Categories > Original > Fantasy > Chronic Earth: The Tale Of Seasons

Chapter 7: Completion of Two Souls

by CETToS 0 reviews

Two people, are finally reunited with one very special person. He glows with the certainty of a true-star.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy,Humor,Sci-fi - Published: 2008-03-15 - Updated: 2008-03-26 - 3372 words

0Unrated
As the kids all sat there staring at Winter and Chaos bonding, Lunar was the only one out of them who was actually smiling. He wasn’t smiling about the fact that Winter was getting along with Chaos, but smiling because he felt like he finally belonged somewhere. He belonged with The Seasons and The Elements. They needed his help, and skills. Here, he was actually accepted for being himself, and not someone else. He no longer was looked down upon, but looked up upon, like some kind of leader. Lunar didn’t want to say it, but he actually liked being considered a leader. It wasn’t that bad of a feeling he thought. But, Lunar still felt empty. With all these new emotions, not one of them filled the blank spot in Lunar.

“Hey Chaos? So, where exactly did you come from?” said Autumn as she sat up, and walked towards the two boys.
“Well, I came from under the Earth. From inside the Earth was where I was modified into a Human being by The Creator. He’s the one who removed me, and told me what I was to do to help this Earth become a better place for the Humans,” said Chaos as everyone else crowded around him.
“How did you get transformed into evil?” asked Summer while he too, got closer to Chaos.
“Well, it all happened on a day in which I was doing what I was told to do by The Creator. I was completing a new passageway for a river to flow, and I had made this trench.. A beautiful trench that was very smooth, sized to perfection, and creatively formed. But, soon after I was complete, a person named The Destroyer came bursting through my trench! He was declaring that I join his forces to defeat The Creator, and ruin Earth. I told him no of course, and then started working back on my trench. He got really angry at the fact that I wouldn’t join him, so he pulled his magical staff out, and pointed it towards me. He said it one more time, and I followed with, ‘I would never consider being with someone so mean and evil! Get, the hell, away from me!’ He got really mad at that one, and shot a beam of light at me. Once I saw the beam, I started to run to the left of it, but it turned to the left also. I ran and ran, faster and faster.. But I just couldn’t run away from this demonic beam! All I could hear in the background was The Destroyer laughing hysterically at me. I tried dodging it again, but it turned right around, and hit me square in the stomach,” said Chaos as he held his stomach, with a very painful look on his face. “ As soon as that beam hit me, it felt as if my thoughts were altered.. It felt as if my mind had been taken over.. By something unreal. But, sure.. It was real alright. My opinions were even altered. I had a totally new concept of looking at everything. I practically felt like a new person.. Now, The Destroyer had full control over me, and what I did. Apparently, I had no idea, because of my new outlook. Pretty basic though, he made me do all of his dirty work, for at least four-years.. Until, he sent me on the biggest adventure I would ever experience. I was told, to come here.. And destroy Winter. I, of course, did not want to complete this dastardly deed.. But my body said otherwise. He then sent me after you, for approximately two-years, and he made me search everywhere possible. I was searching all the way up until Twenty-days ago, when The Creator finally reached The Destroyer, and had the biggest battle I have ever seen two people experience. Obviously, The Creator won the battle. While they were battling, The Creator accidentally screamed out where you were living currently, and after the battle, The Destroyer sent me here. That’s how I arrived here.. Sorry it took so long to explain though.. I’m not too well with explaining stuff, especially when it’s about stuff I can barely remember..”
“Oh, it’s fine.. I’m used to it. Summer over here, is exactly the same,” said Autumn.
“Hey!” said Summer as he sat up and got closer to Autumn. “I’m not that bad.”
“It’s Ok. Don’t be ashamed. We all have our own personal weaknesses,” replied Chaos towards Summer. Summer smiled, and they all looked down for a moment, trying to think what to say..
“So.. The Destroyer seriously sent you out to kill me? Two whole years ago?
“Yes. He did. It really only feels like a day ago, because everything that has happened in the last six years, feels like one big dream that I could not change.. It is surely the most horrible thing I will ever experience,” said Chaos as he put his head down.
“I’m sure you’ll be just fine Chaos. It’ll just take time..” said Spring as she touched his shoulder very softly with her hand.
“I’m sure I’ll be Ok too.. But I just can’t believe how demonic I was not so long ago.. Running down that poor hillside, thinking nothing but death to you, my new friend, Winter Snow,” Chaos finished, and started to weep a little. Chaos couldn’t believe how he completely destroyed that hill. Chaos loves nature, because he reforms it as an Element. He loves landscapes.. Not destroying them without fixing them afterwards. Chaos is able to alter the height and shape of the ground. Whatever it is that he alters, turns into rocky terrain though. He loves doing this. It’s what he does as an Element.
“It’s alright. I swear, we’ll make this hillside look wonderful after we are done with it,” said Spring as she flicked her fingers into the air, emitting a small flower, which then fell upon Chaos’s lap.
“You all can really do that?” he replied as he wiped his eyes with his wristbands. He then picked up the flower, and smelt it.
“Of course! We did Kindles’ lawn! See?” said Summer as he ran towards one of the trees that had fruit growing on it. He climbed up one of the branches and pulled one of the fruits off. He began to eat it, and nodded in approval that they were ripe.
