Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Alone in the Heart

Alone in the Heart

by lagpcg 1 review

Disclaimer: Inuyasha does not belong to me(though I wish it did) Kagome is bleeding. Not from any cuts, but a broken heart. How long can she bear the guilt before she caves in?

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Inuyasha,Kagome,Miroku,Naraku,Sango,Shippo - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2008-03-10 - Updated: 2008-03-11 - 712 words - Complete

0Unrated
Inuyasha’s POV

“There’s another one over here!” I shouted to Kagome. We were battling demons again, and one of her arrows would definitely finish the job. I watched her pull back on the string. She looks so pretty when she does that. The blue purifying glow of the arrow left an imprint on my vision. Now that the demons were dead, we had to go look for a place to spend the night. Probably one of the inns that Miroku sensed a “presence” over.

“We have been looking for 3 hours.” I growled, “Let’s just sleep outside tonight!”. Everybody was too tired to argue, so I found a suitable place for us to camp. I watched from my tree as Kagome set up her blankets. Feh. Who cares about her. It’s not like I want to look at her. After all, she is stubborn, weak, pretty, smart…I blinked. How did my thoughts turn around like that?

I realized I was the only one awake. Hopping down from the branch, I realized Kagome was shivering. In that one moment, I took into account all of my emotions. I couldn’t stand not showing how much I cared about Kagome. I placed my haori on her. If only she knew what I was feeling at that moment. Right there and then, I decided what I had to do.
Tell her.

Kagome’s POV

Brrr… I’m so cold. Inuyasha made us camp out in the wild again. When I wake up tomorrow, I’m going to sit him to hell. I eventually dozed off. Sometime in the night, I thought I saw Inuyasha next to me. The look in his eyes was… tender. Caring. Nah. Couldn’t be. I’m just Inuyasha’s Jewel Shard Detector. What did I eat that would give me such a strange dream?

I woke up to the sounds of chirping birds. I felt something hairy under my arms. Did Shippo sleep with me again? I cracked open my eyes. It was Inuyasha's haori. “It wasn’t a dream!”I shrieked. Oops. Out loud.” What wasn’t, Kagome?” queried Sango. “Nothing, nothing…” I replied,” I think there’s a hot spring near here. Wanna go?” We left together.
Sinking into warm water didn’t relax me, but actually made me think about last night’s incident. “Do you think Inuyasha likes me, Sango?” I asked as nonchalantly as I could. Sango just stared.” You mean you haven’t figured out by now?”. “ What?!” I squealed. “He’s obviously in love with you.” My face turned beet red, and I could feel my heart pounding in my chest.

I heard a noise, and turned around to see Inuyasha. “SIT!!!”

Miroku’s POV

Morning came, and I woke to the sound of Kagome yelling. I would normally have asked what was wrong, but Sango was sitting right in front of my face. I reached out for a feel, but… too late. Sango got up and left with Kagome, probably for a bath. I decided to wait a while, then follow them.

The sounds of voices slowly disappeared through the woods. Getting up, I noticed Inuyasha silently following Kagome. Ohoho, what’s this I see. Inuyasha wanting to get flattened into the ground again? Well let’s get some breakfast entertainment. I slipped after Inuyasha. I was about to emerge from the woods to glimpse my sweet Sango, when I heard “SIT!!!”Thump.

I ran back to the campsite. My inner lecher was telling me that if I played innocent, I could avoid a couple of painful lumps to the head. If Inuyasha hadn’t been pressed into the dirt, he probably would have smelled me.SighSo much for seeing Sango. She came back fully dressed. If only she would let me see her-“Oww…” What hit me? “Get your mind out of the gutter, Monk!” exclaimed Sango. So much for my lecher’s intuition. Rubbing the lump on my head, I went to go get some of the ramen that Kagome had prepared for breakfast.

PLEASE REVIEW, IT'S MY FIRST FANFIC!
PS:I am sincerely sorry for firstly, this chapter being so short, and secondly, any grammar or spelling mistakes I make during this Fanfiction. Arigato.
Sign up to rate and review this story