Categories > Original > Fantasy > Chronic Earth: The Tale Of Seasons

Chapter 5: Winter vs. Chaos

by CETToS 0 reviews

In this chapter, a new person is also discovered. He isn't too friendly though.. But, Winter has an idea about how to catch Chaos, and change him back to good once more.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy,Humor,Sci-fi - Published: 2008-03-15 - Updated: 2008-03-16 - 1877 words

0Unrated
“What do you mean? Those measurements of time were already made up a very long time ago, by the Humans,” he replied.
“But, we all got together with Tyme to make it up, so that we knew what time of the Year we would be ruling. We are the ones who made it up,” explained Summer.
“What? No.. The Humans used those, plus those ruling times were already made up. I don’t understand this.. But.. Who’s Tyme?” asked Lunar.
“He’s the person in charge of when things happen, and exactly when they happen, due to his Time System. I don’t understand.. Did Tyme just make us pretend we made those terms up?” said Kindle, very disappointed.
“Hmm.. Well, I don’t know. That’s very strange though,” said Lunar as he sat there trying to think about what might have happened.
“There sure is one thing that I know..” said Summer.
“What’s that!?” said Winter very excited at the fact that Summer might have thought of the answer.
“Uh.. I’m really tired.. I’m going to bed. Night!” he said as he crawled back into his bed, as everyone sighed at that fact that he was only tired.
“Yea, well me too. C’mon Spring, let’s try to get some rest,” said Autumn as she pushed Spring towards her bed.
“Alright, night you guys.. See you in the morning.
“Night. Nice meeting you all,” said Lunar as he headed out into the hallway with Winter and Kindle. “So, is there anywhere perhaps where I can fall asleep tonight?
“Actually, we do. There’s another Guest Bedroom right here,” Kindle said as she headed towards another door right down the hallway. She opened the door, which revealed four more beds. Two on that side, and two on the other. Both beds had there own nightstand complete with a small lamp. Lunar nodded, headed towards the first bed, and crawled right in. As Kindle shut the door, Winter started to walk towards their room. As everyone settled in, it had become completely silent in the house, and they fell asleep soon after they all climbed in.
As they slept, there was this disturbance in the ground. Small earthquakes had occurred, and miniature tremors started forming in the ground near the hill. Something far away had arrived.
Someone had arrived.

“Wake up!” yelled Kindle, as she continued to jump on Lunar’s bed. “C’mon, you’re the only one that’s not awake yet, sleepyhead.”
“Mm.. Ou.. Huh? Hey Kindle..” Lunar said as he rubbed his eyes, pulling the covers over his head to shield his eyes.
“Hey! That’s not fair. You need to wake up!” said Kindle as her last attempt to wake Lunar up. She climbed off the bed, and sat right in front of his face, trying to get through to him with a leering stare.
“Mm.. Ok. I’m up,” said Lunar as he finally took the covers off his face, and started to get out of the comfy bed. He put his feet on the floor, and rose up to say, “So, what’d you make for breakfast you cooking fool?”
“Well, I made some eggs, buttered toast, and fresh squeezed Orange Juice. You want some, dont you?” she said.
“Oh boy do I. Thanks Kindle. Jeez I miss you being around.. It feels good to be back!” he said as he headed out of the room, down the hallway to the kitchen. Kindle followed him out, and shut the door behind her. Kindle started to think about all the good times they had together, back then. Back when they were really good friends. All of a sudden, Kindle was in such a better mood than before, and was very excited to see what this wonderful day could hold for them all.
“Hey, Kindle? You won’t mind if I make my own toast, do you?” said Lunar as he was already in the kitchen, examining the empty plate where the toast was supposed to be. “There’s none left!”
“Oh you don’t need to do that, I’ll do it.
“Ok, thanks!” he said back, as he sat down at the table behind him. The table was covered with a light green tablecloth, which had small leaves sewn on it. It really didn’t fit the table, but it sure did suit the kitchen. Everything in the kitchen was very orderly, and very green. The sink was green, the cupboards had green trim, and the floor was dark green. It all matched. Kindle spent a lot of time putting this kitchen together a long time ago.
“So, did you want it kind of burnt, like usual?” asked Kindle.
“Yea, how’d you know? Thanks again!” said Lunar as he sat there, staring at all of the green appliances. Soon, Summer came walking in, with a bunch of dishes in his hands.
“We’re all finished. What do you want me to do with all of theses?” he said, referring to all the dishes and silverware.
“Uhh, I’ll take care of them, just set them next to the sink, right over there. Thanks Summer!” Kindle said as she pointed to where they belonged.
“Alright, thanks again!” said Summer, as she set them down, and happily walked back into the living room, where everyone else was.
“Hey Kindle.. I’ve just been thinking about something ever since last night..” said Lunar as he sat there silently.
“What’s that Lunar?” said Kindle as she brought him his food on a green plate.
“Well, before the New Seasons, there was Old Seasons. So, I was thinking we pay them a visit later today. You know, let the New Seasons talk to the Old Seasons for advice, or whatever.. Or maybe talk about what the New Seasons might be expecting when it really starts.. What do you say?”
“Before these Seasons, there were Older ones?” said Kindle as she stopped washing the dirty dishes, and turned her attention to Lunar at the table.
“Well, yea. They are pretty old, like age wise, but they still can talk.. Well, for a little while, before the New Earth sets steady,” said Lunar.
“That’s really neat! I think it would be great if the New Seasons could meet them, and have a chat. We’ll ask them as soon as I am done with these dishes,” recommended Kindle as she returned to cleaning the dishes.
As Kindle finished her last word, there came a sound coming from the field that was so disturbing, everyone had to put there hands on there ears.
“Uhh, what was that!” said Lunar.
“I don’t know..” said Kindle. “I also don’t think I exactly want to find out either.. But, I guess lets check it out, huh?”
Winter appeared at the Kitchen door, with everyone behind him. “Let’s go have a look..”
“Alright. Is everyone ready for the impossible? Because I sure am not..” said Kindle as she held Winters hand in fear.
“Don’t worry, I got it,” he said in return to the hand squeeze. Winter head towards the door, and opened it for the whole crew to exit the house. Another loud screech was just set off, which was followed by a loud crash.
“Well, doesn’t sound friendly whatever it is,” Autumn said. “Or whoever it might be for this matter… Uhh.. U-uh..”
“Stop making fun of me Autumn!” said Summer as he pushed Autumn.
“N-no! I’m not making fun of you.. J-just look!” said Autumn as she was pointing to the top of the hill. On top of the hill, was a person dressed in ragged red and black clothing. His hair was black, outlined with red somehow, making him look very mischievous.

