Categories > Original > Drama > Green Grass& Music To My Ears.

Anger Rises.

by KissedByANerd 0 reviews

review!!

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-03-11 - Updated: 2008-03-11 - 1021 words

0Unrated
Waking up to have someone towering over you is never a way you would want to wake up. After a small panic attack and a pillow thrown across the room, my fury turned to excitement.

"Dad!"

He smiled and bent down to hug me. "Im here to take you back to New York with me." My smile soon faded and I let go of him.
"Dad, I cant..." My voice trailed off. He nodded. "I talked to your mom and she thinks it is a great idea!"
That was kind of hard to believe.
"She said that?" He nodded. I forcecd a smiled and pushed the covers off of me.
"Is Jordan coming?" I asked pulling on jeans and a tanktop. He shook his head.

"Just you and me." I grinned. The thought of me and my dad alone bonding together, going to the mall and what not really did made me smile.

"You think about it Call, im not leaving until wendsday." I nodded and he kissed my forehead. "You be good and I'll be over for dinner." I smiled and watched him leave.

**

"Your not really considering this are you?" Judy asked over lunch at Taco Bell. I nodded and took a bite of my crunch wrap. "No...Callie." She whined. I stared at her.

"This is a BIG oppertunity for me Judy."

She nodded and smiled...but her eyes didnt show it.

"What about Austin?" She asked curiously searching my face for who knows what.
I shrugged.
"Callie.." Her voice trailed off and she stared over my shoulder.
"What are you staring at?"
I turned and my eyes whidened.
"I cant believe him." Right behind us was Andrew and Jordan.
"I cant believe her!" I turned back around and rolled my eyes. "Dont bother Judy, im with Austin..I dont have any concern with who or 'what' my sister dates."
Judy smiled.

We left without being seen by Andrew nor my sister and we started back to my house. "So you have to tell him today?"

I shook my head. "No, Well...today or tomorrow." She nodded. I could see the saddness in her face. "But hey.." She glanced at me. "I will call and write you everyday." She stopped. I stopped a couple steps ahead and turned back to her.

"Your going."
I nodded and she looked at her feet.
"You go ahead.." She said kicking a rock in my direction. Not purposly, i sure hope not. "I'll just go to Justins." I nodded and walked back to my house. My mind was racing. I knew I needed to go, but what if Austin brakes up with me. I love him. But I have to go. Not forever. I hope not.

I opened the front door and took off my shoes. "Callie?" I looked up at smiled.

My mom took my hand and led me into the kitchen.

There at the island sat Dad, John, and Austin. Austin? I scanned all of their faces. Dad's was pleading. Johns was anger. Austins was blank. Per usual.

"Whats going on?"

My dad stood up and smiled. "We need to know today Callie, if you say yes we need to get you packed and ready to leave by 5." I glanced at Austin. His eyes now were sad, angry, hurt.

"So..whats it going to be?" John asked not even looking at me.

I made a mental PRO's and CON's list in my head.

"I guess," Austin's focas was now on me. To much pressure.

"Yeah, im going." My dad smiled. He ran over to me and hugged the crap out of my body. My mom nodded and smiled. She was on the verge of tears. I read my mom like a book. She wasnt happy.

"Sorry mom." She shook her head. "Im not sad Bunny." I smiled. She hugged me and John stood up. "I'll miss ya' kid." He shook my hand and walked into his den. My mom followed.

"Get packed Cow, our plane leaves in 2 hours." I nodded and my dad disapeared into the den.

I turned and stared at Austin.

"So, this is it." I nodded and he stood up.
"It seems like yesterday we were at the dance and we kissed."
I smiled and said, "It was yesterday."

He stoped and smiled. "Right. My point is...this is it...I love you Callie." I bit my lip and choked back tears. He walked over to me and grabbed my face. "Do you hear me?" Tears sprang from his eyes and leaked down his face.

"D-do you hear m-me?" I nodded and he pressed his lips on mine.

"Gosh, I love you so much." He wiped his eyes and slipped on his shoes. "Have fun in New York."

This was it. We were over.

"Always remember this Callie," He smiled and waved. "You will always be my girl."

I waved and ran up to my room. I grabbed my pink and green polka dotted suitcase and stuffed as many outfits I could fit in it and zipped it up. I grabbed my tooth brush and paste and threw it in a plastic bag. I grabbed my make-up bag and straighting iron.

"Cow?" I looked up and smiled. My dad leaned on the door. "You ready?"

I nodded and handed him my suitcase and I grabbed my backpack full of undergarments and hair supplies.

He took them out to my moms car and my mom got in the driversa seat.

I took one last look at my neighbor hood. I looked at Judy and Austins house. I stared at the California sky. Blue. Very Blue. I sighed and got in my moms Mini van and we pealed out of the drive way. I wasnt sad. I had no reason to be sad. I wasnt losing anything. I was gaining everything. I still will have Judy and Austin back here, but I will have more in New York.

I turned and watched my house and Judy's house along with every other house on my block pass by and eventually fade away.

This isnt the end, Its a new beginning.
Sign up to rate and review this story