Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Will Always B the 1

Were Going Down Down in an Earlier Round...

by Syn_INC 1 review

~the one where Joey comes to visit and Andrea gets served~

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2008-03-03 - Updated: 2008-03-04 - 2144 words

0Unrated
Chapter 6:
~*~
Monday, March 12, 2007
Northwestern Hospital
Paytons room
~*~
I sat there with baby and just held her.
We fell asleep together and her breathing kept me in a light doze. Shannon walked in about 3 hours later and shook me gently.
"Andrea I'm about to take off but there's someone here who wants to see you." Shannon whispered.
I looked at the clock above the door and blinked my eyes into focus. It was 530a and a new nurse would be on at 6a. Shannon was leaving until tonight.
"Who's on?" I asked.
"Andie Sanchez." Shannon said laughing.
"God that's right."
I stood up, put Payton in her bed as Shannon helped me untangle the baby's various tubing.
"Thank's sweety." I sighed, "who's gonna be her nurse?"
"Chris and Dorian is here until 7a." Shannon responded glancing at the board in her hand.
"Wait- who's here?" I asked.
"Me and Sebastian." Another voice said sticking her head in the door.
"Joey!" I said laughing.
"Guily by association." She responded as we ran to each other and shared a hug I couldn't believe it, she was actually here, "how's my little Hummingbird?" she asked as she walked over to my daughter
"Spent. You will never believe the week we've had."
"I can believe it." She said running her hand down Paytons arms
"You brought Sebastian?"
"He wanted to see her-"
"He's 1 Joey."
"Eh."
"Anyways. I'm oncall in like 20 minutes and I have to take a 10 minute shower. I'll see you though."
"Yea." She said as I walked out the room to the nurses station.
"Where'd she come from?" Shannon asked, "I haven't seen Joey around here in a while."
"Overseas conducting business. She doesn't dig hospitals." I said sighing at the craziness that is Josephine Swift my best friend
"And this is your daughters Godmother?"
"It is what it is."
I went to take a shower and let the warm water cascade over my body. All these thoughts running through my head and I placed my forehead on the cold tile. No more blood. No more tears. No more anyone hurting my baby.
My mind ran through that day I found out I was pregnant. It was a good feeling despite the loneliness I felt at that momment. We all know I was scared and the moment I found out I wanted to call Patrick. I even worked up the nerve to call Lupe then lupe announced his engagement to Anna who he was dating at the time and I was floored. I knew I couldn't do it then.
Payton was born.
She was so small, so perfect.
My mom, brother and Joey were present and then I wanted to tell Patrick. But I couldn't because who would believe me.
Then my perfect angel got sick, this was what made me finally find Patrick.
All my worst fears came true when he denyed her over and over. Its Ok though, I didn't need him. All I needed was his marrow. He doesn't have to be in her life, if there was only another way...
I quickly jumped out the shower, grabbed a new pair of scrubs, towel dryed my wet hair and put it in a ponytail. I had 5 minutes before the start of my shift and I went to Payton's room.
"Joey. How's life?" I asked picking up Sebastian.
"Fine I guess. Hey! You know that new commercial with Justin Timberlake?" Joey said with a smile.
"Yea?"
"My commercial."
"Really?"
"Yes! What am I doing? I came because I got your email. This shit head. He really asked for a test? Is he kidding me? I got knives sharpened."
"How are you someones mother?" I asked laughing and putting sebastian down near his toys.
"I don't know. They give those things out to anyone." Joey said pointing to Sebastian.
"How's his dad?" I asked.
"I don't know. I couldn't deal with him and his Irish ass."
"Retard. What's with us and thse crazy irishmen?" I said shaking my head thinking about Patrick
"I was gonna move back to Chicago and work from this production company here. Do you have any space for a woman and her kid? Only until I find my own place."
"Sure. You know you can stay with me, you never have to ask, your rooms are still there"
"Good times. Now leave so I can bond with my Hummingbird."
I kissed Payton and Sebastian as I went to clock in.
For a change there wasn't that much to do on my floor. I made my rounds and went back to stand infront of Payton's room. She stirred because Sebastian was smacking her in the nose with his binky and Joey stopped him. I laughed lightly at our kids banter. They were too cute for words sometimes. I don't know what I'd do without my baby.
Joey was running her fingers through Payton's hair leaning on the bed. She then put Sebastian to lay down next to Payton and they all watched each other.
I walked away to go do some paperwork and was back 4 hours later on a break. I was about to walk into the room when my phone started to ring. It was my mom, she was gonna be around with my brother later. That was good Payton loved them. Especially Danny and his craziness.
Payton had opened her eyes and turned to see who was lying next to her. She kicked Sebastian and jumped when she saw Joey. Her little arms went as far as they would let her and Sebastian woke up and gave her a hug.
"How's my Hummingbird?" Joey asked.
"Sad." Payton responded talking through her binky.
"Come on Hummingbird. I told you. When you talk to me. You give me your binky."
Payton looked at Joey and then to me. I nodded my head and she took her binky out her mouth and put it in Joey's open hand.
"Mean man make hurt." Payton said pointing to her arm.
"Bastard. Did he? I'll go poke him for you. Does that sound good?"
Payton shook her head yes and Sebastian gave his weird look. They both looked at each other like that and then Payton took her binky out Joey's hand. She then tried to hand it to Sebastian. He looked at her and before I could make a move they swapped Binky's.