He just stood there.

Staring down at the six of them, staring at him. His red eyes were glowing, and his mouth shaped in a disastrous grin. He was the one who was screaming. He was the one making those crashing noises.
He took one step down the hill, and a huge tremor was formed. His grin got even worse. He even started to chuckle a little bit.
“Who is that? Is he an element?” said Kindle.
“I sure hope so, but.. Which one?” said Winter.


“By the looks of it.. It looks like he might be the element Chaos. That’s one of your elements Winter,” said Autumn.
“Is that a good thing?” said Spring as she continued to stare at him.
“Probably not..” said Winter. “But, let’s see what I can do..” As Winter left Kindles hand, he walked away to the bottom of the hill. “HEY CHAOS! WHAT’S GOING ON BUDDY? WANT TO COME DOWN HERE REALLY QUICK FOR ME? OR ARE YOU AFRAID?!”

As Winter finished up, Chaos reacted immediately, and started to screech. Winter just stood there, ready. Chaos chuckled one more time, and shook his head. Chaos took one more step, and started to run down the hill. With every step, the tremor got worse and worse.

His eyes set on Winter. Charging down the hill with a death glare, and a determination to get Winter back.
“Spring! Come here, fast!” screamed Winter over his shoulder.
“What do you need Winter?” she said as she ran over to him.
“Just shoot some water into the air when I tell you to. Ok?” he said with assertiveness.
Chaos was still sprinting down the hill, with his arms behind him, crouching. The tremor got worse with every step, which was a lot since he was running. Chaos had finally reached the halfway mark on the hill, and he was still gaining speed as he crouched lower and lower. He was practically cracking the hill in half. The hill was starting to look more like a giant chasm instead. Chaos now had enough room to jump at Winter. He screamed once again, and began to spring himself into the air.
“NOW!” yelled Winter as he pointed to Chaos. Spring had been charging up a good amount of water ever since he said to, and she then let it go. A giant ball of water was now in the air, headed for Chaos. Winter took a huge breath, and immediately blew it out at the gigantic water blob. just as Chaos was about to hit it. Chaos saw what was about to happen, and stopped screeching.

The water hit him.
The Ice breath followed up. It all happened so fast, that anyone could barely even see if it had even worked. A huge crashing sound was made by the ice block hitting the ground and steam was everywhere. Everyone was in a fighting position, just in case he didn’t get frozen along with the water.

Everyone…
…was…
…silent…

All of a sudden,. A loud scream, coming from somewhere near the ice block, could be heard.
The steam was almost gone.. And finally they could see that…


…half of his body, had been frozen along with the water. Everyone went out of ‘ready-to-fight’ position, and relaxed as they all just stared at each other in relief.
Chaos was safe and sound in the ice.


The battle was over…
Sign up to rate and review this story