Categories > Original > Fantasy > Chronic Earth: The Tale Of Seasons

Chapter 4: The Truth About Tyme

by CETToS 0 reviews

In this Chapter, the heroes meet someone new, and he knows stuff that they do not. Will he reveal it to them?

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy,Humor,Sci-fi - Published: 2008-03-15 - Updated: 2008-03-16 - 2736 words

0Unrated
Kindle was so happy as she stood there smiling, admiring her yard, and looking at her best friends, who had done just about the most wonderful thing she could ever imagine receiving. Kindle was literally, the happiest girl in the universe.

“Thank you so much! You’re all so wonderful!” she said as she individually hugged each of them. Winter was the last to receive a hug, and afterwards everyone met back inside her house. They all joined each other in the living room, on the couches. Today had been an exhausting day for all of our heroes. As Kindle thought about that more and more, she realized that everyone was probably still hungry, and still thirsty, [especially Summer].
So she stood up, and said, “I’m going to go and make those sandwiches I promised I’d make back at the Platform.
“Alright! Thank you Kindle!” Summer yelled out.
“You’re welcome,” she yelled back as she pulled out the bread from the cabinets, and the meat from the pantry.

As soon as Kindle was finished making the sandwiches, she brought them out on a fancy platter, and of course Summer was the first to dig in.
“So, what did you put in them?” asked Autumn.
“Uhm.. Mustard, mayonnaise, ham, salami, cheese, pickles, lettuce, tomatoes, and peppers. Didn’t take too long.. But it sure was fun!” exclaimed Kindle.
“Yea! They taste great too!” said Summer as he grabbed another slice. “What are we going to do tonight though? Any ideas?”
“Uhm, I was thinking we could just play some games. How about you?” suggested Spring.
“Yea. That sounds good.. But what kind of games could we play at this hour? Plus, the sun is almost down,” said Summer.
“Well, I was thinking we could play some indoor games. Some games in the house, instead of outside, you know? We would just have to make some up, because I don’t think there are any I know of..” explained Spring.
“Sounds good to me! Why not?!” said Winter, getting off the couch.

As Summer, Winter, Spring, and Autumn made up some games to play indoors, Kindle went through the house quickly lighting all of her candles. The ones in the Living Room, Bathroom, Kitchen, Bedrooms, and even the Hallways. At the exact moment the sun had completely fallen behind the mountains far away, was the moment that Kindle had lit her last candle. After she finished, she put all of her Fire Starters away, she had joined the gang back in the Living Room. Summer, Spring, Winter and Autumn had thought up about 3 games. One, was “tag”, another “hide and go seek”. They had already created rules for the games, and began playing them straight away. Each game was played for about thirty minutes each, and in between sessions, Kindle had prepared some drinks for them, so they weren’t too exhausted to continue to the next game on the list. These games sure did suck the sweat out of you when you were having fun with them!

When they were finished, Winter suggested going to bed. It was Eleven-O-Clock by now, and all of them were completely exhausted. Summer, Autumn, and Spring went into their room, while Kindle and Winter headed into theirs. All five of their beds were made, and were all the same color as their shirts. Kindle opened the door in between theirs and Summers room, so that they could talk for a little bit before falling asleep.
“When do you think us seasons will be ready? When will we know? Winter said, while lying down.
“Well, I think we will know when the time is right, and when we do everything the way it is supposed to,” replied Autumn.
“We’ll just have to wait to find out when the time comes,” said Spring.
“I’d have to agree.. Now let’s get some sleep,” said Kindle, as she turned onto her side, and started to doze off.

Finally, all five of them went to sleep. It was pitch black, except for the candle light. Outside, there was a luminescent glow coming from near Kindles window. A nice white glow.. But, as it gets closer, it turns out to be a person. A person, who goes under the classification of ‘attribute’. Lunar Moon.

Lunar Moon was, as the title suggests, the person representing our moon. He wore clothes that were colored a very faint yellow, and blue. The texture to it was very smooth, and barely weighed that much at all. Almost as if it were made of silk. His hair, was a light blue color, with a very unique shape to it Almost like a crescent. He wore long pants, which had small glowing circles [representing the moon] and on his shirt, he had small glowing crescents [also representing the moon.]

He was now in the front yard of Kindles house, admiring the wonderful flowers, and trees. He wondered how someone could acquire all of these wonderful plants, in such repetitive weather. Finally, he walked up to the door, and knocked.

No answer.

Knocks again..


..No answer..