"That was gross you 2." Joey said laughing, "she's not gonna get sick is she?" Joey asked looking at me
"She'll be fine."
"What happened to her arm Andie?" Joey asked.
"Dr. Joe's-Fucking-Dad-dipshit."
"I can see there's some hostility there."
"Dude. Its just. I'm so spent on them coming in here like a bad Mexican radio station and Vivian does she or doesn't she have a penis Thomas wants me to sign something to keep this out the public. Are you kidding? I spent all her life trying to keep her from that."
"Oh no you'd use your kid as a pawn in this evil game totally." Joey stated.
"You know? I'm like forget it. They can't find her vein because they're just too small now and they poked her 5 times and I'm like f this. No more."
"High 5."
Before I knew it my break was over and I got up to do another set of rounds. Nurse Grace came in to change all of Payton's tubing and Sebastian looked like he was going to hurt Grace. Payton cringed and Joey held on to Sebastian as he wiggled in her grasp trying to save HIS Payton from this evil woman.
"No, no, no, sweety. Grace isn't hurting her. She's just cleaning everything." Joey responded at this Sebastian seemed to calm down a bit but still kept on eye on Grace.
"How old is he?" Grace asked laughing at the little protective boy across the bed.
"He's 14 months."
"They're 2 months apart?"
"They are."
"Nice."
Payton was all nice and clean but now she was itchy. Whenever she got new dressing she was like this for a while.
It must have been 745p when I sat in the room again with everyone.
"Do you work tomorrow?" Joey asked.
"No. Grace needs more hours. She'll work for me. I'm so tired Joey." I stated.
"You look tired. When was the last time you slept in your own bed?"
I crooked my head and looked in the corner.
"That long?" Joey questioned putting Sebastian in the Pack N Play as he fell asleep, "so you sleep in an oncall room?"
"Yea. Or here."
It must have been 830p when there was a buzz in the hallway.
I stepped outside and was face to face with Petrick.
"Petrick, how nice of you'es to come through." I said coldly.
Pete then backed up and Patrick moved to the side as I noticed they had something in their hand.
"The fuck is this?" I demanded.
"Its a court order." Petrick said together.
"Pete. Shut up." Patrick stated.
"Fine." Pete grumbled.
"A court order for the fuck what?" Joey asked coming out the room.
"Who are you?" Dr. Trohman asked.
"What's it matter?"
"Joey. Please. A court order for what?" I demanded for a 2nd time.
"Its been leaked that-" Vivian said out of nowhere.
"Well."
Pete went to PerezHilton.com on his Iphone and there came up pictures of the guys leaving the hospital. Then there were speculation. People who said they were in the childrens ward. I couldn't believe my eyes, I didn't say anything.
"Are you kidding?" I said laughing, "that's a gossip site!" I said walking into Paytons room having everyone follow
"Either or. We need a Paternity test." Vivian said coldly.
Joey stood there and Payton just screamed as she saw Dr. Trohman again. She burried herself in Joey's William Rast t-shirt and Joey just held her close.
"Mean man! Mean man!" Payton screamed.
"You've fucking traumatized her enough goddamn me." Joey yelled, "and you Patrick. You should be ashamed of yourself." Patrick looked at her confused. In his mind he was thinking 'who the hell are you'
"I've seen you somewhere before." Pete said out of nowhere pointing to Joey.
"In your dreams maybe Peter." And she turned back to Patrick
"In your heart of hearts you know this poor child is yours and I will not have you taking anymore blood while she recouperates."
"We have a court order." Vivian stated.
"Come back with a warrent. Because this is garbage."
"Who are you?" Patrick demanded suddenly
"If anything happens to Andie. Payton belongs to me. Now. If that'll get your penis hard Vivian go get me a warrent."
They looked at Joey like she was nuts and I remembered what she said was true.
"What are we doing?" Dr. Trohman asked.
"Getting a warrent." Vivian stated walking away dialing her phone.
"Stop! Everyone just stop!" Patrick yelled.
Patrick took his hand out of his pocket and pleaded with me.
"Andie?" Patrick begged.
"Continue." Joey said rocking Payton from side to side.
"I need to know."
"What's so hard to believe?" I asked looking at him as Joey glared
"I have these people telling me I have to..."
"What did your mom tell you?" Joey asked suddenly
"She-" he started but didn't finish looking at Joey
"No Patrick. What did she tell you!"
Patrick's eyes darkened and he looked like he wasn't going to take any mess from Joey. She wanst going to fuck with his head.
"I want a test. And I'll have your warrent." Patrick said darkly. Turning to walk away
"You know what-"
Joey moved Payton's hair out of her face and grabbed 3 strands. Payton flinched and made the funniest face rubbing the side of her head where the hairs were pulled out.
"There you go." Joey said giving her hair to Dr. Trohman, "and- here."
Before Patrick knew what hit him he was on the receiving end of someone pulling out his hair. He gave the same look Payton had seconds before and he rubbed his head.
"Go test that." Joey stated and Patrick looked at Dr Trohman with a questioning glance.
"You can test hair. But that's going to be 3 days longer." Dr. Trohman whispered.
"We've complied and there's no harm, no foul here. The courts will agree to that." I mumbled.
"I-" Vivian stated.
"Shut up Vivian." Petrick said together walking away.
The hospital was quite again and all that was being heard were the beeping of Payton's random monitors.
"So there is some sort of genius in that blond head of yours." I said laughing.
"Thank you. I saw it on CSI at about 620p this evening." Joey stated.
"Its a good thing too because they were going to have to fight me for her blood."
I said in a menecing tone Joey laughed
"Sugar were going down swinging!" she sang and I laughed as I rolled my eyes
Sign up to rate and review this story