Categories > Original > Drama > Green Grass& Music To My Ears.

Green Grass& Music To My Ears.

by KissedByANerd 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-03-02 - Updated: 2008-03-04 - 948 words

0Unrated
It was hot outside as we walked down the street and the sun set over the horizon.
The three of us, arms around each other.
Judy, my best friend, Austin, her brother, and myself.
The three of us did everything together.
I saw a more mezmorizing sight than the setting sun,
the eyes of my secret love.
The secret beat of my heart,
my best friend's brother. "Let's go to the beach." That was Austin. His black curly hair swayed in the wind.

"Ahh.." Judy sighed clutching my arm. "We cant, Me and Callie are going to Rhythm and Beat." Rhythm and Beat is a music store by Ollies skate park.

"Ohh." He said looking at the ground. "Right, I have to go to Justin's today anyway, why not go early." I smiled. Austin caught my eye and smiled back. We walked a couple more blocks up the streat and dropped Austin off at Justin's house. "Dont wait up." Judy yelled up to him. He gave her a thumbs up sign and walked into the small house. We lived in Fresno, California. Me and my family moved here when I was 5 and have lived here ever since. Judy put her arm around my shoulder and leaned on me as we walked along First streat. "I met this really cute guy at Ollies yesterday." Judy said giving me one of her looks. I rolled my eyes. "Thats great Judy." She laughed and pushed me onto the grass. "Not for me, Cow." Yes, she called me Cow. not like fat cow...just Cow. She has called me that ever since 3rd grade and it kinda stuck. I regained my balance and grabbed her arm. She looked back at me and smiled. "C'mon Ju, you know I like a guy already."
"Ooh, right. This mystery guy you refuse to tell me about. I am your best friend, you should tell me someday. You know, I think Austin has a thing for you. But I didn't think you liked him."
"Haha, your brother...?"
"Is there a problem that he likes you?"
"He really likes me?!" I said excitedly, clasping a hand over my mouth, blushing when I realized what I said.
"Sometimes you freak me out, Cow." I smiled faintly and pulled her into Rhythm and Blues. I slid on my jacket and sighed. I hate when its really warm outside and you finally get used to the heat then you go into a store and it freezing. "Callie.." Judy pulled me behind the Oldies rack. "What?" She put her hand over my mouth and pointed. I looked to where she was pointing and rolled my eyes. "Who is that?" I said lowerng my voice.

"That is the guy from Ollies!" I looked at Judy and then the guy. He was cute. Shaggy blonde hair and big green eyes. I stood up and smoothed out my skirt. Judy looked at me and smiled. "Andrew!"
"Hey Jude!" he sung as if he thought he was Paul Mcartney or something. Judy blushed and grabbed my arm, pulling me in front of him. "This is Callie, the girl I was telling you about." "Oh, yeah. The famous 'Cow'. More beautiful than I thought you'd be." "Ha, well, cows are pretty hot, right?" Oh my god, did I really just say that? That was the stupidest thing ever! I thought to myself. "Heh heh, maybe we could get together sometime." he said smoothly, ruffling that gorgeous head of hair he had. "That sounds grool... Oh my god. I meant to say great but I started saying cool." "Haha, it's fine. Well, here's my number. Call me anytime, it'll be... 'grool'." he said, so charming.

*
We reached my house and I opened the front door. "John im not going to discuss this with you right now!" My mom said sternly. "Barb, this isnt a joke we need to tell Callie and Jordan about this." I shushed Judy and I gently closed the door. "I said im not discussing this right now!" I sucked in my breath. "Im home!" I said walking into the living room where my mom and dad were standing. "Hello Judy, how is your parents?" She smiled. "Fine Ms. Green." My mom smiled her fake smile she puts on for my friends when her and my dad get into a fight...which isnt often.

I grabbed Judy's arm and pulled her up to my room. I shut my door and leaned on it. "If my mom and dad are arguing over whatever they cant tell me and Jordan it has to be big." Judy sat on my bed and shrugged. "My parents argue all the time, its no big deal." I put my hair up into a messy bun and looked at her. "Judy, your parents got divorsed." She nodded. "That was a bad example sorry." I smirked and closed my eyes. "It's okay." She laughed and stood up. "Give me your cell phone." I opened my eyes and reached into my pants pocket. I handed her my cell phone. She walked over to my desk and picked up the piece of paper Andrew gave me. She flipped open my cell-phone and dialed his number. "Judy." She shushed me and waited. "Hey Andrew, its Judy." She smiled. "Yeah..Callie wanted to know if you wanted to go out with her tomorrow at Twelve." She waited and stared at me. "Okay, she will see you then...see ya." Judy shut the phone and threw it on my purple bed. "He said yes!" I stood up and smiled. "Really? He said yes?" She nodded and opened my closet door. "We need to pick out your clothes."
Sign up to rate and review this story