Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Alone in the Heart

Empty in the Heart

by lagpcg 1 review

Kagome is bleeding. Not from any cuts, but a broken heart. How long can she bear the guilt before she caves in?

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Inuyasha,Kagome,Miroku,Naraku,Sango,Shippo - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2008-03-10 - Updated: 2008-03-11 - 1053 words - Complete

0Unrated
Kagome’s POV

How dare Inuyasha spy on me! Sometimes that guy really gets on my nerves. I ran to get dressed before the rosary necklace let up. Next time I see him, maybe I’ll give a piece of my mind. Not that he would want it. At least Miroku has some restraint. It’s decided. I’m going to talk to Inuyasha.

After I served some ramen, I pulled Inuyasha aside. “Inuyasha, I need to-“ “Talk to you.” Inuyasha finished my sentence for me. We both gaped. “You go first.” I offered to Inuyasha. I didn’t want to keep him waiting, he looked really nervous. He probably would’ve drowned in his own sweat if I had gone.

“I’ve been so confused these past couple of days. About you and Kikyo. But I finally realized that…”he took a deep breath
“I lo-“We both heard a scream from the forest. It sounded like a child. I got on Inuyasha’s back, and he sprang off in the direction of the commotion. What was Inuyasha going to say? Why did he have the same look in his eyes from last night? I’ll just sleep on it.
Little did I know how true those words would be.

Inuyasha’s POV

I was about to confess to Kagome. I was sweating all over, and my heart was beating so loudly that I was sure she could hear it.”I lo-“. I was interrupted by a scream of pure terror. I smelt demons all over. How did I not notice that scent before? Kagome climbed on my back as usual. I launched off towards the forest, but not before savoring Kagome’s flowery scent. Oh god, now Miroku’s turned me into a pervert. Soon I’ll start groping Kagome.

I landed in the clearing, only to find a great puddle of blood. Smelled like…”Shippo!” I shouted. Kagome heard, and my nostrils were filled with the salty smell of her tears. Her body was shaking with unheard sobs. She got off my back, and collapsed into the blood. I knew better than anyone how she had loved that kit as if he were her own son. Only because of the amount of times he’s stopped me from confessing to Kagome. He doesn’t leave her side for a second!

My sharp nose caught another scent, but a loathed one. It was the scent of Naraku. I went to calm down Kagome as Sango and Miroku ran into the gory scene.

Sango’s POV

I had just slapped Miroku for the 8th time that day (For god’s sake, does he have to be such a pervert?) when I heard something that I recognized as Shippo’s yelp. I felt a demon presence, and looking at Miroku’s face, he had sensed it too. Unless that last hit knocked him silly. I do hit pretty hard. I took off on Kirara, dragging Miroku along.

When we got there, it was a confusing scene. The glade was drenched in blood, and Kagome was lying on the ground sobbing, while Inuyasha attempted to calm her. “What happened here?” I asked him. He replied in a whisper, explaining how Naraku had come and kidnapped Shippo. I went and picked up Kagome from her spot on the ground.

I took her back to the campsite. Her knees were scraped, and I got out some of that liquid she uses on our cuts. It stings like hell, but it does seem to heal faster. I patted her on the back, muttering reassurances. But inside, I was just as torn up as Kagome. She looked up, puffy-eyed, and I looked at her drenched cheeks. This time we both burst into tears, sharing the pain together.

Shippo’s POV

I was just gathering acorns in the forest, when I heard a rustle in the trees.”I-Inuyasha…”Rustle.”You can come out now...”Rustle thump.”This isn’t funny! Stop it!” I was seriously scared by now. “On the contrary, I find this game quite amusing.” Drawled a voice that I recognized as Naraku’s. I replied with a “GAAAAHHHHHHH!!!”.

He shot tentacles at me, and I only narrowly dodged them. I lit them up with foxfire, which delayed them. But another tentacle shot at me in my moment of distraction. It gored my shoulder, where blood started spurting out, more than I thought I had. I probably didn’t have that much, because my vision went blurry as soon as the wound opened. There was nothing to do but faint.

I remember flying over Naraku’s castle, and being placed in a little barrier. I was so worried about Kagome, and what if Inuyasha didn’t come to rescue me? I was going to shout at Naraku, but I couldn’t even move! At that point, my arm started bleeding again, and the world went dark.

Kagome’s POV

Shippo! I screamed inside the depths of my head. I couldn’t believe it. Sango brought me the alcohol to clean my scrapes. I stopped crying eventually, and I could tell that Inuyasha would be off looking for Naraku. I sighed, and went to help him. No sense in moping while Shippo was lost. I went to the edge of the forest, but Inuyasha wasn’t looking for anything.

He was standing by a tree, looking extremely troubled. Muttering, too. I walked over to him, but he didn’t even notice me. I heard him say” Why today, of all days!?”.” What’s wrong, Inuyasha?” I asked him. He nearly jumped out of his skin. He didn’t realize that I was there? He said” Are you okay, Kagome?”. I felt guilty. He really looked worried, but told me in a calm voice that it was the day of the new moon.”DAMMIT!” Birds flew out of trees at the sound of my swearing.

Inuyasha just stared, slack jawed, as I mumbled a string of curses to the world in general. Before I knew it, I had switched from anger to anguish, and fell into Inuyasha's arms. He looked surprised for a moment, but then held me closer than he ever had before. I stopped crying, and went to search for Shippo.

PLEASE REVIEW, IT'S MY FIRST FANFIC!
Sign up to rate and review this story