Lunar then tries the doorknob and apparently, it wasn’t locked. He slowly pushed it open, trying not to make any noise, and closed it as he was all the way in the home. Slowly he made it into Kindles Living Room. Walks near a couch, and slides his fingers on it to inspect if there was any dust. He though nobody lived here.. Until now.

Near the chimney, there were three photos. He got closer to examine them, and saw a girl with bright red hair on the left photo, a boy with light blue hair in the right, and a picture of both of them in the middle, screwing around having fun. Focusing on this, he finally turned his attention to see if anyone lived here.. Walking around the room, he finally spotted a hallway that led to the bedrooms. As Lunar got closer, he could hear the sound of people snoring.
“So, there are people who live here…” he said to himself quietly, as he walked down the hallway. The first door on the right was where the sound was coming from, so he poked his head in the room, to see three people sleeping, sort of resembling the people in the picture.
“These people look like they are related to those people in the picture.. Why isn’t there pictures of them?” he asked himself.
With that said, the Third person in the room sprung up from his bed, and was fiercely looking around the room.. trying to see if someone was there. This person had bright daisy yellow hair, and a sun-ray shirt on.
“Who is it? What do you want?!” yelled the frightened kid.
Lunar opens the door all the way, which fills the room with his glow. Summer looks at him, and stares awkwardly.
“I am Lunar Moon, leader of the Night. I wanted to see the person who owns the wonderful yard.. Is that yours?” he said as pointing to him.
“No, that is Kindle Flames yard. I am Summer Sunshine, Season of Summer. I helped make that yard possible though..” Summer explained.
“You’re.. Summer? Summer Sunshine? ..and those are the other seasons?” said Lunar shocked, as he now pointed at the other two people in the room.
“Yes, and Winter. But he is in the other room with Kindle.. Why do you sound so surprised though?” said Summer as he got closer to Lunar.
“I.. I.. I’ve been looking for you all, for the last year or so.. and.. You all live here? In Edo? My.. Hometown as well..? I just don’t understand, for all these years, traveling the Planet, looking for you.. Meeting tons of strange people, with weird powers, and I find you all here.. In my own town. I thought no one lived here, until I saw that amazing front yard..” blurted Lunar with random excitement spurts.
“Well, actually, we all just met Kindle too. This is her home, and she shares it with Winter. They were the ones who offered us this room, in there home.. Me, Autumn, and Spring. We were so grateful, that we remade her yard yesterday,” explained Summer.
“So.. Kindles the one who has owned this house the whole time? Kindle.. Flame? Yea, I remember her.. I think the last time I saw her was just about eight years ago..” out-loud thought Lunar.
“Yea? That long ago hmm?” said Summer pretty amazed.
“Yea, I’ve been living in this town for quite a while.. All my life actually!” said Lunar, followed by a sigh.
“What did you sigh for?” said Summer.
“Well, it’s just that I can’t believe I didn’t check this house earlier.. It was just so deserted back then, that I thought that no one lived here, you know? Plus, the main reason I am here, is not so much searching for all of you, but.. Searching for where I belong. This, is my best guess.”
“Yea, I know what you mean..”
“How so?” questioned Lunar.
“Well, I just feel kind of empty inside, like there’s something out there that’s supposed to complete me. My best guess is eating a lot. It makes me feel complete for a brief moment, and if that’s all I can get right now, that’s what I am willing to take, you know?” explained Summer.
“Mmhmm. Same here, except I think mine is a person, or an object of some sort.. Something mystifying. I don’t know.. Just trying to spice it up so I can get excited for it..” added Lunar.

“You’re exactly right. Dream out loud Lunar, dream out loud,” Summer agreed.

