Categories > Original > Drama > Green Grass& Music To My Ears.

New York City.

by KissedByANerd 0 reviews

Review!! Please and thank you!!

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-03-12 - Updated: 2008-03-12 - 1501 words

0Unrated
Dear Judy,

We (Me and my dad) boarded Flight 123 on Tuesday. We are now driving in a taxi cab to his house. Amazing right. I've seen so many sites out here its not even funny. Right now we are driving through times square. Can you believe I will be able to be standing here on New Years Eve! You know what im talking about. My dad told me he has an condo near the Atlantic ocean!! Double the exclamation points on that one. I will so take pictures and send them to you. Right now my dad is talking to the cab driver about the expences and how much it would cost if 10 people got in this cab. You know my dad. The driver is ignoring him, im already loving New York. I miss you and Austin sooo much.

Send my love!
Callie Green.

I shut my notebook and stared out the window.

"Just take a left up here and then a right. My house is on the left."

My dad pointed violently at street names and after 2 minutes of pointing and yelling we pulled up to a building at had a sign that read: Watercolor Beachfront Condos. I smiled and opened the cab door.

The driver poped the trunk and got my bags out.

"What do you think Call?"

I exhaled. "Its great, dad."

He grabbed my bags and payed the cab driver before leading me into the tall building.

The elevator doors opened and an group of teenagers filed out. I watched them. I wished I was with them. One of the guys turned and smiled at me before following his friends outside.

I blushed. Not even joking. My cheeks started to tingle.

"Callie." My dad said holding the doors open for me. I smiled and stepped into the elevator.

"You Kay'?" He asked staring at me. I nodded. My dad looked so much like me. The blonde hair. Tan skin. (Thats only because its summer). The doors opened and we walked out into a huge corridor.

"We are just up ahead, condo 32." I smiled. Condo. Im living in a condo!

My dad opened the door and exhaled.

"Finally, home."

I walked in and was greeted by a growling, barking, yippie dog. I smiled.

"Cam, down." I watched the dog sit and whimper.

"Awe." I whispered reaching down and petting the yorkie.

My dad motioned me into the kitchen and he set down my bags near the stairs.

"This is your home now Callie, what do you think?"

I hugged him and mummbled into his shirt, "Its perfect dad."

I grabbed my bags after 5 minutes of my dad and I debating over which activity we should do this afternoon. I sugested a walk, but he said I needed to make friends. So, without arguing I agreed.

My mom called me while I was attempting to make my room look like my old one.

"Callie, how is The big city?"
"Great mom."
Pause.
"Is something bothering you Callie?"
I shook my head. "No.." I groaned slently. "Im just trying to get my room fixed up how I want it."
"Oh, well then I guess im going to let you go then, have fun with your dad."
The phone went dead. I rolled my eyes and put my last few outfits in my closet. Did I mention my closet is huge?

I combed my hair out and threw it up in a pony tail.

I ran downstairs and waved to my dad who was sitting on the couch with Cam.

"Going out?" I nodded and pet Cam on the head. He growled.
"Good. Have fun."

I smiled and ran outside into the warm weather.

I scanned the street and spotted a bus stop with a couple of people waiting by it. I sprinted down to the bus stop and smiled at the little girl holding her moms hand.

She growled at me. Yes, growled..do I radiate evil or something?

The bus came in five minutes and I sat in the secondseat from the left.

"Do it." I heard a guys voice coo.
"No, dude what if she bites." I smirked.

"She wont bite you, now go." A guy appeared by my seat. I looked up at him and smiled. He was fairly cute. Brown shaggy hair. A Gadge in his ear. Braces.

He looked back at his friends and then down at me. "Im Blue." I smiled and shook his hand.

"Callie."
He looked at the seat and sighed. "Can I sit here?"
I nodded and he sat.

"So are you new here?" He asked like he was reading me like a book.

"Yeah. From California." Blue made his mouth like an 'o'.

"Wow. California, sweet..Scooter came from Cali." He said pointing to the back of the bus. I turned around and a pack of guys waved.

"Are those all your friends?"

He nodded. "Two of them are my brothers but the rest, just buddies of ours."

I smiled. Was I actaully finding him attractive? Yeah. I was.

"So, where are you headed?" I shrugged.

"Where ever this bus takes me."

Blue laughed. "You stay on here to long you will end up at the bus station."

Witty, I like that.

"Really." He nodded.

I smiled at him and he nodded.

"I dont bite."

Blue cocked his head.

"I heard you, I dont bite."

He blushed and smiled. "Sorry, you never know in New York."

That made me laugh. David looked at me and smiled. "What?" I shook my head and looked out the window.
"My friends wouldnt mind if.." Blue started. I looked back at him. "If I what?"
He exhaled. "If you wanted to hang with us today, seeing you have no where to go."

His face turned red. I smiled. "Sure, I'll hang out with you." He smiled and turned back towards the pack of boys. He gave them a thumbs up and the boys hollared and cheered. Im thinking the boys actually put him up to this.

The bus stopped at a mall and Blue led me off the bus and into the building. The pack of guys followed nto so far behind.

They caught up to us and Blue introduced them to me.

"Callie, this is Rob, Jake, John, Brennan, Kyle, and Scooter." He pointed to each guy. I smiled at all of them and my cellphone rang.

"Hello?"
"Callie! I've been trying to reach you all morning, how is newyork?" Austins voice boomed in my ear.
"Good. Actually, I Just met a couple of friends and they are showing me around."
He mummbled something and then chuckled. "Okay, thats cool, hey Cow i have to go, i'll call later." He hung up and I turned back to the guys. Blue was talking to Rob and Brennan and the rest ran off to the food court.
Rob caught my eye and smiled. I smiled back and walked up to them.

"Who was that?" Brennan asked shoving skittled down his throat.
"Austin, a friend from california." Rob made his mouth like on 'o' kind of like how Blue did on the bus.
"What kind of friend, boyfriend maybe?" I shook my head. "No, he is just a friend, a close friend."

Brennan smiled at me and took a hold of my arm. "I'll show Callie around and you guys go catch up with the gang." Blues eyes darted from Brennan to me. Was he jealous.

"whatever." Rob and David ran into the food court and Brennan dragged me into the boys bathroom.

"What are you doing?" I asked as Brennan quietly searched the stalls.
"Somehow I know you and I belong together..." His voice was muffled by his lips crashing onto mine. I didnt pull away. I couldnt his grip was to tight. He looked at me.

"Im kind of hoping you feel the same way." I sighed. "Brennan, I hardly know you." He nodded. "We can get to know eachother.." His lips pressed onto mine.
The bathroom door swong open. I pulled away and stared at the tall curly haired guy staring at me in awe.

"You leave for a day and your already macking on other guys?"
"Austin, its not what it looks like." He shook his head.
"Callie. I thought you loved me, I came all the way from fresno to New York just to see you and maybe even stay..I didnt get a round trip Callie! I was going to be with you! You Callie Green!" My eyes whidened.

"Austin, not here..." Brennan grabbed onto my arm and pulled me close to him.
"Let go of her.." Austin said glaring at Brennan. Brennan smirked. "And if I dont?"

Austin walked up to my and smoked Brennan in the face. He fell to the ground and clutched is nose.
I stared at Austin tears running down my face. He caught my eye and looked down at his feet.
I opened the bathroom door and walked out. "Calle.." I didnt turn back.
Sign up to rate and review this story