Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Half Way Around The World

An Ambulance, Admitting And Anxiety

by fob2adelaide 4 reviews

Emily is about to go to hospital, but not before romance is brought up...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-03-07 - Updated: 2008-03-07 - 902 words - Complete

1Original
Emily listened as Patrick rang for the ambulance. He chatted on his cell phone for a few minutes about Emily’s condition before hanging up and walking over to her.
“How are you feeling?” He asked her gently.
“I’m okay for the moment,” Emily said looking up at Patrick from the couch.
He nodded, “Would you like me to go and find Sarah now?”
“Sure, that would be great,” Emily said sitting up a little.
“I’ll be as quick as I can,” Patrick promised.
“Well I won’t be going anywhere anyway!” Emily joked.
Emily laughed at her joke but had to stop as a wave of nausea came over her. Patrick’s smile from the joke suddenly turned into a frown as he saw Emily’s face go pale. He bent down to her level and looked her in the eye.
“It’s back isn’t it?” He asked in a concerned voice.
“It’s fine,” Emily said quietly, “Go and find Sarah…I’ll be okay.”
Patrick looked a little skeptical about Emily’s comment and condition but didn’t press the subject. Instead he stood up and said, “Back soon,” and headed out of the room to get Sarah.
Emily sighed and adjusted her position on the couch. She wondered why she was feeling so sick? She’d never felt this dizzy and tired before, and she was confused as to what it was that was making her so ill. She thought that it couldn’t be dehydration, as it was too bad for that. Emily just hoped that the doctors at the hospital would be able to shed some light on what was going on with her right now.
Suddenly, her thoughts were interrupted as the door opened and Sarah came rushing in followed by Patrick. Sarah practically ran over to Emily and enveloped her in a tight hug before sitting down next to her on the couch.
“Patrick said you fainted,” she stated in an anxious voice to Emily.
“I did, but I’ll be okay,” Emily said to calm Sarah down. The truth was, Emily wasn’t sure that she’d be alright, but Sarah looked so worried that she felt the need to just keep her friend at ease for now.
Patrick walked up to the two girls from where he had been standing, “I’ll go and wait for the ambulance outside, give you two some time to talk,” he said kindly to Sarah and Emily.
Sarah smiled, “Thanks a lot Patrick.”
He acknowledged her with a nod and went to go out of the door when Emily called out, “Hang on Patrick,” to him.
He turned around and looked at Emily inquisitively. Emily took a deep breath and felt nervous and embarrassed about what she was about to say, but she knew she had to say it.
“What you did for me tonight, I appreciate it so much and who knows what would have happened if you hadn’t have been there to help?” She said quietly while blushing a little.
Patrick smiled shyly, “Thanks Emily, I’m glad I was there to help,” he said before opening the door and heading out to wait for the ambulance.
Sarah shifted position on the couch after Patrick had left the room and looked at Emily.
“Okay, I know you’re going to deny it,” she said rather loudly, “But you do like Patrick…and judging by the look he just gave you, he likes you too.”
Emily grinned, “I’m not denying it. I do like him…now.”
“Finally she admits it!” Sarah said excitedly.
Emily laughed a little but then her face turned into a disenchanted look as she felt dizzy all of a sudden.
“Are you feeling sick again?” Sarah asked.
“No,” Emily said avoiding the topic of her sickness, “I just think that Patrick…well he wouldn’t like me would he? I’m just a friend to him I think.”
Sarah patted Emily on the shoulder, “No, just trust me, he likes you.”
Emily felt a little better at Sarah’s comment and so decided it was time to change the subject to Sarah and Pete.
“So what’s happening with Pete now?” She inquired to Sarah as she lay back because she was feeling a little faint again.
“Well after you went, we went to his dressing room.”
“And---“ Emily said wanting to know what had happened.
“I don’t remember!” Sarah said teasingly, “Seems to have slipped my mind!”
“Tell,” Emily said seriously, “Now.”
“Alright, alright!” Sarah threw her hands in the air, “He asked me out.”
It was now Emily’s turn to hug Sarah before saying, “That’s great.”
Then the door opened and Emily looked around to see Patrick come into the room with two paramedics. She introduced herself to the ambulance personnel and they checked her over before deciding that she would have to go to the ambulance by wheelchair, as it was too dangerous for her to walk. Emily felt very embarrassed, having to go in a wheelchair in front of Patrick, but she complied and sat in it. The paramedics then wheeled her out to the ambulance with Patrick and Sarah walking behind her. As she was transferred to the ambulance, it suddenly hit her that she was going to hospital, and that was serious, wasn’t it? It was.
Sign up to rate and review this story