As they sat there silently, just listening to each other talk softly in the small bedroom, Kindle woke up all of a sudden. She sat up, and looked around a bit. She stared at the picture of Winter and herself on the dresser in front of the bed. Smiling, she crawled out of bed, and decided she was very thirsty. She put on her slippers, and walked towards the door. As her hand touched the handle, she stopped. Under the door, there was a soft blue light emitting into her room. Kindle let go of the handle, and bent down to look under the door, to try and see if there was anything there. After she examined it very closely, she walked back to her bed, and sat on it facing the wall. Kindle started talking to herself, in a very low and calm voice..
“I-is that you Kindle?” croaked Winter as he slowly woke up.
“Yea, it’s me Winter. But.. Can I ask you something really quick?” said Kindle, still thinking.
“Uhh.. I don’t think I am in the state to be…” Winters words were interrupted by an enormous yawn. “to be answering questions.. Especially, at this hour of the night,” Winter finished as his head hit the soft white pillow.
“Well, I’ve just noticed that there is an extravagant blue glow, coming from the guest bedroom. Do I have your full attention yet?” said Kindle.
Winters eyes bolted wide open. “A blue glow, coming from the guest bedroom?” Winter thought out loud. Winter looked behind him towards the door, and did indeed see the blue glow, sneaking in from under the door. “Ok, Let’s check it out Kindle..” said Winter as he got out of his bed, and found a shirt lying on the ground. He put it on as Kindle walked over to him, and started to rub his eyes. Kindle just stood there, waiting, and finally Winter was ready. Kindle offered Winter her hand, and he gripped it tightly. Kindle and Winter slowly walked towards the door, and Winters hand had finally reached the handle. He slowly turned it, and swung it open slowly, trying not to make the hinges squeak. Kindle let go of Winters hand, and poked her head through the door, to see a person with crescent shaped hair standing there, talking to Summer. He had a black shirt, and pajama pants. Both of which had small crescent shapes, and circles collected on them.
“L-Lunar? Is that, you?” said Kindle as she stepped into the Guest Bedroom.
“Kindle!” yelled Winter and Lunar at the same time. Winter yelled very scared for Kindle, and Lunar yelling happily. Lunar and Kindle then faced each other, and hugged. Kindle was very relieved that the person wasn’t a robber, or a kidnapper or something. Lunar was relieved to see Kindle still alive.
“So, you’re the one in that picture frame out there? Boy have you sure changed a lot! But, you’ve been doing good though, right?” asked Lunar as he let go of Kindle after a long satisfying hug.
“Oh yes, yes I have been great. Things are so much better than back then. I met new and better people!” replied Kindle very quickly.
“That’s wonderful. I am so happy for you! Hmm, this sure is great that I have found you all though.

As Kindle and Lunar stood there talking to each other, Winter was behind them standing very awkwardly. Finally, he blurted out, “Kindle, you know this person?”
“Of course! We have known each other for a long time. I’d have to say,. Just about three years before I met you, Winter,” she said.
“Oh.. Well, that’s good. I guess..” he said as he sat down in the chair nearby. “So, are you an element?”
“No. Actually, I am an attribute to Earth. I am the bright shining Moon. Lunar Moon is my name, and I control the skies light from the time period 9pm to 6am. But, not ever since it began..” Lunar said as he stopped and faced the wall behind him.. Just staring into nothing..
“Uh, what do you mean it?” asked Spring. Now, everyone was awake, and all attentively listening to Lunar.
“You really all want to hear what happened?” he asked as he turned around to face them once more.
“Yes, if you are willing to tell it,” said Autumn.
“Alright, let’s start with the Humans. They were these people, who walked upon the Earth. They thought themselves as “Rulers of the Earth”. There were animals of all sorts among the Earth, but there were defiantly more Humans than anything. So, as the Humans took over Earth, continent by continent, it slowly started to get destroyed by all the horrible things the Humans would do to the environment provided to them. Such as, destruction of the polar ice caps, destruction of the o-zone layer, and most importantly.. Destruction of the Planet Earth. Things the Humans made to keep themselves alive, one day finally destroyed them all. The people of Earth, were no more. The Animals of Earth, were no more. The Plants of Earth, were no more. The only thing that still survived, were The Seasons, The Elements, and The Attributes. The Creator, decided to create a new Earth. One that shall not get destroyed like it did previously. He decided to make us into Humans as well, and now it is our turn to set things right. We are supposed to re-create this Earth, for the new set of Humans, Animals, and Plants. We, are the New Earth,” and with that, Lunar finally sat down on the bed near him, and finished with, “So, that’s how it all began.”
“But, what year did the Earth get completely destroyed.. Do you know?” asked Autumn slowly.
“Of course, I am the Moon, I saw it all happen. ..It was the year 2257, Month of July, Day 17,” he explained.
“H-how did you know all that?” asked Spring.

“Like I said, I was there.. Of course I remember,” he replied.
“No, I mean the Year/Month/Day information!” said Spring back in amazement. Everyone stood up, and stared at Lunar for the answer. Lunar was blank minded, he didn’t know what they were even talking about.


Everything was already set up before Tyme had discussed it with them, but Tyme only did it to make them believe this was the first time Earth was being made. Tyme didn’t want them all to know this was the second time.

Tyme, had set them up.
Sign up to rate and review this story