Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Half Way Around The World

Collapsing, Concern And Confusion

by fob2adelaide 2 reviews

Emily and Patrick take a walk backstage but Emily isn't feeling too well...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-02-26 - Updated: 2008-02-27 - 892 words - Complete

0Unrated
Finally after an encore, Fall Out Boy finished their set. They exited the stage and walked up to Emily and Sarah who were clapping and cheering along with the audience for them. Emily had been really impressed with the entire set and she congratulated the guys on a fantastic performance. Sarah, however, seemed to have thought Pete Wentz was the sole member of Fall Out Boy. She turned to him and hugged him while saying, “Great job.” The rest of Fall Out Boy and Emily looked awkwardly at the ground as Sarah and Pete ignored them and whispered to each other. Emily, seeing, as there wasn’t much point in hanging around the side of the stage with two people oblivious to her, decided she’d get a drink of water as she felt very thirsty. The lights on stage had made her dehydrated. She began walking down the corridor backstage when Patrick called out from behind her.
“Wait up Emily!” He yelled out. Emily stopped and waited for him to catch up. He caught up and they began walking together.
“So you did a good job playing guitar tonight,” Patrick said as they turned into another corridor.
“Thanks Patrick,” Emily replied looking around at him.
He looked back at her and smiled, “So how about playing for the next two nights? I’d like that if you could.”
“Sure, I’d love to. The only thing is that I find the lights really dehydrate me. I’m getting a drink of water now because of it,” Emily said as she suddenly felt a little dizzy from her thirstiness.
“Thirsty then?” Patrick asked raising his eyebrows.
“Yeah, I actually feel like I’m going to...” Emily had to stop speaking as a wave of dizziness came over her. She leant against the wall and tried to keep her balance. Patrick stopped and looked at Emily concerned
“Are you okay?” Patrick asked Emily in a gentle voice.
“I just need some water and fresh air I think,” Emily said as the dizziness left her. She turned from facing the wall to Patrick. “I’ll get a drink of water and then can we maybe go outside?”
Patrick nodded and they began walking again to get the drink of water. Emily noticed that Patrick was still looking at her concerned as they walked. Every now and then he would look over at her and a concerned look would enter his face. Emily felt comforted and happy that Patrick was concerned for her. It seemed like a good sign that he cared for her. Emily and Patrick reached the refrigerator with drinks in it and she grabbed a bottle of water to take with her outside to drink. They began walking to the exit and Emily began to feel a little better, so she started a conversation with Patrick. She wanted to suss out if he might have any feelings at all towards her.
She began talking, “So Patrick, I’m really…” Emily stopped in mid-sentence as another sudden wave of dizziness came over her and she lost her balance. She stopped walking and tried to stop herself from falling. But she couldn’t stop herself.
“Patrick…” Emily whispered as she began to collapse. Patrick managed to catch her before she hit the ground and he gently laid her on the floor. Brushing some hair out of Emily’s eyes, Patrick whispered to her, “Wake up Emily, come on.”
Emily didn’t wake.
Patrick picked her up and began carrying her to his dressing room. He was half way there when Emily stirred. She opened her eyes to see hers level with Patrick’s who spoke, “You’re awake,” he whispered to her as they reached his dressing room and put her down on the couch in there.
“Yeah,” Emily smiled. She suddenly realized that Patrick must have saved her from crashing to the ground so she added “Thanks Patrick, for everything.”
Patrick sat down next to her, “It’s fine. I wasn’t going to let you crash to the ground was I?” Patrick laughed and Emily joined in.
Emily tried to sit up as she laughed at Patrick’s comment but failed as she felt faint again. Patrick’s face turned from happiness to concern as Emily laid back down again looking quite pale.
“Emily, I’m going to get an ambulance alright?” Patrick stated, “I think you need to get checked out if you still feel dizzy.”
Emily really didn’t want to go to hospital right now but she nodded and agreed to going as she felt so sick. Patrick got up and grabbed his cell phone, “I’m going to ring for an ambulance and then I’m going to get Sarah because I think she needs to know her friend isn’t well.”
Emily nodded again and closed her eyes trying to keep herself calm. She couldn’t believe how sick she felt. She’d never felt this unwell and she didn’t understand why it was happening. It couldn’t be just because of dehydration could it? Then she thought that it was embarrassing being so unwell in front of Patrick, but yet in collapsing, she had been able to confirm that Patrick was indeed special and that she wasn’t going to stop liking him anytime soon.
Sign up to rate and review this story