei shook him.

“Stop the car! Stop the car!”

Their mother screamed as she began to crawl in the back seat. Their father immediately pulled over and opened Seimei’s door. Seimei got out and lied Ritsuka down on the seat and began to perform CPR on him.

“1, 2, 3…”

Seimei pulled away and listened for a heart beat.

………….

Nothing. Seimei began to do it again and again. Then a car honked and pulled up next tp their car. It was Soubi.

“Seimei, what’s wrong?”

Soubi yelled as he ran over to Seimei.

“He quit breathing!”

Then they all looked up when a cop car pulled up behind them.

“Is there a problem here folks?”

“My little brother quit breathing! Please, you have to help us!”

The cop looked at the little boy in Seimei’s arms and walked over to him. “Get in your car. I’ll help you with the traffic. Seimei got back in the car with Ritsuka and continued to perform CPR.

“Come on Ritsuka…breathe dammit! Breathe!”

Ritsuka took a small gasp and began to cough.

“Oh thank god…thank god.”

Seimei squeezed his brother as Ritsuka weakly went to sleep. When they got to the hospital Seimei and Soubi ran through the door the cop close on their heels.

“It’s an emergency! Please!”

Rebecca fumbled for the phone calling down doctors and nurses.

“I don’t see any wounds, get him on Life Support and into a room!”

Soubi, Seimei, and Seimei’s parents all stood in a corner in the small room. Watching as nurses worked on hooking him up to machines. The nurses walked out of the room and let Seimei, Soubi and everyone else sit around Ritsuka’s bed. The sound of Ritsuka’s steady breathing reassured everyone. Then the door opened and Ritsuka’s doctor came in.

“I didn’t think that his liver would affect him this much.”

“Isn’t there anything you can do?”

“No…either his body will heal itself or he will loose so much blood from coughing, that he will die. All we can do is watch him closely and wait. Which one of you are going to stay here with him?”

“I will.” Seimei said.

“Everyone else is going to have to leave at six thirty.”

Everyone nodded and focused on Ritsuka. Six thirty came and Seimei said his good-byes and then returned to Ritsuka. He sat on the chair beside him and grabbed Ritsuka’s limp, cold hand.

“Come on Ritsuka…I know you’re stronger than this…just open your eyes please…”
Sign up to rate and review this story