“That’s truly amazing! I’m really glad you all can actually do that! I always make small trenches, and they look good and all.. But I can never flourish them with flowers or grass, you know?” said Chaos as he stood up, excited about where this was going. “Do you.. Happen to need any help though? I can level the ground out!”
“Sure! That’d be great, because I don’t think we have any other way of making it level,” said Spring as she got really close to Chaos’s face, smiling.
“Heh.. Oh yea! I’m excited already! When do we get started?” Chaos said as he started to jump up and down.
“Uh, well don’t you all think I could make you all something to eat? It’ll be done after you all finish the Hillside, and then we could head over to the Training Grounds for a while. How does that sound?” Kindle asked as she walked towards the group.
“I want some food!” said Summer from the tree.
“I know you do Summer, I was asking everyone else if they thought it would be alright if I did..” replied Kindle as everyone else laughed at Summer.
“I think that’s a great idea Kindle. Thank you,” said Chaos as he gave Kindle a hug.
“Alright! Then lets get to work! See you soon Kindle, c’mon Summer,” said Winter as he headed towards the beginning of the trench.
“Mmk. I’m going to go and get started on lunch! See you all soon, and good luck! Have fun,” said Kindle as she let go of Chaos, and ran to her porch. As she walked up her creaky stairs, and entered her house, closing the door softly behind her.
“Ok.. So what do we want to start with first?” asked Autumn as she joined Winter at the trench opening.
“Well, first we should flatten out the ground so we can actually get some grass or whatever growing.. Or maybe some trees or something over there,” said Winter as he pointed to a section way up the hill, with his right eye closed and his tongue sticking out a bit.
“Heh.. Don’t do that, you look like an idiot,” said Spring as she shoved Winters’ tongue back in his mouth.
“Hey! Stop that, silly,” said Winter as he froze her hand in place.
“Oh, you want to fight like that do you!” said Spring as she grew grass under Winter that completely covered him up.
“Haha..”
“Oh, c’mon you two! Let’s get going, you little punsters,” said Autumn as she blew out a small gust that knocked them both over. The three of them shared a good laugh, while Summer, Lunar and Chaos were just standing there talking.
“Ok. We’re ready to start now!” said Autumn as she turned around to face the three guys.
“Alright. We’re ready also,” replied Lunar as he joined the other group.
“Ok. So I start first? Sounds good..” said Chaos as he walked towards the trench. He closed his eyes, and raised his hands into the air above his head. He started to concentrate on his surroundings, and the ground. Suddenly, it started to crack, and Chaos raised his hand up in the areas that were low, and lowered his other hand into the areas that were raised. His eyes still closed, he opened his mouth, and yelled a very loud “Smooth!” and immediately, all of the ground was leveled out, back to its original layout. Chaos lowered his hands, took a deep breath, and opened his eyes to a much better looking hill.
“Wow! That was awesome!” said Summer as he offered Chaos a high-five.
“Thanks!” Chaos gladly accepted the high-five, and looked at Autumn afterwards.
“Ok, now the ground is level, and back to the way it originally was.. But now it is all rocky. Let’s change that Spring!” said Autumn.
“Mmk!” replied Spring as she joined Autumn on the rough terrain. Autumn lifted her hands up into the air, and began to sway them back and forth. The wind responded, and started to blow, slowly at first, but then gained speed. It began to remove all the loose dirt off the surface of the terrain, and Autumn collected it in the sky, hovering above the ground. Spring focused on the sky, and small clouds were collecting, getting bigger and bigger. The clouds were now starting to get darker and darker, and Spring yelled out, “Downpour!” and the water began to drench the dirt. The clouds slowly changed back to white in appearance, which was followed up by disappearing. Mud had now been made, and was ready to be placed onto the ground again. Spring put her hands back down, and watched Autumn as she lowered the mud, and spread it all over the newly sealed hill. Dark mud, had covered the hill, with at least a two-inch difference between the dry, and soaked.
Spring put on a huge smile, and walked through the mud, leaving a luscious path of meadow grass behind her footsteps. Spring soon realized that this was going to take forever.. She stopped.. And started to think deep thoughts, all about how to make this an easier situation. Autumn, on the other hand, already came up with one. She slowly walked towards Spring, trying not to bother her, and slowly whispered her idea into Springs left ear. Spring nodded, and Autumn returned to the original meadow grass. Spring thought about it another quick time, and finally decided she’d give it a try. She slowly skipped toward the group, trying to act as calm as can be, and raised her hand in the air. She hovered her hand over Winter’s head, Summer’s, Autumn’s, Lunar’s, and Chaos’s. Sprint then walked to a place where she could see them all evenly, and shouted out, “Spring!”
Everyone started to glow a bright green, and also had obtained a piece of grass in their hand.
“You now have some of my powers.. But only for approximately 10 minutes.. I can feel the power being slowly drained from me.. So lets get this done quickly! Everybody, start walking!”
Lunar, Winter, Summer, Chaos, and Autumn started walking with a brisk pace, onto the mud. All of them were leaving trails of meadow grass, and eventually would be complete. The ground area they covered, was practically the whole face of the hill, which was 2,000 ft in height, and about 1,500 ft wide. Chaos sure did quite a lot of damage during the time he was under control of “The Destroyer”. Good thing, they were getting it fixed as soon as possible.

