Categories > Original > Fantasy > Circe

chapter two

by lost_in_the_shuffle 0 reviews

same summary as the first chapter.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-03-13 - Updated: 2008-03-13 - 1145 words

0Unrated
They finally reached her ship, the lady’s hope and after boarding it, she closed the hatch, punching in a code to put up the ship’s shields.
“We will leave soon,” she said, as he followed her further into the tiny ship.
“Who will pilot the ship?” He asked, looking around and seeing that they were the only two on board.
“I will,” she said, “but first, I need your Albern warrior oath. You will not reveal what I am about to show at tell you. Not only that, but that you will stay with me, freely, until my task is done and I’m no longer in danger.”
He stared at her for a moment, then nodded.
She grasped the edge of the veil and unwrapped it, Kaniel watched as her true face was revealed.
As soon as he saw her distinctive green eyes and her long amber hair, he knew who she was, and he cursed.
“Yes I am Lady Taurina of Demos,” she said, hearing his curse.
“Why would the cousin of a king need am Albern warrior?” He asked, “is this some kind of drunken lark?”
“I assure you, this no lark,” Taurina said, moving toward the piolet’s seat.
“You have guards who can protect you,” Kaniel said, “you don’t need me.”
“I do need you,” Taurina said, then turned and removed her robe, revealing a black flight suit underneath.
“The guards are loyal to the king’s chancellor,” she said, “lord Gavin, the very man, I’m trying to stop.”
She sat in the pilot’s seat and began flipping switches.
“Stop him from doing what?” Kaniel asked, as he sat in the co-pilot’s seat.
“I overheard him plotting to murder my cousin,” she said, “he plans to do it while Duncan is on a ambassador journey to the planet Ka. I must journey there and stop him.”
Suddenly the radio crackled on as a tinny voice said, “you have clearance Lady’s Hope, you can start your departure operations.”
Taurina flipped a few switches and the ship started moving. She began to guide them around the other ships, until finally they hit the open runway.
“Hold on,” she said, and pressed a button that caused the ships combustible rockets to flare up, and shoot them out to space. Finally after they reached hyber-speed, she flipped a switch that turned on the automatic pilot and stood up.
“How long until we reach Ka?” He asked, standing up too.
“Four weeks,” she said, and he slowly smiled.
“I know just the way to occupy our time,” he said, and reached for her.
“What are you doing?” She squeaked and backed up.
He smiled again, slowly, ferally and began to stalk her across the room.
“What do you think?” He said quietly.
Taurina backed up, until she hit the wall of the control room and was trapped.
Kaniel reached for her again, drawing her against his hard body and kissed her mouth.
She relaxed against him, opening for his tongue as it ran along the seam of her mouth.
She kissed like a virgin, Kaniel thought, sweet, untutored, but with such need that it made him rock hard.
“You’ve never been kissed before,” he said, raising his head and staring at her.
She shook her head.
“No one would dare,” she said breathlessly, “kiss the king’s cousin. Not without a marriage contract.”
He smiled at her wickedly, his eyes telling her, he would do more then kiss her before the journey was through.
He kissed her again, ravishing her mouth, as she moaned.
Finally he backed away, reluctantly.
“The first time I take you,” he said, “I want it to be in a bed, not pushed up against the wall in your ship’s control room. I will have you, make no mistake of that, but not yet.”

Taurina sagged against the wall, unable to move for a moment, as Kaniel moved toward the control panel and sat down in its seat.
“Tell me all you heard,” he said, “I need to know exactly what was said.”
Taurina moved next to him, pulling off a necklace she wore around her neck.
“I can do better then that,” she said, and leaned over across him to insert the pendant into a plug.
Kaniel inhaled sharply, his cock rising quickly at her nearness.
She pushed a few buttons, unaware of the affect she had on him, then backed away.
“This is the interstellar recording device that all royalty on Circe wear,” she said, “it recorded the conversation perfectly.”
There was a click, then the sound of a man’s voice filled the room.
“The poison will leave no trace?” He asked.
“It kills quickly and is untraceable my lord,” another man’s voice said. “The king will never know what happened. The minute he drinks from the poisoned goblet, he will have a heart attack.”
The chancellor laughed harshly.
“Then I will be king,” he said.
“But what of Lady Taurina?” The other voice asked, “she is next in the line for the throne, not you.”
“My son has been courting the lady,” the chancellor said, “the marriage contract will me drawn soon. Then they will marry, as soon as the king is dead.”
“And the lady?” The voice said, “what will happen to her?”
“You’re a smart man Andre,” the chancellor said, “what do you think?”
There was more laughter, then the recording stopped.
Kaniel looked at Taurina, she was pale and shaking with fear and anger.
“Little did they know,” she said quietly, “that I was in the room, hiding from lord Gavin’s loathsome son Kuper.”
She shook her head and laughed harshly.
“Here he was talking of a marriage contract, of a marriage, and I can’t even stand the little toad.”
Kaniel got out of the seat, and went over, pulling her into his arms and holding her close.
“He will never harm you,” he said, “I will protect you.”
For a moment she stayed in his arms, allowing him to comfort her. Finally she pushed away.
“I care more about my cousin,” she said, “the reason Duncan is on the journey, is to stop a war that’s been raging between our planet and Ka for years. He is supposed to marry the princess Grace of Ka, but if he’s murdered, then the war will never be stopped. More innocent people will die, including him.”
“It will never happen,” Kaniel vowed, “I swear it on my oath as an Albern warrior. You and your cousin will survive.”
She smiled at him, and drew a hand along his cheek.
“Such a good man,” she murmured, “such an honorable one.”
For a moment, they stared at each other, then slowly kissed. Holding each other, as if they never wanted to let go.
Sign up to rate and review this story