Categories > Original > Fantasy > Searching

New Friends and Decisions

by darkhanyougrl 0 reviews

Sixteen year old rachel is on a misson. Her and her three best friends are trying to find out who rachels paretns are, and if they know anything about what the four girls are. But will they be able...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-02-08 - Updated: 2006-02-09 - 1614 words

0Unrated
chapter 1

A man carefully scanned the playground, watching each of the children carefully. He felt a familiar tug on his pants and looked down into his 5 year old daughter, Rachels, smiling face.

"daddy can I get some ice cream." she asked sweetly her bright blue eyes twinkling.

"of course sweet pea, here you go, be careful." he knelt down and pulled two dollars out of his pocket handing them to her.

"thank you daddy" she wrapped her arms around his neck and took off running toward the ice cream stand, her pitch black hair bouncing up and down.

John sighed as he stood up again looking over the playground, he rubbed his eyes tiredly, he had been up all night researching. He sat down on a bench absently tracing the diamond tattoo on his wrist, actually it wasn't even a tattoo, it was a mark that kind of appeared when he was 13. He remembered that day, when his father explained to him that his destiny was to be a dragon slayer.

At first he thought his dad was making the whole thing up, I mean come on, dragons aren't real. But then later that his dad took him out to the country, that's where he saw his first dragon, the problem is they look like normal humans until they transform, which they can do at will, and they don't get their powers till they're five. But not in this case, this time he wasn't dealing with any normal dragons, it was the four most powerful dragons.

According to the prophecy they wouldn't get their powers until they met each other, which was supposed to happen today. So he came up to the park to watch for them, he hadn't intended to bring his daughter Rachel but after she heard where he was going he couldn't very well tell her that she couldn't come. John glanced at his daughter who was standing next to the swings eating a chocolate ice cream cone, he looked down at his watch, it had been three and half hours.

Looking up he saw a little boy running around without a shirt on, quickly he scanned the kids chest and arms. All dragons got a mark when they got their powers, all it was a like a picture of what they look like when they transformed. Boys had the mark on their chest or their upper left arm and girls on their upper right arm or the lower part of their back.

He heard someone walk up next to him and sit down. He looked over to see Rachel holding out her ice cream cone for him, she had chocolate all over face but amazingly none on her yellow dress.

"want some daddy?" she asked innocently.

"no its okay sweet pea, daddy's not very hungry, come here" he took one of the unused napkins out of her hand and wiped her mouth.

"thank you daddy" Rachel slid off of the bench and took one last lick of the ice cream and threw it into a trash can before running off over to the jungle gym. she climbed up to the top and was walking toward the slide when she felt someone put their hand on her shoulder and push her down. she looked up to see four boys glaring down at her.

"what'd you do that for" she asked standing back up.

"your not allowed up here, it's our club house, no girls allowed." one boy took another stepped out in front of the other three. He had black hair and light brown eyes. Right behind was a boy that looked exactly like him except older. Behind those two there was a boy with light brown hair and hazel eyes.

"yeah go away" the fourth boy stepped up from behind the other three, he was small and skinny, he had bleach blonde hair and pale blue eyes.

"shut up, she can come here if she wants" said voice behind Rachel. Three girls came up next to her, the oldest looking one walked up to the boys.

"says who" the oldest boy stepped up to her glaring.

"SAYS ME" the girl yelled then pushed him back. he stumbled back and fell down the slide. Rachel and the other two girls laughed as the girl looked at the other three boys angrily as they all scrambled to get down the slide first.

"thanks my name is Rachel" she said as the girl turned back around.

"my name is Abby" she had reddish brown hair and green eyes.

"I'm Kelly" said one of the girls next to her, " and that's Valerie" she pointed to the last girl. Kelly had brown hair and dark brown eyes, Valerie had blonde hair and dark blue eyes.

"Wanna be our friend?" Valerie asked.

"yeah, let's go play" she said, happily. The four girls played together for the next two hours when John, called Rachel back to go home.

"bye" she said to her three new friends, they waved back as Rachel took off running toward her father.

"thank you for bringing me here daddy" she said as they got into the car.

"did you have fun"

"yeah I made some new friends"

"that's great sweet pea" he said not really listening.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"DADDY, DADDY, COME HERE MOMMY DADDY" John rolled over groaning. According to the clock it was 3:16.

"DADDY, MOMMY I NEED YOU"

"john will see what's wrong with her" his wife Donna said groggily.

John stumbled out of bed and down the hall to Rachel's room. She was sitting up in bed, crying and holding her shoulder.

"what's wrong honey" he said going over to her rubbing his eyes.

"it hurts daddy"

"what hurts" he sat down on the edge of her bed.

"this, right here" she lifted up her sleeve and pointed to her arm. It was to dark to see anything so john got up and turned on the light. He turned back around but what he saw made him freeze. Curling around the top of her upper right arm was a black dragon with icy blue eyes. His daughter was a dragon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

John ran into his room turning on the light. Donna opened her eye then closed them against the brightness.

"what are you doing turn off the -" she opened her eyes and the look of worry on his face.

"john what's wrong"she sat up as he began to pace back and forth nervously

"John sit down and tell me whats wrong" he glanced up then looked down at the floor. He sighed and sat down on the edge of the bed. He started to tell her but his voice wouldn't work. So he took a deep breath and tried again but nothing came out.

"john tell me" she yelled after the fifth time this happened.

"rachels a dragon" it came out before he could stop it.

"b-but how, you told me that this stuff is like supposed to run in the family, isn't she supposed to be a dragon slayer." it was her turn to pace now.

"I know, the only way she would be a dragon is if one of her parents were, your not one, and I'm defintaly not one."

He looked up to see Donna's face go pale.

"Donna what's wrong" she looked at him then continued pacing.

"its nothing, what's going to happen if the other slayers find out about this.

"they'll kill and then they'll kill me for hiding her." donna sat back down on the bed trying to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall.

"what are we going to do"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A hour later John and Donna were driving down the highway with Rachel asleep in the back seat.

"are you sure about this" Donna asked glancing back at Rachel.

"we need to give her away, we need to get her as far away from me as possible."

"why, why can't we all go into hiding or something." she begged.

"because im being tracked remember, as long as I have this fucking mark they can find me anywhere." he held his wrist out showing her the diamond shape.

"I just wish she could stay with us"

"I know me too, but shes safer this way, I promise." john pulled off the highway and drove for another 10 miles before stopping at a random house. Rachel stirred slightly as he turned off the ignition.

"well its now or never" john looked back at Rachel sadly. He looked back at donna who had tears pouring down her face. He put his arms around her and pulled her closer to him.

"its going to be okay, shes going to be okay I promise" he flet her nod and he let go of her kissing the top of her head.

"come one lets get this over with" they both got out of the car, john opened up the back door and carefully picked Rachel up, as donna grabbed the blanket that was back there. They walked up to the house and just looked at the dorr for a minute, john sighed and layed Rachel down on the porch. He took off his jacket and bunched it up, putting it under her head for a pillow, then took the blanket from donna and layed it on her making sure she wouldn't get cold. He pulled an envelope out of his back pocket and placed it next to her, they both bent down and kissed Rachel.

Donna was still crying, as they turned around to go back to the car john let the tears fall. And they walked away from their only daughter thinking that they would never see her again.
Sign up to rate and review this story