Now everyone was zooming around the hillside, slowly replacing the mud with meadow grass. Spring, on the other hand, was planting trees and flowers around the hillside. So far, the hill looked pretty good. They had finally reached the 8-minute mark, and Spring was surely starting to feel her powers draining. Sharing her energy with five other people wasn’t exactly easy on her side of the deal.
Finally, the hill was finished. Right as Spring fell down to the ground, Autumn had finished the last spot on the hill. With that, everyone stopped glowing green, and didn’t feel any different than before.
“That.. Just.. About did me over..” said Spring as she heavily panted.
“We are heading back to Kindles right now, hang in there Spring. You did good!” said Winter as he helped her to her feet.
“Alright! Now let’s see if those sandwiches are ready!” said Summer as he ran towards the house.
“Heh.. You and your food addiction..” said Autumn as she shook her head, and giggled.

The hillside was complete. It was more green than ever now. It practically had double the flowers, and now there were Pine trees living there thanks to Spring. It surely was a new sight for anybody living near that hill. Everyone was very proud of themselves, but now they were exhausted, and needed some food. Especially Spring.
Just as they entered the house, the sun had started to move more quickly across the sky., which meant Earth was rotating faster than usual. Earth started to rotate faster, and faster and faster.. So fast, the sun had already set, and disappeared behind the hill. Not even ten-seconds later, the sun rose again.. Jetted through the sky for fifteen-seconds, and set for the second time. The sun returned five-seconds later, ran through the sky for seven seconds, and disappeared once more. It kept continuing this cycle, but kept getting faster until the sun was present in the sky for one-second at a time, leaving it night for two-seconds.
..Something was happening..

