Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Car Crash Hearts

Chapter 20

by patricksgirl84 1 review

Being separated

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-03-17 - Updated: 2008-03-18 - 1515 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 20

Tina woke up and looked around. Then it all came back to her. She was at her Aunt Carla’s. There was a knock on the door.

“Tina are you awake?”

“Yes.”

“Why don’t you get dressed. I thought we could go out for breakfast with one of my friends.”

“Okay.”

Tina took a shower and put on a pair of black jeans and a t-shirt. She walked to the kitchen.

“I’m ready.”

“Alright. We are meeting my friend, Olivia at the Pancake House. She has a son that is in the same grade as you. I thought you two may get to know each other. At least you would have someone you would know at school when you start Monday.”

“Okay.”

“Tina, smile.”

“I’m sorry.” She tried to smile.

They went to the restaurant and found a booth that Olivia and her son were sitting at.

“Hi, Olivia. Sorry we’re late. This is my niece, Tina.”

“Hello, Tina. I’m Olivia and this is my son Jack.”

“Hi.” Tina sat across from Jack.

“Jack, say hi. I swear you act like a three year old.”

“Hi, Tina.”

“Hi.”

Jack was the opposite of Pete. He had blonde hair, was 6 feet tall, and had blue eyes. All Tina wanted to do was to be back with Pete. They order and Carla and Olivia talked.

“So, where are you from?”

“I’m from Texas, but was living in Chicago.”

“Why did you come back?”

“My father sent me here.”

“Oh, one of those dad’s.”

“Yeah. Just a little overprotective.”

The food came and everyone started eating except Tina. She wasn’t hungry.

“He would want you to eat.” Jack said.

“What?”

“Whoever you left. He would want you to eat.”

“I know. I just miss him. I did something stupid.”

“Would you like to go out for pizza tonight? If you want you can talk to me about it. I’m a very good listener.”

Tina remembered Pete telling her the same thing.

“I’m not looking for a boyfriend.”

“Well, I am.” Jack whispered and smiled.

“I’m gay. So, you don’t need to worry.”

“Alright. I’ll have to ask Carla, but I’m sure it will be fine.”

“Let me give you my number so you can call me.”

After they finished Tina and Carla said goodbye and left.

“It seemed like you and Jack hit it off. His mom would like to see him date more. Maybe you and him could go on a few dates.”

“First off, I just left my boyfriend and Jack isn’t interested.”

“It was just a thought.”

“Actually, could I go for pizza with Jack tonight?”

“Sure. That won’t be a problem.”

“Okay. I’ll have to call him when we get home.”

~

The doorbell rang and Tina answered it.

“Hi, Jack. Come in. I just need to get my hoodie.”

She grabbed her hoodie and they left for the restaurant. Once there, they ordered a pizza and drinks.

“How was your afternoon?” Jack asked.

“Boring.”

“Sounds like mine.”

“I miss Pete so much. That’s my boyfriend. Well, ex now.”

“What happened?”

“Let’s just say an older boyfriend, an over protective father and finding us in bed together didn’t mix well.”

“Yikes.”

“Exactly. So, then my dad shipped me here and said that if I wanted to go to college and have it paid for I needed to stay in Texas.”

“Wow. This Pete guy must be a troublemaker.”

“No, just in my father’s eyes he is.”

“I can tell Pete makes you happy.”

“Yeah, it’s been so hard. I left without telling him goodbye. I mean, I left him a letter. I thought it would be best and now I’m not sure.”

Tears started flowing. Jack handed her a tissue.

“I wish I knew what to say. Why don’t you call him.”

“I couldn’t. I miss him and everything, but still think it is best if we break up. You don’t know Pete. He needs someone there. I just hope he finds someone that understands him.”

“Do you?”

“Yes, I want him happy. As much as it kills me he needs someone in his life to make him smile. Enough about me. What about you?”

“It’s just my mom and me. I see my dad once a year. No one knows that I’m gay.”

“That I knew. Carla said we should go on a few dates.”

“I’ve tried to come out, but it’s like my mom knows, but won’t listen. I plan on going to the University of Texas for business.”

“That’s where I’m going.”

“Good. I’ll be glad to know someone. You start school on Monday?”

“Yeah. Not looking forward to it at all.”

“I don’t blame you. I’ll help you though.”

“Thanks.”

After they ate the pizza Jack drove Tina back home. She went to her room and made a phone call.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pete slammed his bedroom door. He could smell Tina in his room. His phone rang.

“Hello.”

“Hey, do you want to practice today?”

“Joe, do you know what today is?”

“Um, Saturday.”

“You are such an ass. Tina left today. I’m not in the mood.”

“How are you doing?”

“Not good. She left and just gave me a letter. I didn’t get to tell her goodbye or anything.”

“I’m sorry. Why don’t we have a party tonight.”

“Come on, Joe. I don’t,”

“It’ll be good. My parents are gone. Come over at 8:00.”

Joe hung up before Pete could say another word. He took the ring out of his pocket and looked at it.

“This was going to be a new beginning. Fuck.”

Pete threw the ring across the room. He laid on the bed and around 7:00 he got up and got something to eat and left for Joe’s.

He walked in and there was already a room full of people.

“Hey, Pete. I really didn’t think you would come.”

“Well, you didn’t give me a choice. You hung up before I could say anything.”

“I knew what you would say. Have a good time.” Joe walked away.

“What a fucker.”

“What?”

“Hi, Patrick. What’s wrong with Joe?”

“He doesn’t want you upset. We all don’t.”

“It’s a little late. Why didn’t we run away? You know, I bought her a ring. Now, it lays on the floor in my room.”

“Why don’t you call her?”

“Why didn’t I think of that. Fuck, I’m such an idiot. Because she left me with nothing! And do you think her father is going to give me the number?”

“Pete, calm down. I can’t imagine what you are going through. Try and put yourself in music. I worry about you.”

Patrick walked to find Destiny. After a hour, Pete decided to go home. He told Joe he was leaving.

~

The next day Pete spent the day writing. There was a knock on his door.

“Yeah.”

“Peter, are you alright?”

“Hi, mom. I’m doing okay. Just writing.”

“I brought you some supper. If you need anything or to talk I’m here.”

“Thanks. I’ll be fine.”

After his mom left Pete’s phone rang.

“Hello?” No one said anything.

“Is anyone there?” He waited a few more seconds.

“Tina, I know its you. Please say something.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Baby, why did you leave without waking me?”

“I don’t know. I thought it would be better. I miss you.”

“I miss you so much. How are you?”

“Terrible.”

“Same here. Joe had a party last night. It was awful. I didn’t want to be there.”

“I want to be back with you.”

“I know. I can try and come down.”

“No. I can’t have you come down here.”

“Why not?” Tina was quiet.

“Tina, are you still there?”

“Yes, I’m trying to think of something.”

“There isn’t is there?”

“No, there isn’t. Where would you get the money?”

“I have some saved. I can take a bus and get a cheap motel. Let me see you.”

“Fine. You can come down here.”

“Don’t seem so thrilled.”

“Stop it. I just don’t want anyone to know.”

“I won’t tell anyone. I’ll think of something to tell my parents and the guys.”

“So, you’re really coming?”

“Yes, I want to see you so bad.”

“Good. Were you mad at me for leaving?”

“Yes. I almost got in a few accidents racing to the airport.”

“I just thought it would be the best thing. I’m sorry.”

“I know. We’re going to be together. I don’t know how yet, but we will.”

“I believe you. Oh, crap. Pete, I have to go. My aunt is knocking on my door. I love you.”

Before Pete could say anything the line was dead, but he had a smile on his face.


Sign up to rate and review this story