“What is going on..” said Summer.
“Uh.. What do you mean?” said Chaos, as he took another bite out of his sandwich.
“That weird feeling in my stomach.. Is that just me? I feel really dizzy..” he said.
“I feel it too.. What is it though?” said Kindle as she grabbed her stomach with both hands, setting the sandwich on the plate.
“I want to know too..” said Autumn as she looked around the room. She looked over to the window, and saw weird flickering lights, and strange shadows appearing out of nowhere.
“What is going on outside?! Looks like a lightning storm or something..”
“How’s that possible? I’m the only person who can make it rain in this entire world!” said Spring as she sat up from the couch, frantically walking towards the door. She placed her hand on the doorknob, and looked back to see everyone staring at her. She took her hand off the doorknob, thought about it, and swung the door open terribly fast. She looked around, and out of the corner of her eye, she saw the sun zoom by in the sky.
“Uhh, you guys? You might want to come over here and check this out..” Spring said as she pointed towards the sky, referring to the zooming sun. Autumn immediately got up, and ran towards the door, and looked up also.
“That’s insane! What’s causing that?”
“I don’t know..” said Winter as he stared at the sun in awe. Now everyone was standing in the doorway, staring towards the sky in confusion as to what was going on.
“What’s wrong with the sun?” said Summer, as his chest all of a sudden became filled with pain. Lunar grabbed his chest in the same manner. Obviously, something was up..
“Uh.. There’s something happening.. Look!” said Winter as he grabbed Kindles hand, and smiled towards her. Kindle didn’t smile back. There was nothing to smile at.. The sun was going insane, and she was scared as to what might happen next. As the Earth started to slow down in rotation speed, everybody’s attention went to the sun. It had returned to its original spot in the sky, before the Earth began to go out of control. This time though, it started to glow a bright yellow-white, and kept getting brighter. It soon got so bright, that you pretty much couldn’t even leave your eyes open without being blinded, until something shot out of it. At first, you couldn’t see it, but as it got closer, the more clearer it became. The sun slowly dimmed in brightness, until it was a low dim of a light red. The object was flying through the sky very fast. Finally, it got to the point where they could see what it exactly was.
It was a large sphere, see-through in color, but was glowing light red, just like the sun. It jetted through the sky, and hit the hill across from Kindles front yard with a loud crash. Dust was flung into the air all around the sphere. The impact of the ball hitting the hill, was devastating though. The ground did shake quite violently, which caused our heroes to all fall quite quickly to the ground. Summer and Lunar were the only ones who fell down first though, not because of the impact. Their chests were hurting awfully painful. The Sphere soon put off a large glow, and shot off a beam of light towards the sun. As it shot into the sky, Autumn was seeing if everyone was okay.
“I don’t know what is happening, but this might have something to do with “The Destroyer”. I say we try and get out of here before anything else happens to these two..” Autumn said, as she was referring to Lunar and Summer.
“Yea, okay. Sounds good.. But what are we going to d..”
The beam had finally reached the sun, and hit with such impact, that a big explosion was shot from the sun, back down to Earth.
“Summer! Lunar! Take cover! We don’t know what is happening.. But obviously it is happening to the two of you. We have to get out of her..”
The explosion had reached the Earth, and another huge crash had occurred. This time, dust was produced much more than the first time. The dust actually reached Kindles house, and covered everyone up. No one could see a thing, until Lunar and Summer began to glow just like the Sphere.
“Lunar!” yelled Winter.
“Summer!” yelled Kindle.
The both of them were glowing like nothing they have seen before. Soon after, they began to hover into the air, and floated towards the Sphere. As they were slowly hovering towards the Sphere…






...to be continued very soon
[this chapter was updated March 26th, 2008. 1:45am]
Sign up to rate and review this story